Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 - Thank you so much. It’s greatly appreciated and those hugs are very welcomed. ❤️

Lots of love to you and your family, @sweetnightingale . That sounds like a tough loss.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    I'm once again at the point where I am at where I just want to have supper out every night Dad's doing the cooking. It happens EVERY single year. If the only times I can get Mom food is the WEEKENDS I rather eat crap food somewhere else then Dad's cooking. I mean he burned leftover Chinese food last Wednesday by accident. For someone who doesn't like frozen food he does cook a lot of it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi everyone. I got some special glasses today and I can suddenly see so many colours I couldn't see before. The world looks so different. This is so exciting. XD
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

My grandmother passed away this week from cancer. 😩 Just thought I’d share, as some virtual hugs would be awesome right now.

Lots of love and strength for you and your family, @sweetnightingale . *hugs*
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Thank you both, @CathyTea and @RipuAncestor for the love and condolences. It was, indeed, a tough loss, especially since she was the last of my grandparents to go. It was a blessing in a way because she was suffering, but I will miss her terribly. It left me feeling quite nostalgic for a time when life was a lot simpler. Time does march on though, but you realize just how old you feel when relatives and friends start dying off. *sigh*

On a happier note, I got the wonderful honor of being interviewed by Kymber, another fellow SimLit author who featured me and my work on her blog. 😁 I LOVED how it came out, and we both had such fun with it.

You can read it here if you are interested.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    @sweetnightingale I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I've only just really come back to my "web world"after have a small hiatus of sorts, seems I've missed a lot... for that I'm sorry :'(
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
    @IvoryButterfly - Thank you. It was rough, but we’re hanging.

I know what it’s like to be away and how hard it is to get caught back up. Take your time and try not to let it overwhelm you. It usually works itself out. 😊
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Hi everyone. I got some special glasses today and I can suddenly see so many colours I couldn't see before. The world looks so different. This is so exciting. XD

baaaww that's so fab honey <3
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

@Simsophonique Thanks. :blush:
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member

@Simsophonique Thanks. :blush:

You are welcome I know the feeling of Bliss when you are sight deficient and you can see for the first time ! No matter if it's colour, sight back or everything related to @simscognito
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

That is so cool, @simscognito !
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @simscognito - I’m so happy for you!!! 😁 Being visually impaired, I know the reality of living with defective eyesight. I’m always thrilled when someone else's vision improves. Enjoy those new glasses and savor all those beautiful new colors. ❤️
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i forgot to wear my glasses all weekend. buti'm glad cog can see too.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    My beloved cat passed away yesterday. We learned recently that she had advanced cancer. It came on suddenly and there wasn't much we could do. I'm deeply saddened, but I'm grateful for the time with her and that she did not continue to suffer. :'(

I want to load up a game and play my game version of her as she would live on forever that way. I'm trying to decide which story to pop her into at this point. Maybe multiple versions. It doesn't really matter. It would be a way to honor her memory.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    My beloved cat passed away yesterday. We learned recently that she had advanced cancer. It came on suddenly and there wasn't much we could do. I'm deeply saddened, but I'm grateful for the time with her and that she did not continue to suffer. :'(

I want to load up a game and play my game version of her as she would live on forever that way. I'm trying to decide which story to pop her into at this point. Maybe multiple versions. It doesn't really matter. It would be a way to honor her memory.

you could start her at differnt ages in multiple stories. i knoow you have a lot of stories to choose from

Awwww, I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s never, ever easy when it’s time for one of our beloved furkids to go to the Rainbow Bridge. 😩 Sending comforting vibes your way and some virtual (((((hugs))))).

It’s a wonderful way of honoring her memory with putting her in your game and stories. I’ve done that with our doggies. Although saddened, it made me smile to have them immortalized in my game.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @AdamsEve1231: I'm so sorry. :( Maybe age her down to kitten and start anew in-game? Or one of those 100 kitten challenges. :p When it came to Bud I figured I had many years with him in real life and just put him up on the gallery for anyone else to continue his story. Some people can't stand to look at sims of their pets after their passing so it's pretty brave to be able to keep them in digital spirit no matter what!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231: I'm so sorry. :( Maybe age her down to kitten and start anew in-game? Or one of those 100 kitten challenges. :p When it came to Bud I figured I had many years with him in real life and just put him up on the gallery for anyone else to continue his story. Some people can't stand to look at sims of their pets after their passing so it's pretty brave to be able to keep them in digital spirit no matter what!

She existed in my Ts3 game actually. I haven't added her to TS4 yet. I've been thinking about it but hadn't gotten around to it yet. This happened so fast. It was hard to swallow.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Awwww, I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s never, ever easy when it’s time for one of our beloved furkids to go to the Rainbow Bridge. 😩 Sending comforting vibes your way and some virtual (((((hugs))))).

It’s a wonderful way of honoring her memory with putting her in your game and stories. I’ve done that with our doggies. Although saddened, it made me smile to have them immortalized in my game.

Thank you.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    The dog Cider passed away around 15 years of age when Mom and I were in Stratford, Ontario seeing plays. At the moment I don't know if she passed away in her sleep or what. So I'm a bit upset about it. It was a different story when Aunt Lori's (technically Dad's mom) dog, Brodi (?) died back in 2000 (before Sis got Cider, Smudge or Arson). So now how is mom going to get me out of the house? (When we had Cider she had me walking her).
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    The dog Cider passed away around 15 years of age when Mom and I were in Stratford, Ontario seeing plays. At the moment I don't know if she passed away in her sleep or what. So I'm a bit upset about it. It was a different story when Aunt Lori's (technically Dad's mom) dog, Brodi (?) died back in 2000 (before Sis got Cider, Smudge or Arson). So now how is mom going to get me out of the house? (When we had Cider she had me walking her).

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s never easy losing a furkid. It’ll be an adjustment, and you’ll feel her absence for a long time. Take it one day at a time and allow yourself to grieve. Sending you comforting thoughts and virtual hugs.

edited August 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s never easy losing a furkid. It’ll be an adjustment, and you’ll feel her absence for a long time. Take it one day at a time and allow yourself to grieve. Sending you comforting thoughts and virtual hugs.

@sweetnightingale she was more of a fur-niece for me then a furkid. (or for Mom and dad, a furgrandchild). But thank you for your sympathy.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Big hugs to you, @MadameLee . These losses hit hard.

Hope some sweetness finds its way into your day.

Condolences to your family, too.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    *HUGS* and my deepest condolences to @AdamsEve1231 and @MadameLee, losing anybody human or fur-baby is never easy. Hopefully soon more happiness will come to you if it hasn't already.

Goodness, defiantly been away too long :'(

Sadly the reason is my health really gave me a good kick in the teeth and I wasn't able to do much over the past few months other than sit on the couch and read or watch TV, it got very boring very fast.
    After seeing a new Dr who took me off my medication and changed my diet (no starch), things are looking up finally and I'm not in as much pain as I have been.

Thankfully this meant that my blog has now finally been updated to look like I've always wanted it to look! Like a normal blog that other storytellers have and a few bells and whistles.
    Big thanks to a Simmer friend of mine (can't find her tag to tag her).

Hoping I can get the next chapter out sooner rather than later :)
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
    *HUGS* and my deepest condolences to @AdamsEve1231 and @MadameLee, losing anybody human or fur-baby is never easy. Hopefully soon more happiness will come to you if it hasn't already.

Goodness, defiantly been away too long :'(

Sadly the reason is my health really gave me a good kick in the teeth and I wasn't able to do much over the past few months other than sit on the couch and read or watch TV, it got very boring very fast.
    After seeing a new Dr who took me off my medication and changed my diet (no starch), things are looking up finally and I'm not in as much pain as I have been.

Thankfully this meant that my blog has now finally been updated to look like I've always wanted it to look! Like a normal blog that other storytellers have and a few bells and whistles.
    Big thanks to a Simmer friend of mine (can't find her tag to tag her).

Hoping I can get the next chapter out sooner rather than later :)

@IvoryButterfly I'm so sorry you've not been feeling well but I'm glad you're starting to feel better now. Mann I've just been admiring your new banner. Looks so inviting.