Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @rednenemon *hugs* I remember those days, before I got to the point where I couldn't work at all anymore. I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be having your mother acting that way in addition to everything else. Like @sweetnightingale said, I wish I had some sage advice but I don't.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @rednenemon You're safe to vent here. I wish I had some great pearls of wisdom, but I'm going to think about it for a little bit and get back to you. In the meantime, *hugs.*
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2016
    @rednenemon People have already given you some good advice, and I don't really have anything to add. I'm glad you could at least vent here and I hope it helped at least a little. Hugs and strength for you.
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @TheoriesOfHappiness @CatherynBlue @sweetnightingale @Rainydayz179 @AdamsEve1231 @RipuAncestor

Thank you all for the support and advice. :)

Today was another difficult day, but right now I'm able to relax for a little while.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @TheoriesOfHappiness @CatherynBlue @sweetnightingale @Rainydayz179 @AdamsEve1231 @RipuAncestor

Thank you all for the support and advice. :)

Today was another difficult day, but right now I'm able to relax for a little while.

hugs.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @rednenemon - I'm glad you were able to relax some today. All you can do is take it one day at a time. Some days will be better than others. *hugs* Hang in there.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Darra84Darra84 Posts: 144 Member
    @mastressalita @CathyTea @sweetnightingale @rednenemon Thank you all so much for your support! You all are amazing and I'm so happy that I met you all and many other wonderful people <3 Thank you all so much! I got some advice what I could do to fix some of these issues on my channel, so I'm staying, because I love to create videos and it's so much fun for me :) I hope these advice will work :)
    My blog: https://simsstoriesmyblog.wordpress.com/
    My YouTube channel: Daalia
    My twitter: Daalia_Simmer
  • Options
    Darra84Darra84 Posts: 144 Member
    @rednenemon I'm so sorry to hear about your problems... I'm sending you a big, big hugs and I hope your situation will get better. I know that it's very hard to go trough this <3 *hugs*
    My blog: https://simsstoriesmyblog.wordpress.com/
    My YouTube channel: Daalia
    My twitter: Daalia_Simmer
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Why does my dad have to have a cow about the fact if lunch isn't provided for New Leaf people we have to buy lunch or bring lunch with us on trips (which the former cost money)?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @Darra84 - You're so welcome. :) I'm so glad you found some workable solutions that will allow you to continue making videos. I know how it is to love it so much. If my game, blogs, or Youtube Channel went down, I'd be in floods of tears.

@MadameLee - So sorry your dad is giving you such a hard time. Parents can be so weird about the oddest things. Mine certainly were, and I'm sure my daughter says the same thing about my husband and me. It goes full circle. LOL! Hopefully, things will get better and the lunch situation won't be so stressful.
  • Options
    @Darra84 - You're so welcome. :) I'm so glad you found some workable solutions that will allow you to continue making videos. I know how it is to love it so much. If my game, blogs, or Youtube Channel went down, I'd be in floods of tears.

@MadameLee - So sorry your dad is giving you such a hard time. Parents can be so weird about the oddest things. Mine certainly were, and I'm sure my daughter says the same thing about my husband and me. It goes full circle. LOL! Hopefully, things will get better and the lunch situation won't be so stressful.

lunch didn't cost anything today..it just I mention that the end of next month I'm going on a zoo trip, and we were told to either a)bring our own lunch or b)buy something at the zoo. And dad was like.. "You should take a lunch with you, its less expensive"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee - Ah yes! Lunch at places like that (zoo, amusement park, etc) is VERY expensive. Your dad has that right. Bringing lunch is okay but it's not the cool thing to do if everyone else is buying lunch there. Plus, you have to worry about carrying it around with you and to not bring something that'll spoil.

My daughter went to Great America (a spin-off of Six Flags) for her 8th grade class trip and couldn't believe how expensive food was there. We gave her plenty of money to take but she said she had a hard time justifying paying so much for a burger and fries.

Anyway, it's totally nuts how expensive things are at places like that.
  • Options
    @MadameLee - Ah yes! Lunch at places like that (zoo, amusement park, etc) is VERY expensive. Your dad has that right. Bringing lunch is okay but it's not the cool thing to do if everyone else is buying lunch there. Plus, you have to worry about carrying it around with you and to not bring something that'll spoil.

My daughter went to Great America (a spin-off of Six Flags) for her 8th grade class trip and couldn't believe how expensive food was there. We gave her plenty of money to take but she said she had a hard time justifying paying so much for a burger and fries.

Anyway, it's totally nuts how expensive things are at places like that.

Makes me think of the Museum trip I took in February. Back then I was during another program on Thursdays. For weeks before the trip on Mondays the group leaders had been saying that "something will be done about lunch" but the day of the trip (a Monday) I show up and they said "You will have to buy a lunch or bring your own" and one of them claimed they had said that from the beginning (and with my memory I would know) I ended up buying a lunch at the museum's cafeteria. But when I talked to other people they said that they only told them that on either Wednesday or Thursdays (days I wasn't there).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee - Sounds like a confused mess. It sounds similar to a Lions Club do we had some years back. This guy was supposed to have coffee and stuff for us in the morning and lunch was supposed to be delivered around noon. The hubby and I scrambled to get things set up before everyone got there because nothing was done. About a week later, the guy called me and asked where everyone was at. He was at the place getting coffee done. I said the thing was last week and that he got his dates crossed. Ouch for everyone. Stuff happens, I suppose, but it can be frustrating when miscommunication happens.
  • Options
    @MadameLee - Sounds like a confused mess. It sounds similar to a Lions Club do we had some years back. This guy was supposed to have coffee and stuff for us in the morning and lunch was supposed to be delivered around noon. The hubby and I scrambled to get things set up before everyone got there because nothing was done. About a week later, the guy called me and asked where everyone was at. He was at the place getting coffee done. I said the thing was last week and that he got his dates crossed. Ouch for everyone. Stuff happens, I suppose, but it can be frustrating when miscommunication happens.

what's even weirder is that the Museum Trip like the (Ripley's Aqurimena, the Zoo trip, and the baseball game) trips before had both (my group) and (other group) and the other 3 times the (other group) would provide food for both groups. Its only with the museum trip they haven't
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee - Hmmm, that is strange, actually. I suppose when it comes to these things, you can't assume. Sounds like the soccer team my daughter was on at school. The girls hardly got anything - not even bottled water or anything to have during breaks in between playing. When other teams would come, they had all kinds of stuff they brought with them and even shared it with our girls since the powers that be here didn't see fit do anything for the girls. I could go on about how girls' sports get zilch compared to the boys. LOL! Just goes to show that not all trips (or sports) are created equal.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

nvm found the item
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    So.. I'm excited about the new story i've been thinking about, but i'm not sure if I can even make it coherent because in game it moved SO quickly.

I'm not sure if it will work out, so i'm frowny.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    So.. I'm excited about the new story i've been thinking about, but i'm not sure if I can even make it coherent because in game it moved SO quickly.

if you play with aging off you have better time control. i wonder if that makes sense.
  • Options
    moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member

if you play with aging off you have better time control. i wonder if that makes sense.

It does, but I never thought of it and now i'm a biiig chunk in.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Ooh! I bet you can do it! Sometimes what I do when this happens (and in my new TS3 game, it's happening A LOT!) is just select the screenshots, place them in a draft post with no words, then look at them for a while, as I let my imagination spin up a story around that. It's pretty fun!

You're such a good writer that once you figure out the story you want to tell, you'll be able to make it really coherent!

Remember that you can control the pace of your story--so even when it happens fast in game, you can slow down the events (if you wish) as you tell the story. The opposite also holds true when our game moves at a snail's pace, and we want our stories to zip along more quickly!

:)

Have fun, and I'm excited to read it!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

It does, but I never thought of it and now i'm a biiig chunk in.

If you really need to...make a separate save for filler content and add it in as you go.

From what you showed me this morning, I did notice the pace in game seemed really quick...but it was still coherent and enjoyable.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Hi, everyone. Was wondering if there was room on the bench?
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi, everyone. Was wondering if there was room on the bench?

The bench is always open, and always has room! *hugs, Rory!* :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Hi! Hugs. :) Having a Plot line problem.