Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Sliding into a seat on the Friendship Bench to sit for just a second <3 Kick my feet up and sip my tea <3 LOL my phone keeps blinking on and off (duties on twitter are calling) so my sit will not be long .... Happy simming!

Hi @lisabee2 :)
    I'm getting increasingly paranoid that people don't enjoy my Sim Lit since feedback has ground to a halt in recent months. Honestly, I'm half-tempted to just stop at this point. I have very low self-esteem and positive responses mean so much.

How far are you into a story .. I will add another to my list but prob don't have a lot of time to do a big catch up

@bookloverblue nooo don't stop. Christmas break and into February often is the time when people lose readers but if you keep going you'll find readers will increase. Also there's lots of reasons why people stop reading and sometimes they only stop temporarily. I'm one who often struggles with keeping up with simlits but I always catch up eventually.
    so please don't give up yet. Remember who you're writing for in the end.

I know it's common to say you write for yourself but I think we also write for those who need to hear the story. So remember that despite the appearance of lack of readers, your story might be making someone in the world very happy. <3
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I'm getting increasingly paranoid that people don't enjoy my Sim Lit since feedback has ground to a halt in recent months. Honestly, I'm half-tempted to just stop at this point. I have very low self-esteem and positive responses mean so much.

How far are you into a story .. I will add another to my list but prob don't have a lot of time to do a big catch up

@bookloverblue nooo don't stop. Christmas break and into February often is the time when people lose readers but if you keep going you'll find readers will increase. Also there's lots of reasons why people stop reading and sometimes they only stop temporarily. I'm one who often struggles with keeping up with simlits but I always catch up eventually.

I know it's common to say you write for yourself but I think we also write for those who need to hear the story. So remember that despite the appearance of lack of readers, your story might be making someone in the world very happy. <3

I am that someone in the world! Or at least one of the someones!

@bookloverblue 's stories make me so happy and stay with me. Thank you for being a writer, Blue, and for sharing your stories!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I am that someone in the world! Or at least one of the someones!

@bookloverblue 's stories make me so happy and stay with me. Thank you for being a writer, Blue, and for sharing your stories!

i agree with cathtea. as of yesterday i'm now on my fourth time trying to write the benders. a lot of my readers dropped off when i started 3 but one came back and has been regularly reading. the new updates so that made it worth it to me. i don't read right now. but i really need glasses and i had to wait because i looked like a chipmunk because of my tooth extraction but i'm healing so soon.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited February 2019
    *curls up into a ball* So I'm the only one of my girlfriends whose not engaged (or in the other case already married). @simscognito @CathyTea @friendsfan367
    6adMCGP.gif
    How does one talk to one's strict parents about her joining strangers (who all do National Novel Writing Month) on a Tuesday nights (5pm) at a brewery which allows customers to play board games while they drink tea or beer or whatever and (maybe) eat something?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    How does one talk to one's strict parents about her joining strangers (who all do National Novel Writing Month) on a Tuesday nights (5pm) at a brewery which allows customers to play board games while they drink tea or beer or whatever and (maybe) eat something?

Oh, @MadameLee ! This sounds like an awesome activity ! You might start by saying that there is a weekly activty you'd like to join, and then take it from there. You can also ask the program leaders at Day Program for suggestions on how to bring this up, too! Good luck ! It sounds so cool!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @MadameLee have your parents been there yet? I'm a regular at my local one (also for a wholesome weekly social activity so I totally agree with @CathyTea, it's a good idea) and I don't think people who don't regularly go to breweries get that they're not seedy dive bars but instead generally safe places that tend to allow kids, dogs, etc.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Has anyone ever decided to change the lifespan length to a custom one after starting a legacy? Or is it better to leave it as is and try to keep it interesting?
    image.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Has anyone ever decided to change the lifespan length to a custom one after starting a legacy? Or is it better to leave it as is and try to keep it interesting?

@SimTresa I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It could give you more time to focus on a life stage that interests you more for instance. Welcome 2 the elder generation
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

@SimTresa I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It could give you more time to focus on a life stage that interests you more for instance. Welcome 2 the elder generation

Thanks, @InfraGreen. I'm hoping for a balance between the current normal, which seems kind of rushed in some lifestages, and long, which seems too long at times.
    image.png
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

@SimTresa I've changed it to the fast one, and it's pretty amazing looking how fast everything are. Although, the legacy just go as fast as my writing does
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    What am I suppose to do about Gen 7 chapter 2? there was only one roller coaster set and it's long gone now because the creator quit and took the website with her.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    What am I suppose to do about Gen 7 chapter 2? there was only one roller coaster set and it's long gone now because the creator quit and took the website with her.
    Do you mean the one by Brittpinkiesims? I'm sure there's somewhere where you can download a copy of the file. :)
    edited May 2019
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Do you mean the one by Brittpinkiesims? I'm sure there's somewhere where you can download a copy of the file. :)

@Bugsie2016 yeah that one and NO ONE saved it-people been looking for files of it for over a year. Even people on MTS said no one saved it since Person 1 missed it and a bowling(?) set of some sort from the same person (not counting her mods-Rex has them) https://simfileshare.net/folder/59769/ < this folder is from Person 1 and Person 2 who saved some didn't download the file because they "didn't use poses" and its Person 2 said that *no* one has this particular set
    WR8TYGm.png (because *all* the links lead to pink's tumblir but w/o her website no one can download anymore)
    6adMCGP.gif
    I'm going to my first National Novel Writing Month meeting tomorrow!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

My grandmother passed away this week from cancer. 😩 Just thought I’d share, as some virtual hugs would be awesome right now.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

My grandmother passed away this week from cancer. 😩 Just thought I’d share, as some virtual hugs would be awesome right now.

hugs . sorry to hear that.
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

Thanks. 😩 Yeah, not an easy time.
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

i know . my gram died right after the writers lounge started. it will get easier. and you know how to find us. your friends here.

dad was my biggest loss so far still adjusting and its been almost 2 years.
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

i know . my gram died right after the writers lounge started. it will get easier. and you know how to find us. your friends here.

dad was my biggest loss so far still adjusting and its been almost 2 years.

Knowing where to find your friends makes a big difference. 😊

Sorry about your gram and your dad. My dad went in 1999. The pain never completely goes away but it does eventually get easier.
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

@sweetnightingale sorry to hear about your grandmother. Death of a loved one is hard. Wishing you and your family all the best.

*Virtual hug* <3
    @simscognito - Thanks so much. Yeah, it’s never easy. She was my last remaining grandmother so it’s doubly hard. Thanks for the hugs and well wishes.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hiya, everyone,

*sits on bench*

Virtual hugs, @sweetnightingale. Sending you wishes and prayers for peace, comfort, and hope.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 - Thank you so much. It’s greatly appreciated and those hugs are very welcomed. ❤️