Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @candycottonchu

I caught up with Neighborhood Talk and with the Paris Retrospective last night. Confession... I should've been sleeping, but I decided to stay up and binge read because... what can I say? Your fiction is addicting! :p

I'll answer your questions under spoiler since others haven't caught up yet:

5) What did you think happened in Paris?
    Diego was offed by some drug overlord...or Suzette? And good riddance! He was so unhealthy for our dear Francesco.

What do you think happened, that separated Mae + Franny?
    At first I thought DIego maybe would've come between them. But now that I'm caught up... if Diego is actually dead... then that's not a possibility. Perhaps the fame or the desire to be in the band with the other guys put a strain on their relationship. Or maybe it was "threesome" they joked about in Neighbourhood Talk. Or perhaps Francesco was trying to protect Mae when his past came back to haunt him or Diego isn't really dead.... dun... dun... dun... so many possibilities.

6) Did your feelings towards the characters change, as the story progressed?
    I understood how Francesco could end up with someone like Rosa. Mae is so innocent and sweet here. I wonder what happened to her, or changed, or how she got her reputation. I suppose she really did "grow up" in Paris.

7) If you finished season 1, what do you think should inevitably happen next? Who else would you like to see to go to Myshuno?

Oh I don't know... all of them. Lol. Maybe Diana could go and meet a sweet new guy.

8) Do you want to see more weddings? :D If yes, whose? LINK!!! Lol... I want to see Mae happy again, and Herbert maybe. I feel so bad for him and Mariella. I just don't know if their marriage can be salvaged.

Now to answer my own questions:
    Friday Faves
    1. Favorite setting? They're all so gorgeous. I love the detail you put into your worldbuilding, @candycottonchu. Probably my favorite is Linda's home, though the botanical gardens are gorgeous too.
    2. Favorite friendship? Mae and Linda's relationship is so sweet. I also really like Diana and Frank's too, now that I know the truth about their connection.
    3. Favorite outfit? Anything Linda wears. It's similar to my own style too, so I suppose I'm biased. If I had to pick, this one...
    19.02.18_20-57-48.png
    She looks so sassy walking away and with class too!
    4. Favorite couple?
    11.03.18_20-09-40.png
    LINK! I'm so biased here! Lol.
    5. Favorite story to follow? Linda's or Mae's, and Frank is interesting also.
    6. Favorite quote?
    Sorry, I had to think about cell analysis
    I <3 her daydreams.

Great first season! Interesting Retrospective. The juicy drama keeps me wanting more. Can't wait to see where you go with this story.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Your type of spoiler, yes!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    For the readers and the writer @candycottonchu

All the World's a Stage Saturday: If you had to do the casting call were selecting real life actors/actresses for the characters in Neighbourhood Talk for a live action movie, who would you cast?

You don't have to answer for all the characters... just pick a few faves!

*edited because my original question was confusing
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I haven't been updating my LASL chapters here, but I thought I would today because this latest chapter featured @friendsfan367's Ali Morrison (and now @LegacySims2017 is part of this circle. His Simselfie is featured prominently as well in the story, though ironically he's not in the most recent chapter).

I'll just leave this here:

sidney portier.

i was answering guess whos coming to dinner.

Ha! Nope! The guest was...
    ...no spoilers here. Move along!
    :p

hey thats something joseph would do and your in trouble if you look like joseph. he he.

i hope he doesn't grimace me i was picking on you not him,
  • Options
    I haven't been updating my LASL chapters here, but I thought I would today because this latest chapter featured @friendsfan367's Ali Morrison (and now @LegacySims2017 is part of this circle. His Simselfie is featured prominently as well in the story, though ironically he's not in the most recent chapter).

I'll just leave this here:

sidney portier.

i was answering guess whos coming to dinner.

Ha! Nope! The guest was...
    ...no spoilers here. Move along!
    :p

That was mean. @friendsfan367 I’ll tell you...
    It’s someone already in her story. :grimace:

Well I didn't mean to be mean... I was teasing.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt to both of you. lol. i'm off today remember.

oh i forgot i'm off and legacy is not. he he. sorry but you picked on me first.
  • Options
    i think elsa and ayden have communication problem with me. i told ayden to do his homework. elsa though that meant lets get naked. so he listened to her not me.
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @candycottonchu First let me apologize for being late with these answers. Life got hectic this week again. Second OMG I love the birthday serenade from Franco and Alejandro. That was so sweet and I absolutely loved it!

1) Any first impressions you'd like to share?

I love this story because the ensemble cast of characters each have their own stories and we get to know all of them and their own unique personalities. The way the story is set up it reminds me of a daytime drama and I'm brave enough to admit I'm a fan of. I love the fact that we really get to hear the story from the viewpoints of many different characters which gives us more of a clear picture on each and every one of them.

2) Any favourite screenshots?

16.07.17_14-41-34.png

You were able to make that look like it was snowing way before Seasons was even announced.

19.02.18_20-57-48.png

I loved when Linda walked away from Brian. Best decision she ever made, this is not the 50's. If you remember I didn't trust Brian so I was overjoyed when this engagement was called off fast.

11.03.18_00-18-41.png

Much better!

09.03.18_20-20-17.png

A long way down Alejandro, just be glad the Landgrabb's didn't live in a penthouse apartment!

3) Do you have favourite characters? Or unfavourites? xD Don't worry, I give you permission to trash talk any of them ;)

Well even though you gave us permission I won't trash talk Rosa or Rita anymore. I think I have done that ad nauseam. Lets just focus on favorite characters for the moment. Diana is a strong woman who has handled more than any other woman her age should have, Frank is lovable and seems like he would be an extremely good friend to have on your side, I love all the Deep Rift guys as they are nice to look at and even the man w***e has worked his way on my favorite list as he makes me laugh.

4) Any scenes / quotes / screenshots that made you laugh? Or maybe even angry?

Alejandro on the Landgrabb's terrace knowing he had to jump made me laugh and I loved the scene when Frank walked Linda home. Another time I cheered was when Franco left a person I promised not to mention earlier. He needed to leave that destructive marriage.

• Options
    @candycottonchu Just found these additional questions:

5) What did you think happened in Paris?

To be honest I am not sure what happened to Franco and Mae in Paris. Believe it or not I have no theories because of the last lines of this chapter Whatever happened made Franco totally angry enough to curse Mae (I loved Alejandro's response to that LOL!) but I seriously cannot imagine what would have made him feel this way. As the Paris story goes on I still can't figure it out. My best assumption is some kind of misunderstanding happened somewhere along the line.

6) Did your feelings towards the characters change, as the story progressed?

Yes I hated Alejandro at first but now he is in the Love to hate category and probably will stay there. I didn't hate Rita at first I thought she was misguided and not very smart but that changed when we found out she knew a lot more than she said.

7) If you finished season 1, what do you think should inevitably happen next? Who else would you like to see to go to Myshuno?

I want a better life for Diana, Linda and Frank to become a couple, and hopefully not too messy of what is sure to be a messy divorce for Franco.

8) Do you want to see more weddings? :D If yes, whose?

As I was reviewing pictures I do have to say you have had throw the most beautiful weddings. The venues are so elegant and romantic. It really would be great to more of them but I really have to ship the couple to be excited about the wedding and right now I am only shipping one couple, Linda and Frank.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Haha! I'm glad I got you hooked :D I hope you enjoyed the late night read!
    To your replies:
    5) So many theories! and omg, that threesome! I almost forgot! That'd be a funny reason to break up! :D:D:D

6) Mae is only barely 18 in Paris. And it's her first time living all alone. A lot of things had happened in Paris, but I'm still writing this xD

7) Interesting! For now, Diana is rooted in the Springs, though. But there will be more people in Myshuno, than just Deep Rift and Mae!

8) Oh gosh, I think you're the first one that doesn't scorn Mae for her awful leaving Herbert xD She has to clean up her mess first, before she can find happiness, though. You're absolutely right about Mariella. While Herbert might be not completely innocent on the fall out of the marriage, Mariella is a victim here, though.

Friday Faves:
    Thank you for your compliments! And it's nice to see someone that can relate to Linda so much <3

@Piazzagirl1015 please do not excuse yourself. I really hope everything got better, and nothing bad happened to you or your family. I'm glad you liked the boys singing for you! :D

1) I'm glad you didn't get confused with all the POV's, but rather enjoy it! I hope Paris makes up with more drama for the loss of characters, though xD

2) -Haaaa! I was googling forever to find a mod that makes it snow or rain in the game! When I found one, I was overjoyed! Sadly the snow was more a sparkle, and only a bit over the ground... but with the right angle, I'm glad I could still make it work somehow.
    I'm happy this one screenshot is so appreciated! <3
    -Your distrust for Brian from the start still makes me smile! I have the impression your experience with daily TV dramas makes it hard for me to surprise you!
    -That one screenshot with Link was a lucky one! They always look so sweet when they look at each other!
    -This one was also before City living came out! xD And yes, he is lucky!

3) I loved your Rosa and Rita rants! <3 I was honestly surprised someone would scorn Rita for her (unintentional) neglection.

4) Love your replies!

5) You never forget anything! I'm still surprised. Yes, here is really mad at Mae. She doesn't pick up the phone, when he calls. You'll see what happened, as it will be explained at the end of the Paris storyline! (Which still has a lot of story, more than I had planned at first, sorry!)

6) Don't worry, Alejandro will stay! He'll still cause trouble! (he's not the only one, don't worry...)

7) We'll see what's gonna happen about the things you want! c:

8) Thank you so much! They are really a pain to shoot, and I'm glad it is appreciated. I tried to give every couple the wedding venue I found the most fitting for them. (Well, Franco's was a little half-hearted, I admit. Most of the screenshots were made before I really started writing, and Idk if I mentioned it before, I didn't plan to make him a main character at first. But then he startet talking....)
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231

Friday questions:

How did you decide which characters to follow?
    It's just a feeling. I have a story, and just tell it. I pick the POV that I find the most fitting, or whose feelings I want to show most in that specific scene. I also try to keep parallel storylines in the same time frame.
    Did you create all your main characters? What inspired you?
    Linda and Mae were the first sims I made in sims 4, and just started playing them. Then I added Alejandro + family, and later the rest of Deep Rift, and eventually Herbert + Mariella. Diana was first a townie that Al knocked up, and I liked her so I started to play her too. Oh, and I made Frank and Leroy, the base was from the gallery, though. The rest of the cast is made over premades, I think.
    The whole thing started as a game play, and the inspiration to write came much later. There's a lot of difference in the game I played back then, and what I have written by now, too xD
    The characters from Paris were either donated by friends, or I just made them bc I needed them from my story. And it will be the same for season 2. New characters will be made, when I need them.
    What made you pick the timeline?
    Actually, totally random! When I played (I always did with aging off), I noticed that I had some households on 2nd generation teens, while the parent's friends still were too young, when I decided I wanted to do some sort of chronic. So I made a few calculations and ended up in the 80's, as I wanted the 2nd generation to play in the present. But since I didn't find much time fitting cc for the story, I changed it recently to the 90's. That's all. xD

Saturday question:

I'm not really sure I get the question?
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231

Saturday question:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

If you were to pick real life actors/actresses to play the characters of Neighbourhood Talk, who would you cast?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231

Saturday question:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

If you were to pick real life actors/actresses to play the characters of Neighbourhood Talk, who would you cast?

OH! Thanks for clarifying! xD
    I actually did that once... I admit. Please ignore the terrible gimp-editing. That program is horrible!
    banner-blah.jpg
    Can you guess who's who? xD Al and Franco are quite hard to find, though. I might chose someone else now. Can you find better?

@AdamsEve1231 @LegacySims2017 @Piazzagirl1015 @Maladi777 @Shadami @Karilan
    Did you ever chose real life actors for your stories? I'm really curious! Please post your pics!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2018
    @AdamsEve1231

Saturday question:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

OH! Thanks for clarifying! xD
    I actually did that once... I admit. Please ignore the terrible gimp-editing. That program is horrible!
    banner-blah.jpg
    Can you guess who's who? xD Al and Franco are quite hard to find, though. I might chose someone else now. Can you find better?

Did you ever chose real life actors for your stories? I'm really curious! Please post your pics!

Reading more today, and then I'll answer the questions here!

@candycottonchu I've never really thought about actors who would play my characters except for one. I actually based the main character of Pine Point, Miranda Cole, after the actress used in a music video. The song itself is hauntingly beautiful and important to the story, and the actress is exactly who I pictured for the role.
    Post edited by Karilan on
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Friday Faves

1. Favorite setting? This is so difficult as I love your wedding venues and I notice you do gardens so well but I love Mae's cozy apartment in Paris with the shower in the kitchen.

2. Favorite friendship? The closest friendship seems to be Linda and Mae

3. Favorite outfit? Not sure if I have a favorite but I love the way that Linda dresses best

4. Favorite couple? Frank and Linda

5. Favorite story to follow? Franco and Rosa's divorce is going to be very dramatic and considering the many ways you can go with that I'm looking forward to reading that.

6. Favorite quote? There is a plum word in my favorite quote from here. Alejandro's last line in this chapter

All the World's a Stage Saturday: If you had to do the casting call were selecting real life actors/actresses for the characters in Neighbourhood Talk for a live action movie, who would you cast?

This one needs more thought but one question could it be an actor from any point of their career? For example (and I don't have this actor in mind for anyone) A young Meryl Streep?

No, I haven't but I named Wolfie after Wolfie Van Halen which is why he has a son named Eddie and a daughter named Valerie, and I did use actors as models when creating three characters. Probably not the best likeness as I'm not really good at that but I tried.

Dylan:

8o8bu.jpgMV5BMTU4NjQxMTA4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTY0NjIz._V1_UY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Johnny:

vbn5.jpglatest?cb=20150212215503

and Caleb:

lpzae.jpg260?cb=20170731030219
  • Options
    1. Favorite setting?
    Probably Linda's house and garden!
    Mae's wedding is a close second though! It was goooorgeous!

2. Favorite friendship?
    Linda & Delilah. I feel like something their conversations could encourage jealousy, but they are such good friends that it doesn't!

3. Favorite outfit?
    This dress, omg! Compete's with Brian's dreaminess.
    04.11.17_16-45-20.png

4. Favorite couple?
    Mae and Herbert so far <3 Mae is so good with Mariella. They seem like such a natural family.

5. Favorite story to follow?
    Diana is still my fav story to follow, even if she is not exactly my favorite person. I'm just very interested to see the drama that unfolds in her life.

6. Favorite quote?
    "Yeah sure..", he called after her. "He'll just knock you up and you'll never see him again!"
    Ummmmm not all men are like you, Alejandro!!

D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    i got bored cause my mods weren't working for a good part of the afternoon.

so i made a new sim hes a total show off . he can do yoga poses i can't and he cleans up after himself so mom would love him. the one weird thing is hes a serial romantic and has yet to go on one date. oh and he joined that club jade whats her name is in but when he found out what it was he was shocked.

so in other words not one of my normal sims. i have no idea when i'll have glasses.
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231

Saturday question:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

@candycottonchu
    Okay I'm going to give this a try! I'm using your character sheet photos for comparison, but could only thing of a few of the girls.

Linda West / Bryce Dallas Howard
    05.11.17_19-31-57.pngBryce%20Dallas%20Howard%2003.jpg?m=1293026160

Mae West / Karen Gillian
    05.11.17_19-34-27.pngKaren-Gillian-Jumanji-Interview.jpg

Diana Foster / Ginnfer Goodwin
    05.11.17_21-28-13.pngGinnifer+Goodwin+Premiere+Spider+Man+3+2007+DJE765PzeCil.jpg

Mariella Schnautz / Jodelle Ferland
    05.11.17_23-15-14.pngMV5BMjAyMTAzNzI2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDgwMjAzMQ@@._V1_.jpg
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Karilan OMG Snow White as Diana. (Forever a Once Upon a Time fan here) That one is perfectly cast.

I'm still thinking on this one, its pretty tough to come up with a list but its also fun.
  • Options
    All caught up now! I haven't ready Paris yet. Since it looks like a prequel, is it completely wrapped up or are you still writing it?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    @Karilan i'm still on it. But some things have happened already c:
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Karilan I love your choices for Linda and Mariella!

Now to answer some questions...

Friday Faves

1. Favorite setting?
    I mentioned before, the bar in Paris Franny performed in is my top fav.

2. Favorite friendship?
    Linda & Frank :p I know everyone ships them, but I'm liking their friendship. Maybe they shouldn't ruin it?
    I also like Al & Franco friendship. It's different and I love it.

3. Favorite outfit?
    I really can't pick. Anything Linda and Mae wear I like.

4. Favorite couple?
    Francesco and Diana? :p I know, I know. Not gonna happen, but I still secretly ship them. I just thought of how Al and Mae would work together. Both are somewhat irresponsible, could be fun. Any comments on that, @candycottonchu ?
    Two major couples are now divorced. Who should I pick then? Even though Al and Rita didn't work, it was interesting to watch the household. Maybe I should say my favourite couple is Al and Nancy Landgraab, for the giggles?

5. Favorite story to follow?
    The band's path to fame. Diana finding happiness. But I feel like I'm being unfair to other stories I like by naming only two.

6. Favorite quote?
    Al's, the one @Piazzagirl1015 mentioned at the end of this chapter. :D

I'm really not good at this. I couldn't work in movie casting let me tell you. I also noticed how different is everyone's perception of faces. I'm sure it must have happened to each of you - a friend points to a person a says, "Doesn't she remind you of our mutual friend/actor/insert any option?" You look at the person and you think No. Not one bit.
    Anyway, I tried to google a bit and found this picture. I can't put a name to that face, sorry, but she probably looks as close to my perception of Mae as possible.
    redhead.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Okay cool, I will get to it then!

One thing I really love about your story is that all the characters tend to have their own style. It felt like their outfits were quite important to the story.

How did you decide on their personal styles?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    you want to hear something weird. welll its the internet so i don't know how you all answered that.

mom said to the eye dr. guy to show me what my life would be like with glasses .to show me what my world would be like if i had glasses. it was better.

but now i see that i have trouble not only reding here but books and the numbers on the stamp at work that we use to check people in and the numbers on thearm half the time the customers find it before me.

sorry for whining again. i love the chracters in candys story but without glasses its harder to read.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited October 2018

Here. I lined them up as they are in my banner. Not 100% content with the choices, but that's the best I could come up with. Some of the actors aren't among us anymore, unfortunately.
    cast.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi