Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long to eat? Is this Dine Out or Die Out?

I've watched a couple of YouTube videos that indicate that eating is taking ridiculous amounts of time.

I watched one video whereby the Sims took 11 (ELEVEN) hours to eat what appeared to be a 3 course meal.

I watched another that showed a starter meal (appetiser?) take 3 hours.

I looked at the on-screen clocks and watch those suckers rack up the hours.

Time is short in TS4 without something like NRAAS Relativity to soften the constant body-blows.

What's the opinion on the eating times?

11 hours seems a tad excessive to me - my Sim can save time and save me money by reaching for a bowl of cereal from the fridge.

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I LOL'd at your thread title, so funny.

It does seem to take an excessively long time if you want more than one course. I guess it depends how quickly your sims can get served...

For a main course and drink my sims have averaged out at around 3 hours. I've only ever tried ordering a main with drink and then dessert one time and my sims were still waiting for it 6 hours later (that was after 4 hours for their main, so 10 hours in all). I gave up waiting and sent them home so I have no idea how long it would have actually taken to get it.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I LOL'd at your thread title, so funny.

It does seem to take an excessively long time if you want more than one course. I guess it depends how quickly your sims can get served...

For a main course and drink my sims have averaged out at around 3 hours. I've only ever tried ordering a main with drink and then dessert one time and my sims were still waiting for it 6 hours later (that was after 4 hours for their main, so 10 hours in all). I gave up waiting and sent them home so I have no idea how long it would have actually taken to get it.
    ^ Witness statement taken for the record.

Confirmed - Dine Out is a time killer - a murderer of a Sim's precious hours.

and it was premeditated.

I might get my Sims to throw a barbecue party - just so they can eat with friends and do lots of useful stuff - at the same time - in less time.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Yes! This is happening to me. I just made a thread about it! It's annoying.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Yes! This is happening to me. I just made a thread about it! It's annoying.
    I shall leave no Simmer to walk alone along the patch of disappointment.
    *Group hug*
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    This topic name is excellent!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I've encountered this issue too. The only way I've been able to minimize it is to only use simple layouts and not have too many tables. Bigger restaurants with multiple floors are essentially impossible for me to have.
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes, this is the first thing I noticed and have found to be most annoying. I have posted about it in the "Bugs/Glitches" thread too. There is no way a simple 3-course meal should take 10-12 hours. I can't figure out why the programmers of this game keep making these kind of ridiculous coding errors. I can only assume it is sheer laziness in program coding and not even trying to make this GP an actual life simulator experience.

I have resorted to cancelling out a lot of my dining sims' conversations just to get them to finish a course faster so they can then order the next course. Our sims should only be spending 4-6 hours maximum in any of their dining experiences. Perhaps we should all include an upstairs area with multiple beds so our sims can nap during their marathon dining out events. ;P
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T