Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlocked 2nd chef but cannot use?

Figuring this out as I go. So I've unlocked via perks a second chef. I'm able to promote and demote him through the manage employee tab. My first chef is really grumpy because he's sick of cooking! I wanted to trade him out and get the second chef in there... How do I do this? And, if I so desire, can there be two chefs cooking at the same time in one restaurant? Thanks!

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Do you have 2 chef stations?
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    You actually cannot trade them out. Provided you have two chef stations as Fullspiral said they should both be working at the same time. There is no way to give any staff breaks or anything like that short of closing.
  • JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Do you have 2 chef stations?

Yes! I did put two in. I tried clicking on the second station and still no options or anything...
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    You actually cannot trade them out. Provided you have two chef stations as Fullspiral said they should both be working at the same time. There is no way to give any staff breaks or anything like that short of closing.

Okay! Thanks for the insight on that. :/ I hope I'm not encountering a bug, then...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Make sure there are no routing issues.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Make sure there are no routing issues.

Just to clarify...Wouldn't path finding issues give me a notification? I haven't seen one.
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    Try repairing your game.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    When I first opened my first restaurant the 2nd chef never showed. I fired them and rehired them only to find the same thing. Ended up hiring a new one, closing and they showed up the next time I opened. I'm not sure why that happened but I was glad they eventually showed up.