This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

They Never Listen. Do Something That Will Make Them Hear Us.

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    @Cinderellimouse lol... sorry about the whole patience thing... I too get anxious. My husband was like, "You're dine out pack will be out in 3 weeks, just be patient." I'm like, "BUT...BUT...BUT". I, for one, am really stoked about the Kids Room pack and my mind is all over the place hoping Backyard pack is true and really happening. Because I see objects like tree houses, new playground equipment, slip n' slides, sprinklers, new activities like child sims playing ball. I want it all like... RIGHT NOW... the inner me is demanding for it to be released RIGHT NOW lol. My husband is getting all types of Fallout packs coming out back-to-back starting this month. He just got The Dark Brotherhood for ESO, and he already pre-ordered the Skyrim Special Edition for the PS4. I'm sitting over here saying, "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" But I just hold on to fate that TS4 is getting better and better... with time, in 4 to 5 years... I have a strong feeling people will start saying TS4 is by far the best of the series.

It's my favourite series already! I just love it! That's why I'm so eager to get more content, there are still so many things I'd love to get for the game. But I do wish they'd hurry up with those little ones. ^__^

Patience is so hard! :D
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    @Cinderellimouse- I remember seeing on the forum someone made a post that when they went into modding after Dine Out came out they saw something about vampires with Vamp_PaleSkin... as well as with monster collections, puppet theater and battle station... So like I take those things to heart so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get vampires in EP03 and puppet theaters and the ability to capture and collect monsters under the bed in SP07. I mean, there are a lot of things we want that I'm willing to wait 3 or 4 years for them to perfect to give us a complete pack, and their giving us stuff we've been requesting like more game play with child sims... which YAY!!!... we're so getting. So yeah, the gurus are definitely listening.
  • Options
    azyalaazyala Posts: 14 New Member
    Toddlers. Cars. Seasons. A back to school expansion pack. Generations. They know we want it. They won't give it to us though! We asked for toddlers, and we get some god awful clown! We ask for toddlers once again, and we get Dine Out! EA, don't you care about the fans?! I hate to be that person, but I'm sick of this. I'm no longer buying any EP, GP, or SP. And I want you do do the same. It may be tempting. But you want toddlers, don't you. You want Seasons, don't you? We will spread the news around! Repost this with the title #EmptyPromises. Tell everybody whats going on! Keep reposting this! Flood the forums! I don't care if I get banned. If I do, my only regret is that I had but one life to loose for my fandom.

I agree. I haven't bought any new EPs or GPs for a long time because they add too little to the way I play. I don't plan to buy any more EPs until they bring back toddlers or some type of Generations pack that will actually enhance my game. The packs they have been putting out don't interest me nearly enough for me to justify buying them. Ever since I fell in love with Sims 2, I have enjoyed playing families and watching all age groups interact.

I tried playing again this week because I was curious about the new update, but was bored silly in less than an hour. Unfortunately for me, the multi-tasking and other features that I really like about Sims 4 keep me from going back to Sims 2 or 3. I'm growing very weary of waiting around for them to give information about when they'll finally include the thing that matters so much to players like me. There's only so much child leaping out of crib nonsense that I can take and I think I reached my limit six months ago. Sims 4 is unplayable to me without toddlers.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I agree with you. Its too late for me though. I only have SP's left to buy :s
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    This actually makes me wonder, they shut down a couple studios already and if EA is going down, will another company make a game similar to The Sims? If another life simulation game came out that showed promise, would simmers support it or stay loyal to the Sims franchise? Because imagine a company like Bethesda making The Sims; it could be the ultimate game...
  • Options
    StarbucksLover05StarbucksLover05 Posts: 87 Member
    @azyala Thank you for agreeing. Your reply pretty much summed up what many other simmers are thinking. I feel like I' be okay with the sims 4 if they just add toddlers. The graphics are fabulous, and the gameplay is very smooth, but I am sick of children hopping out of cribs. It just drives me nuts. Plus, we need Seasons, because without that, the gameplay is rather bland. I want to put my fall and winter clothes to use rather then always dressing my sims up depending on the world they live in. Like, it's always the same- a short sleeved shirt with jeans for Willow Creek, a tanktop and shorts for Oasis Springs, a sweater and pants for Newcrest, and anything that looks like some party obsessed teen would wear is for Windenburge (however you spell it.)
  • Options
    @isaiahzay I personally would stay true to The Sims. Anything else just seems strange to be. Besides, I'm used to the word sim. It's what I've been saying for years, and to switch to just calling them "people" or something else... it wouldn't work for me. Although the sims isn't perfect, I don't think that anyone else could do better.
  • Options
    @isaiahzay I personally would stay true to The Sims. Anything else just seems strange to be. Besides, I'm used to the word sim. It's what I've been saying for years, and to switch to just calling them "people" or something else... it wouldn't work for me. Although the sims isn't perfect, I don't think that anyone else could do better.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member

Probably true. I've been playing since the original Sims and played into buying most DLC and all the expansions in the franchise, I'd miss the goofiness and special Sims feel that Maxis brings, but It'd be nice to see a little more appreciation for us simmers, if not in the form of quantity OR quality content, then at least we could be provided with more news on a personal level like the live broadcasts for Sims 3 (like when they announced Island Paradise, University, and Into the Future all at once and you could see how excited they were to bring them to us!) Hopefully in twenty or so years we can have a truly limitless Sims game.
  • Options
    @isiahzay I, on the other hand, only started to play the sims when ts4 came out, so I'm kind of a noob. Although I did start playing later, I feel like I really am a part of this little family. Every simmer I've meet has always been so welcoming. Anyways, I honestly don't care if I'm 70 when we get a limitless sims game. I'd buy it anyways :smile:
  • Options
    iballisticbunny6iballisticbunny6 Posts: 87 Member
    I too wish that there were those features/packs for the Sims 4, but we have to be patient, as people above have said.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Lots of people (including me) asked for better lightning, restaurants, kids stuff and that's what they're giving us. Things like cars and toddlers takes time. But there is hints of them coming sometime soon.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I am looking forward to seeing what is in the kids stuff pack ...
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    Things like cars and toddlers takes time.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 has drivable sims 4 cars
  • Options
    twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    The Sims 1 was from 2000-2003 and had 7 Expansions, 0 Stuff Packs, and 3 Console games. The Sims 2 was 2004-2008 and had 8 Expansions, 9 Stuff Packs, and 4 Console games for various different types of devices. The Sims 3 was from 2009-2013 and had 11 Expansions, 9 Stuff Packs, and a Console game. Based on these stats, The Sims 4 should last from 2014-2018 and have at least 13-14 Expansions, 9 Stuff Packs (#SaveRalph), and at least 1 console game. They have until December 2018.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2016
    Let's all start a campaign for furtherance of The Sims as a simulation project and offer the developers a few billion dollars to cover their operating expenses, licensing, and creation of the assets and framework which will be required for them to give us what we're demanding. I vote that we entirely fund the next version out of our own pockets since we've made it clear to them that this version isn't acceptable and that we're not going to stop attacking them until they've completed the project.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Let's all start a campaign for furtherance of The Sims as a simulation project and offer the developers a few billion dollars to cover their operating expenses, licensing, and creation of the assets and framework which will be required for them to give us what we're demanding. I vote that we entirely fund the next version out of our own pockets since we've made it clear to them that this version isn't acceptable and that we're not going to stop attacking them until they've completed the project.

meh. too much work on my part. i'm just going to go play "no man's sky" when it come out. and if ts5 (not pre-ordered... def learnt my lesson w/ ts4) is as awful as ts4 is then hopefully there'll be a competitor game dev capable of making a life sim game that i'll pay for. if not, meh... i'll live.
  • Options
    @Forest_Ninja You are a genius. Like, seriously. I would sell my HOUSE so that I could have some money to donate. Well, maybe not my house. Like, my laptop or something. XD
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Why not just start a kick starter fund for indie game developers. You may have more luck.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Why not just start a kick starter fund for indie game developers. You may have more luck.

No, he wouldn't. Crowdfunding is a complete and total joke. Most of those projects fall through, either because the project starters are starry-eyed navel gazers who wind up getting in over their heads or are scam artists/panhandlers who had no intention of seeing their idea through.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    @Forest_Ninja You are a genius. Like, seriously. I would sell my HOUSE so that I could have some money to donate. Well, maybe not my house. Like, my laptop or something. XD

i'm sad because i don't have a billion dollar house to give to eas' ceos to squander invest. but i have some pocket lint and choice words of red-eyed rage encouragement that i'd like to give them. i'm generous with what i have.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Don't really care about toddlers, cars or seasons. They'll be nice for the players who want them but they aren't adding things other players want either. I'd like build/buy items that are less 'new and shiny' and more shabby, goth or trashy. I'd like supernaturals and not have them get nerfed like the aliens because a few people complained.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    @Bagoas77
    Red-eyed rage? Same XD I could give them, like, a $20. :D
  • Options
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Many others, including me, want toddlers, cars, and seasons. You're supposed to serve the majority, not cater to the minority.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Many others, including me, want toddlers, cars, and seasons. You're supposed to serve the majority, not cater to the minority.

?????

You must not spend a lot of time reading here. There have been a lot of request for the things I mentioned. While the people who really want toddlers are very vocal the people who want these other things have not been exactly silent.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright