Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with prices when using "Recommend Dish"

Before I go into detail, yes I use mods and CC, yes I have removed all of them and tested this in a vanilla game. Ok, so when I recommend dish to patrons some of the items are at cost and others are what they will pay for them. For instance, Lobster Thermidor which costs me 4 dollars to make and is skill level 5 is listed as costing that much for the guest. On the other hand, blackened bass which is skill level 4 costs the guest 109. It seems to be only the base game items that this is affecting and it wasn't doing it in the beginning. I have repaired already so. Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this also? I removed mods, one by one, and then all of my CC until nothing was left and still had the same problem. I know when I choose my menu Lobster Thermidor costs more than that. My restaurant is set to 300% markup and I use the best ingredients, 25%. When I edit the menu it shows the correct prices but when I recommend it doesn't.

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I'll test that
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Thank you! I've taken screenshots of both the edit menu screen and the recommend screen if it will help you at all. Let me know if you need anymore info.
  • Options
    Could you add those to your post ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    @Andiratyme I can't duplicate this.

For me it costs §40 for the Lobster Thermidor when I put it on the menu and when I order/recommend it, it costs §160 with a 300% markup. Sounds about right to me.

Pictures would be good in case I understand your issue wrong.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Sorry, I work nights and i just got up. Could you tell me how to post pictures because it seems they changed it and I can't figure it out. Sorry. That's exactly the issue, 40 on the menu and 4 dollars for the customers when I recommend it. Can't seem to find a way to fix it. It wasn't like this in the beginning either. It worked fine. It have happened after I bought a 2nd restaurant, that I ended up selling almost right away. I'm going to try selling it and rebuying it and see if that fixes it.
  • Options
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Sims%204%20menu_zpstd4l3x0h.jpg
    sims%204%20recommend_zpsle18fvq0.jpg

Let's see if that works. Selling it and buying it again did not fix the problem.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    A steak for a $113 simoleons! For that price, that steak better be the best in the world! :D
  • Options
    It is. Five stars, best ingredients, the steak is more than the lobster, which isn't right.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    It is. Five stars, best ingredients, the steak is more than the lobster, which isn't right.
    I agree! Because the last time that I had check, the lobster diner cost more than a T-bone steak diner in my game.

• Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Yeah, with a 300% markup the Lobster Thermidor should cost $160 simoleons, with Lobster Tortellini right beneath it. In my game, I do not have this problem when recommending dishes - hope you figure it out!
  • Options
    Did you try a fresh user folder yet ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Not yet. I had to head to work and just got home now.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Problem does not exist after resetting so I'm in the process of putting everything back to figure out what caused it and if I can get around it. Thank you! I should have checked that but hadn't gotten that far yet. I know I removed the mods and checked without them, but it seems to be tied to No Collectible Ingredients required for Cooking, Baking, Gourmet Cooking, Serums or Herbalism. Removed that and all is well. So sorry but thanks for your help!
    Post edited by Andiratyme on
  • Options
    Hope you can figure out what the culprit was.
    AHQ Tutorial