Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims getting fat!

Ok so since Dine out was released I have played ALOT. My sims own 3 restaurants and I've noticed all my sims diners are getting fat. This is a bad problem. Bella and Mortimer Goth are at MAX weight. They visit my sims restaurants every time I open them and visit NPC restaurants when I'm on them lots. They eat all the time. Is anyone else noticing this with Sims? I think I'm going to have to arrange a fitness group and force the diners to exercise when the restaurant is closed. :neutral:

Comments

• azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    Wow.. 3 restaurants!! You're ambitious.. One of my households, a guy got invited to the Knights club.. so I figured, I'd invite them to a gathering at the restaurant thinking they would order.. They didn't.. but.. I did put chess tables and they were able to successfully have a club gathering and he didn't have to go anywhere to do it.. perhaps your gym club is a good idea.. Invite them until they are fit..
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    This is really funny. And I hope this is a feature.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    They really love your restaurant by the sound of this.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    If you play a gym lot in between, sims should get in shape. ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    I made a thread asking about townies weight and a mod said this. You say you've played a lot (alot is not a word!), do you know how many sim weeks it took for your Bella to be at "max weight"?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I was afraid this would happen. Hope this gets tuned in the next patch.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Make a Fat Fighters club and add any tubby sims to it. You can have them meet at any gym as standard so they work out whenever on a gym lot. Make one of your restaurants into a health food/salad bar place with an attached gym/yoga studio/boxing club. When you work at that restaurant, call a Fat Fighters meeting and watch the tubby sims work out while you do all your restaurant duties.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Nice idea, EmmaVane!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Make the menu containing just salads and water and for dessert- diet ice cream, hopefully that will change some weight problems. Too many glorious foods to eat!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    azsimmer1 wrote: »
    Wow.. 3 restaurants!! You're ambitious.. One of my households, a guy got invited to the Knights club.. so I figured, I'd invite them to a gathering at the restaurant thinking they would order.. They didn't.. but.. I did put chess tables and they were able to successfully have a club gathering and he didn't have to go anywhere to do it.. perhaps your gym club is a good idea.. Invite them until they are fit..

Clubs follow their club rules. If one of them isn't to cook or eat, they won't.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sims should get fat if they are at the restaurant everyday. I hope they tune it so other Sims are showing up and not the same Sims over and over.
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies. My sims tested 3 restaurants to make sure the dine out pack was working to expectations. I have 2 health food bars now and the Sims still are getting fat. I've played about 4-5 Sim weeks running restaurants I think. (hard to keep track in Sims 4) I've tried getting them to join a fat fighters club, but it seems to take ages to get them to lose weight. Especially when Bella and Mortimer Goth always show up at restaurants. I've tried making more neighbourhood Sims to see if they visit instead but no luck. I still see Bella and Mortimer every shift wanting to eat 2 course meal. I don't use Mods or CC so its nothing to do with that.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    How long do they sit eating for each meal - in-game hours?

From the point NPC Sims start eating, how long before they finished - based on the in-game clock?

Are they taking many, many hours to eat a meal?
    It takes about 30 Sim minutes for the host to get the 1st customers seated. It takes about 2 hours altogether for Sims to get the meal and eat. Sometime more depending on how many courses they want. I get a lot of Sims wanting 2 courses. That takes around 4 sim hours. Critics are the fastest diners for me.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Ok so since Dine out was released I have played ALOT. My sims own 3 restaurants and I've noticed all my sims diners are getting fat. This is a bad problem. Bella and Mortimer Goth are at MAX weight. They visit my sims restaurants every time I open them and visit NPC restaurants when I'm on them lots. They eat all the time. Is anyone else noticing this with Sims? I think I'm going to have to arrange a fitness group and force the diners to exercise when the restaurant is closed. :neutral:

Yes I have noticed that as well, I made 3 restaurant's and 1 bakery, though My Bakery won't act like one cause the owner lives there, I made M&M's Bistro, Ruby Tuesday, & Mama Mia's Italiano, the bakery is unfurnished in case I ever want to change it, that one was called Lady Chef's Baked Good's, I was not going to buy Dine Out, but then I decided I wanted to make at least those places for My sim's to go, I am planning on making a Sea Food Sushi Bar as well, or at least I hope to, :) , 3 of the 4 is named after Chars I made for them, in case anyone wishes to see them, same name in Gallery as in forum's.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited June 2016
    Awww... you not got any pics to share? I would love to see Bella and Morty at max weight!
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Awww... you not got any pics to share? I would love to see Bella and Morty at max weight!
    Not Bella - please no - not my little, peachy bum, princess.
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    maybe they are just destined to be on the larger side
    My origin id is sim2011
    @elanorbreton I will upload some screenshots later when I get chance to get on the game. I like seeing Sims gain weight. At least I know The Goth family likes my Sims Restaurants :smile: