We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hello again! i'm still getting into SimLit and trying to figure out what works best for me. I've started using tumblr, but I'm not too happy with how small the screenshots appear there. Does anyone have a different preference for posting sims stories where images show up decently sized? I have a wordpress too and it's a bit better, but I still feel like the images are just a tad too small.

I really love Wordpress! The size of the images depend on two things: 1) how large you have them (I tend to resize mine to 660 px wide by 402 px high) and 2) the particular theme you use. Different themes size images in different ways. So just experiment around until you find a theme that presents them at the size you like!

Oooh, thank you! I use the free Wordpress, so the themes seem a bit limited. But I don't think I've ever bothered to resize the images before uploading them, so I'll play with that a bit! Do you use an image host to post screenshots? I know Wordpress has a storage limit, and I'm nowhere near hitting that, but it's been on my mind

I've got free Wordpress, too. I think there are lots of themes! :) Like hundreds. And lots of variety, too.

I host all my images at WordPress. What I do (kinda sneaky) is I have lots of WordPress sites--I've got about 12 or so! Some are for stories with no or few pictures, and some are ones I don't update often or just have one story on them. So for the ones that don't use a lot of pictures, I just upload my pictures there! Then, I place them into a dummy draft post, grab the HTML code, and paste it into my main blog (which has nearly 40 stories, and used up the media storage about two years ago!). It's been working super well.

I also saw that Wordpress and Google image-storage (whatever that's called) have a partnership! So once my storage-blog runs out of space, I'll consider that!

I actually have a couple of blogs too, but most are from early attempts to blog about Sims that I never finished. or lost the save files for lol. But that is such a good idea for saving image space! I'm going to keep that in mind if I ever get to a point where it becomes a problem!
    I've been posting images and story commentary on a tumblr blog, but I've been considering moving it all to Wordpress instead. I'm just not sure how I would format it, since Tumblr is a very different format and the way it's all written so far doesn't make sense to have chapters with specific links. I'm sure I could make it work though, if I decide to do that!

That's also really good to know about Google, :open_mouth: And I'll have to browse through more of the wordpress themes. I have one or two that I'm fond of so I don't like branching out xD It took me forever to even learn how to customize it all
    Hello again! i'm still getting into SimLit and trying to figure out what works best for me. I've started using tumblr, but I'm not too happy with how small the screenshots appear there. Does anyone have a different preference for posting sims stories where images show up decently sized? I have a wordpress too and it's a bit better, but I still feel like the images are just a tad too small.

I really love Wordpress! The size of the images depend on two things: 1) how large you have them (I tend to resize mine to 660 px wide by 402 px high) and 2) the particular theme you use. Different themes size images in different ways. So just experiment around until you find a theme that presents them at the size you like!

Oooh, thank you! I use the free Wordpress, so the themes seem a bit limited. But I don't think I've ever bothered to resize the images before uploading them, so I'll play with that a bit! Do you use an image host to post screenshots? I know Wordpress has a storage limit, and I'm nowhere near hitting that, but it's been on my mind

I've got free Wordpress, too. I think there are lots of themes! :) Like hundreds. And lots of variety, too.

I host all my images at WordPress. What I do (kinda sneaky) is I have lots of WordPress sites--I've got about 12 or so! Some are for stories with no or few pictures, and some are ones I don't update often or just have one story on them. So for the ones that don't use a lot of pictures, I just upload my pictures there! Then, I place them into a dummy draft post, grab the HTML code, and paste it into my main blog (which has nearly 40 stories, and used up the media storage about two years ago!). It's been working super well.

I also saw that Wordpress and Google image-storage (whatever that's called) have a partnership! So once my storage-blog runs out of space, I'll consider that!

I decided to switch to Wordpress. It'll take a while to shift everything from tumblr, but I did find a theme I like and it's much more satisfying!
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    The feeling when you are trying to take pictures for your story in a party but then your other story's characters decide to show up just at the time you're screenshotting and walk up fairly close to cheer on your simself's terrible dancing. And they're supposed to have no access to Windenburg whatsoever.
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    The feeling when you are trying to take pictures for your story in a party but then your other story's characters decide to show up just at the time you're screenshotting and walk up fairly close to cheer on your simself's terrible dancing. And they're supposed to have no access to Windenburg whatsoever.

I was having the worst time earlier just trying to get two Sims to stay sitting together at a table long enough to get the screenshots I needed x__x
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

I was having the worst time earlier just trying to get two Sims to stay sitting together at a table long enough to get the screenshots I needed x__x

you get them to sit then hit pause.

you get them to sit then hit pause.

Well, I was trying to use different expression poses and I had to hit play to transition between them. And every time I did one of the Sims would immediately get up. He wasn't part of the played household, so I had a little less control on him.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member
    @flutegirl_132: do you have autonomy on or not? My sims to tend to stay seated without autonomy on...it's keeping them standing that is difficult (hint: spam the ground near them with "chat here" commands)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

I had a similar issue except in my case every sim in the place kept trying to join the conversation :tongue: I ended up going on a deleting spree where every random townie that tried to interfere got erased from existence >:)
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Worst is when I have 3 people sitting at a picnic table. For whatever reason they have to play musical chairs and give me wildly inconsistent screenshots!

I had a similar issue except in my case every sim in the place kept trying to join the conversation :tongue: I ended up going on a deleting spree where every random townie that tried to interfere got erased from existence >:)

:D:D:D How?! Townies kept interrupting a wedding and I'm screaming at my monitor "YOU WEREN'T INVITED"
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Karilan wrote: »

Worst is when I have 3 people sitting at a picnic table. For whatever reason they have to play musical chairs and give me wildly inconsistent screenshots!

:D:D:D How?! Townies kept interrupting a wedding and I'm screaming at my monitor "YOU WEREN'T INVITED"

@Karilan Deaderpool's MCC mod has a delete option.

Ah darn. I'm scared of mods.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    WordPress stats checking addiction anyone?

Ah darn. I'm scared of mods.

me too but i caved to peer pressure because everyone was talking about mc. and mc is actually one i use that i'm not afraid.
    Once, when a wedding was interrupted, I got let's say slightly ticked off.
    I built a pool.
    I built a pool.

>:)

Deserved! I mean, it's just rude to crash a wedding. You're doing everyone a favor by making sure they'll never do it again. Right?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    Right.
    edited October 2017
    I built a pool.

Deserved! I mean, it's just rude to crash a wedding. You're doing everyone a favor by making sure they'll never do it again. Right?

not as rude as walking in on sim sitting on the toilet. mine used to do that.
    Mine are slowly learning there's a Death Note holder in their midst.
    Robert Webb, flammable clothing materials.
    Anyhow... How was your day?
    I built a pool.

Emphasis on "used"?

Is it bad that I smile when I see that black journal? I mean, that's totally on purpose, right? Has anyone made a simlit version of Death Note? <3
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,688 Member

Is it bad that I smile when I see that black journal? I mean, that's totally on purpose, right? Has anyone made a simlit version of Death Note? <3

There's one for The Sims 3
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    I built a pool.

Emphasis on "used"?

yes .
    InfraGreen wrote: »

There's one for The Sims 3

That is pretty awesome, but I meant a retelling of the story. :) I could not do it justice myself.
    D2vFwMN.jpg