Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @Shadami how goes baby stuff? Happy belated anniversary.

Thank you! :) Baby stuff is going okay, I was planning to get more cleaned today to set up a space for the crib in case we still have to stay in this apartment another year, but I'm running a fever and resting so that I can get healthy faster.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Oh and before I forget, I do have one question for the readers @everyone :

I have written quite a big chunk of Mae's and Francesco's past in Paris already.
    Do the new revelations of their past help you understand Mae's and Francesco's motives/characters/actions of the present time better? Do you see both of them differently than how you saw them in season 1?
    For those who didn't already, you might want to check back on my story again. I have written a few updates since my last turn, including today.

@candycottonchu

Yes, these revelations help me better understand Francesco for certain. I get why it's so difficult for him...
    to leave his wife because of his past. I think he feels obligated to stay because he's "that" guy. He's a good guy deep down. Even so, he knows he cannot continue to be in a hostile relationship. Poor guy! He keeps getting into these "take-take-take" relationships. Rosa may be crazy, but at least she's not scary like Diego... yet. Seeing Mae so fresh-faced and naive makes me think she's a bit battle weary and she's definitely worldly wise by the time she gets to NBHT, but the same desire to please people and do things on a whim and flit from thing to thing is still there. I <3 her character so much.

Character Roulette
    Based on the characters in your story, I would....

...avoid meeting Diego in a dark alley... he gives me the creeps.
    ...moonlight at a night club with Franco because it'd be worth getting caught and he's so talented. ;)
    ... go to a party with the Roux siblings, since they seem to know how to have a good time.
    ...take out on a date or a night on the town with Tristan because he's hot and so determined, even if he's out to get Franco and Mae.
    ...slap silly... or at least get into an argument with Suzette most likely, and she weirds me out too.
    ...share an apartment with Mae, because her apartment is so quirky and quaint.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and I do hope that you are feeling better soon

@candycottonchu

Do the new revelations of their past help you understand Mae's and Francesco's motives/characters/actions of the present time better? Do you see both of them differently than how you saw them in season 1?
    This is a very difficult question for me to answer as I really need to read the end of the Paris retrospect to fully answer this question completely.

What I can tell you is that I do see Mae a bit differently and I like the Paris version better. At first I thought of her as this sickenly sweet goody two shoes girl who would do anything not to hurt a person's feelings even at her own expense. For example marrying Herbert or agreeing to have his baby just because she was afraid to say no and hurt his feelings. In the end she hurt him and Marie even more because the marriage was all wrong. She was never meant to be a soccer mom (at this point of her life) and we do have the explanation why that is the case now. In Paris, Mae is this party girl who I like much better and I am hoping for the return of this part of her personality in Season 2. She is still a nice person in both versions but clearly she is more realistic in the Paris version.

1. What are your initial impressions?
    At first I thought it would be nice to see the backstory of what happened before with Mae and Franco. Backstories are always nice to read about especially when you know there was a history between two characters.

2. If you've read Neighbourhood Talk, how is Paris similar or different? (Use spoilers).
    The most notable difference is the cast of characters. In the first part of Neighbourhood Talk we see an ensemble cast of characters but now we are only focused on the backstory of two of them. With that being said there was many different stories in the first but now it is only one.

3. What are your thoughts about the real life setting of Paris?

I love the sets that you made for the story and of course Paris is a beautiful city.

Character Roulette

...avoid meeting in a dark alley Diego
    ...moonlight at a night club with
    ... go to a party with
    Mae for both of these now that we see she knows how to party
    ...take out on a date or a night on the town Franco, Obvious reasons
    ...slap silly... or at least get into an argument with Tristan as I can already tell he is letting his personal opinions get into the middle of an investigation.
    ...share an apartment with I love Mae's apartment with the shower in the kitchen and all
    @Piazzagirl1015 thank you. I'm feeling much better. It's nice to see you around here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 thank you. I'm feeling much better. It's nice to see you around here.

i'm glad your much better.

i have been lurking just not posting i'm off pain meds but stil taking antibiotics which cause me to get tired faster so i don't hang out on the forums as much or in game i did something dum and lost part of the benders save.
    since i haven't finshed neighborhood talk i might try and read a few posts of that if you and candy don't mind. then maybe i could ask questions from that.

i have 2 resolutions believe it or not 1to finish the benders. its been almost 3 years :) 2 was to be involved in threads like this. but i wasn't expecting to have so much go wrong with me at once mom was no help either she called it getting old

no that the pain is gone i want to try and get involved again. because i love reading updates on what everyone ones sims are up too. :):):):):):)
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited February 2019
    @candycottonchu

They definitely feel more three dimensional now. I think it was a brilliant idea to write the retrospective and probably necessary too, if you plan to focus on these two characters in second season a lot.
    We can look back at season 1 and see it in different perspective. Already the first Paris chapter offered a better insight to Linda's and Mae's relationship.
    The whole retrospective also raised more questions, which I hope will be answered before the Paris chapters end.

1. What are your initial impressions?
    I always love to read additional info about characters that help me understand them better. Paris didn't disappoint in this regard. To be honest I like Paris chapters more than first season. It seems better organized, having less characters to follow seems to be working better too, if only because the story can move forward at faster pace.

2. If you've read Neighbourhood Talk, how is Paris similar or different?
    It's different in every regard. The mood is less carefree, despite Mae being still Mae, even more careless in her younger version. But introducing Diego really added dark current to the story, which I welcomed. It told me you are done with the happy sunny days of first season (not that all of them were sunny, especially toward the end) and are ready to show us you can do the dark and serious stuff too. (Insert applause here.)
    As I mentioned before, focusing on two main characters plus couple of interesting side characters did good to the story and I bet it helped you to get to know them better too.

3. What are your thoughts about the real life setting of Paris?
    I was very curious how you'd tackle it. I loved all lots so far, from Mae's tiny appartment, amazing bar Franny performed in to police station. It would be cool if you showed us French café or a park, but I think I'll survive if you don't. I'm more of a Rome fan than Paris fan anyway. :p

Character Roulette

...avoid meeting in a dark alley Diego
    ...moonlight at a night club with. Franny or Nico.
    ... go to a party with Ah. This question again. If I had to go to a party I'd pick someone who is not much into partying like myself, so we could not have fun at the party together. Is Linda into partying? She seems like more serious type. So Linda it is.
    ...take out on a date or a night on the town Ohhh, I want Tristan to show me Paris, hehe. The parts he already managed to clean up from crime.
    ...slap silly... or at least get into an argument with Mae. :D
    ...share an apartment with Diana. I think she would be a quiet and responsible roomie. I hope.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    now that i decied antibiotics are better on days i work i'm not a zombie during the week anymore. soi'm gonna try and catch up on some reading. i have to start with candy neighborhood talk just so the part were doing now makes sense. i don't know yet if paris is a person or place. i was starting to read simlit again before i needed glasses. still do. so i've seen it used as both.
    one quick question. what are interludes? i never understood the term.
    edited February 2019
    I think the Cambridge dictionary explains it pretty well: Interlude is a period or event that comes between two others and is different from them.
    Storywise it can mean that things are told from a different POV than previously and after the given chapter
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I think the Cambridge dictionary explains it pretty well: Interlude is a period or event that comes between two others and is different from them.

so would that bea extra . like something that took place that not part of the main story? like you have the main story then this extra event happens along side it.

sorry i'm not making sense hats why i only use antibiotics on weekends now. well that and work goes faster. :)

so would that bea extra . like something that took place that not part of the main story? like you have the main story then this extra event happens along side it.

sorry i'm not making sense hats why i only use antibiotics on weekends now. well that and work goes faster. :)
    Yes. Could be a flashback too. I see an interlude as a break or interruption of the flow.
    heffners_orig.jpg

Yes. Could be a flashback too. I see an interlude as a break or interruption of the flow.

yeah it made more sense than i thought. i was at work yesterday so on antibiotics.
    i started neighborhood talk as promised. butwasn't able to comment because google is in ththe process of shutting down not everything but i think i read the blog feture will be, so i can't edit my profile to fix my name or post comments.

right now i can't figure out if linda or alejandro is my favorite.
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @friendsfan367 if you have trouble commenting, you can write your thoughts also in my thread here.
    I apologize, blogger has a bad feature with commenting.
    @friendsfan367 if you have trouble commenting, you can write your thoughts also in my thread here.
    I apologize, blogger has a bad feature with commenting.

thanks. i posted the article because i wasn't sure if your blog would be affected. i'll either comment here or there on your thread.
    finished thefirst section on too the paris chapters
    @Maladi777 nice to see you sticking around these here parts.
    ... go to a party with Ah. This question again. If I had to go to a party I'd pick someone who is not much into partying like myself, so we could not have fun at the party together. Is Linda into partying? She seems like more serious type. So Linda it is.

I didn't even think of Linda. Genius! :smiley:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    i started neighborhood talk as promised. butwasn't able to comment because google is in ththe process of shutting down not everything but i think i read the blog feture will be, so i can't edit my profile to fix my name or post comments.

@friendsfan367 is your Google updating? Mine updated yesterday.
    right now i can't figure out if linda or alejandro is my favorite.
    I don't know why but this made me laugh. They are polar opposite and I love that! :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Shadami we're running a little behind with stories. My bad. Part of it is I was sick for most of last week. Which of your stories are we reading/ discussing next? Or if you need time to catch up, we can push your start date back. We're doing that as is.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hey all, dropping in a new update today. One mystery solved... 99 to go. Just kidding... :D well maybe. :p

1.50 Explanation

Enjoy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Shadami we're running a little behind with stories. My bad. Part of it is I was sick for most of last week. Which of your stories are we reading/ discussing next? Or if you need time to catch up, we can push your start date back. We're doing that as is.

i need to write too last time was valetines day. but before that it was 20 days that i hadn't . but since i'm feeling good today for a change i wanted to at least try and get caught up reading

my google is updated alll the info on why i had problems is in the article i posted.
    Hey all, dropping in a new update today. One mystery solved... 99 to go. Just kidding... :D well maybe. :p

1.50 Explanation

Enjoy!

what?

1.50 Explanation

Enjoy!

what?

I have multiple mysteries going on in my Kass rewrite. One mystery was solved in today's chapter.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest