The new EA Forums are finally here! You can check out our brand new forums right here.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They Never Listen. Do Something That Will Make Them Hear Us.

Toddlers. Cars. Seasons. A back to school expansion pack. Generations. They know we want it. They won't give it to us though! We asked for toddlers, and we get some god awful clown! We ask for toddlers once again, and we get Dine Out! EA, don't you care about the fans?! I hate to be that person, but I'm sick of this. I'm no longer buying any EP, GP, or SP. And I want you do do the same. It may be tempting. But you want toddlers, don't you. You want Seasons, don't you? We will spread the news around! Repost this with the title #EmptyPromises. Tell everybody whats going on! Keep reposting this! Flood the forums! I don't care if I get banned. If I do, my only regret is that I had but one life to loose for my fandom.

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    We ask for toddlers once again, and we get Dine Out!

To be fair, I asked for both. *ticks one of the check-boxes*
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm not all that concerned about there being none of this in Sims 4 right now. If I was that concerned about none this being in Sims 4 right now. All I have to do is simply fire-up Sims 3, and I'm good to go! B)
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    maybe they're really busy working on ts5 and making sure they're not also in that upcoming iteration.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Be sure they are listening. But as The Sims 4 from the start was announced as "a new way of playing sims", all they want is something new and I feel the same way. To me all the things you name are: Been there/done that.
  • Options
    DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    Zero originality ;)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2016
    I remember a lot of people asking for restaurants.

I requested the UI not to be that ugly blue clunky UI from the sims 1, 2 and 3. and I got it.
    Got that mac version lol hadn't forgotten about that.
    Like really I asked for Basements. I got it.
    I asked for DJ booths I got that.
    My Sim is a Detective.

I mean still asking for favorites tho. That's one of many, things I've been looking forward to playing with since launch and still nothing. Might take a while to code, and change a few things, but I feel like it should be soon by now.

A lot of the things I want/have requested will take time, but I feel like it'll happen.
    like vehicles.

but the thing is I'm willing to wait a little.

Like I want to go buy Perfect Patio, Outdoor Retreat, and Dine Out, but those packs aren't really what I need.
    I want a Hot Tub on my Porch, I want to own a Lake House in Granite Falls, chill with my Sim friends and family, and I want want new cooking recipes, liquor, and go out to eat from time to time.

the rest I'm not really interested in.

Spa Day, seems kind of meh...
    Luxury Party, was a little petty I'm Kind looking for just Luxury stuff. like long Silk, Satin (sexy) Sleep wear, crystals, and chandeliers and just expensive unnecessary things.
    Spooky, was it spooky tho?
    Romantic Garden, I liked the wishing well. It shows Signs of Promise for a Supernatural Pack.
    Cool Kitchen... nah
    Movie Hangout I liked a few things but most of the decor, and such I saw, really tacky.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I remember a lot of people asking for restaurants.

A lot of people--like me--also asked for better, crisper lighting so the game wouldn't look so gloomy and overcast. B)

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Toddlers. Cars. Seasons. A back to school expansion pack. Generations. They know we want it. They won't give it to us though! We asked for toddlers, and we get some god awful clown! We ask for toddlers once again, and we get Dine Out! EA, don't you care about the fans?! I hate to be that person, but I'm sick of this. I'm no longer buying any EP, GP, or SP. And I want you do do the same. It may be tempting. But you want toddlers, don't you. You want Seasons, don't you? We will spread the news around! Repost this with the title #EmptyPromises. Tell everybody whats going on! Keep reposting this! Flood the forums! I don't care if I get banned. If I do, my only regret is that I had but one life to loose for my fandom.

@StarbucksLover05 patience my dear... they need their revenue... they need us hoping, desiring.. they want us to be like hungry dogs wanting and waiting for ever;))) but seriously.. I think it will all come.. slowly.. and according to management's directives, strategies and focused on profit tactics;)) I want Seasons badly... horribly badly:))) I want them now;)) I want them everywhere;))) I want them to be delivered to my door today with red ribbon and white bunnies with added card from Ea: " For free, because you waited so long".. but.. one can always dream:))) so patience my dear;)) because patience is a virtue;)) and now we can play cards or chat till we die eternally waiting for any news from Sims team:)) happy Simming:)))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    A type of seasons and generations pack are probably all in due time. I'd love snow in my game. :/

As for toddlers, it is not that they just aren't giving it to you,
    they seriously built the game with new everything (without them in mind):

afd275357baa4080be8f624d6eb858ce.png

• Options
    Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    I'm pretty sure they are listening it's just they can't do 50,000 things at once. I'm sure they'll get to lots of more fun things that we asked for in due time.
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    Seasons takes time. Toddlers would take time. Pretty much all the major things people want take time. People must understand this!

Also, people DID want restaurants. I'm one of them. People also wanted more kids stuff, better lighting, gardeners, mechanics, family trees. It's very obvious they listen. Just because something people are asking for isn't out instantly, doesn't mean they ignored it. BE PATIENT!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,667 Member
    edited June 2016
    Be Patient!!! I mean this person been patient since 2014 or whatever time they been patient we have two more months until this game is two years old and still no toddlers eventhough they said it would in the beginning teasing all they way up to this point and they may even continue to tease so patience went out along time ago to be honest.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Noogster wrote: »
    A type of seasons and generations pack are probably all in due time. I'd love snow in my game. :/

As for toddlers, it is not that they just aren't giving it to you,
    they seriously built the game with new everything (without them in mind):

afd275357baa4080be8f624d6eb858ce.png

And well, I am pretty much cured from earlier Seasons. I think it was with The Sims 2. Sims got bad sunburns when sunbathing, even after the sun was down! And they became frozen, playing in the snow, even though they were wearing coats. It wasn't funny at all.

• Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited June 2016

It's been said by many people a bunch of times, keeping quiet about toddlers is a marketing gimmick. The more they wait, the more anxious people will become. Many franchises have done the exact same thing. If there weren't any toddlers coming, they wouldn't have ignored everyone, and they would have flat out said there will be NO toddlers. All you would be doing is adding fuel to the fire.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    StarbucksLover05StarbucksLover05 Posts: 87 Member
    Many others post things such as this. How come they get no hate? How come everyone supports them? That's what I wanna know. And @justdancerebecca, people aren't just getting anxious- they're getting angry. @keyFUNKY101 and @Linabelina360, I understand that things take time, but its been two years. I wouldn't care if they took an extra year to actually release the game, all I would want is to have payed for a complete game.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    they have a trajectory for the sims 4. they're not going to err from that trajectory no matter what those who refuse to buy the result of their trajectory says. so strap in. it's going to be a bumpy ride.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,637 Member
    Many others post things such as this. How come they get no hate? How come everyone supports them? That's what I wanna know. And @justdancerebecca, people aren't just getting anxious- they're getting angry. @keyFUNKY101 and @Linabelina360, I understand that things take time, but its been two years. I wouldn't care if they took an extra year to actually release the game, all I would want is to have payed for a complete game.

Lots of people want the things you want. Pointing out that people did ask for restaurants isn't hate, just facts. People have actually been begging for runnable restaurants since the beginning of Sims 3 - that's 7 years of asking.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @StarbucksLover05 I know it's been nearly two years, but would you rather wait two years or more and have an excellent quality game, or wait a much lesser time and have a crappy game filled with bugs and glitches? Programming isn't easy, it takes time to make a high-quality game. The best pieces of art take years to create, you just have to be patient. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Be Patient!!! I mean this person been patient since 2014 or whatever time they been patient we have two more months until this game is two years old and still no toddlers eventhough they said it would in the beginning teasing all they way up to this point and they may even continue to tease so patience went out along time ago to be honest.

That is true but you also have to understand the fact that, like in my previous comment, programming a quality game takes a whole lot of time. So patience needed in this field.... is actually much larger than you'd think.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I have faith that Maxis is working on great quality packs coming up. EA is their boss. I'm sure if it was up to Maxis they would be doing everything they could to better amp-up TS4, which IMO... is a lot smoother and more enjoyable than TS3. We didn't get everything at once with previous installments. And as others have pointed out... yeah, some things may have been "small" that was added to the game, but others see it as huge changes which make the game more visually stunning and entertaining. Dine Out is by far the best pack we've received, but again... I've been asking for restaurants since TS3.

There are a lot of things I want for TS4 like cemeteries, chemistry system, apartments, more active careers, more things for family play, etc. but I know they will release it. We have the upcoming Kids Room SP and possibly the rumored Backyard SP that's going to add a lot more activities for child and teen sims. IMO, Seasons should be something that comes after packs like Generations, Pets, Back to School/College Life. And yes, the game will officially have been out for 2 years in September, but the quarters didn't start until January 2015, so with expansions, game packs, and stuff packs... we're honestly only into 1 1/2 years. And a series usually runs for about 4 to 5 years. So take into account the quarter cycles we still have 3.5 to 4.5 years to go with TS4 which leaves so much more they can give to the fans. High quality products take time to perfect. It's hard to be patient... you got to just keep hanging in there.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I have faith that Maxis is working on great quality packs coming up. EA is their boss. I'm sure if it was up to Maxis they would be doing everything they could to better amp-up TS4, which IMO... is a lot smoother and more enjoyable than TS3. We didn't get everything at once with previous installments. And as others have pointed out... yeah, some things may have been "small" that was added to the game, but others see it as huge changes which make the game more visually stunning and entertaining. Dine Out is by far the best pack we've received, but again... I've been asking for restaurants since TS3.

There are a lot of things I want for TS4 like cemeteries, chemistry system, apartments, more active careers, more things for family play, etc. but I know they will release it. We have the upcoming Kids Room SP and possibly the rumored Backyard SP that's going to add a lot more activities for child and teen sims. IMO, Seasons should be something that comes after packs like Generations, Pets, Back to School/College Life. And yes, the game will officially have been out for 2 years in September, but the quarters didn't start until January 2015, so with expansions, game packs, and stuff packs... we're honestly only into 1 1/2 years. And a series usually runs for about 4 to 5 years. So take into account the quarter cycles we still have 3.5 to 4.5 years to go with TS4 which leaves so much more they can give to the fans. High quality products take time to perfect. It's hard to be patient... you got to just keep hanging in there.

Ha ha! I got all excited reading your post, thinking of all the great stuff we might get in the future and then... 'be patient'. ARGH! :D
  • Options
    @2HubbiesNLove I completely agree :)
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    @Cinderellimouse lol... sorry about the whole patience thing... I too get anxious. My husband was like, "You're dine out pack will be out in 3 weeks, just be patient." I'm like, "BUT...BUT...BUT". I, for one, am really stoked about the Kids Room pack and my mind is all over the place hoping Backyard pack is true and really happening. Because I see objects like tree houses, new playground equipment, slip n' slides, sprinklers, new activities like child sims playing ball. I want it all like... RIGHT NOW... the inner me is demanding for it to be released RIGHT NOW lol. My husband is getting all types of Fallout packs coming out back-to-back starting this month. He just got The Dark Brotherhood for ESO, and he already pre-ordered the Skyrim Special Edition for the PS4. I'm sitting over here saying, "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" But I just hold on to fate that TS4 is getting better and better... with time, in 4 to 5 years... I have a strong feeling people will start saying TS4 is by far the best of the series.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,685 Member

Lot of people wanted restaurants and we got them. They are listening.
  • Options
    PublicityPublicity Posts: 121 Member
    I'm okay with them taking their time. I like getting things we've never really had before and I hope that the next expansion can be a repeat. But, seeing as it is a whole new game it makes sense to have new experiences and the old ones to gradually work their way in.