Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard stuff pack rumor

I don't know if this is OK to post this on here but here goes. So I was reading some Sims stuff online when I came across a post about Backyard stuff pack rumour on sims community info. I personally think if that information is true, what in the earth are Sims 4 team playing at? I mean isn't it time for a hobby stuff pack that includes a smaller telescope and microscope or something different. I do like what The Sims 4 has brought out so far. But we have had a lot of garden items. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Honestly it's all as you said a rumor.Until EA has a official announcement just forget about it.
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    I know I shouldn't think too much of it. But every time a stuff pack note has shown up with rumours it happens. Like Spooky stuff, Patio stuff Even Dine out was a rumour all have been released :wink: Oh well time will tell. Some Sim Guru will drop some hints somewhere down the line :smile:
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    If it *is* true... And Idk if it is... But Backyard stuff might not be bad. Here's what I'm thinking.... we already have garden pots and planters (though maybe it'll add sprinklers) and grills and furniture.... but who uses backyards more than anybody? Kids, right? So what if it's pack for outdoor kids activities.... Seesaw? Swing set? Sand boxes? Tree house? All these go in the backyard, right?

BUT.... This is just far-fetched, wishful thinking. It could've been an honest mistake by whoever posted this "leak" or whatever you want to call it. Or if it is a pack called Backyard stuff, it could be something totally different.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If they worked out the issues with lounge chairs and multitasking, those would be a great addition to a backyard pack. Maybe pool items like a pool slide or pool toys (beach balls or those foam noodle things). If the Kids Stuff pack is focusing more on bedroom/inside stuff, then more play items like a slide or a climbing gym (especially if the latter builds Motor skill) would be appropriate.

Supposedly sometime this month we'll get another "teaser" trailer (like the one that revealed Dine Out and the children's stuff pack) that will reveal what's planned for the next quarter (July-September), so we won't have to wait too long to see what's in the works.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I think I will wait until I see what it brings.I mean we have perfect pattio and romantic garden but we have So little of anything else.
    It could bring some great content we don't have new of past content so I won't let the name put me off before I see what's included.

I still want to see more plants for fruits/veg/herbs/flowers

Maybe more fish and other collectables

Swing set
    Treehouse
    Slide for both pool and ground
    Trampoline
    more BBQ
    Pool and garden furniture

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    You guys, Your ideas are great. I didn't really think of what it could involve. Now I'm hoping for Swings, Trampolines and kids items some time in the future. I just hope them items are not restricted for adults. My adult sims a young at heart.
    I do hope we get more produce to plant in time to.
    If this Rumour is true. I know id buy it if it included them items. Totally forgot about kids outdoor items.
    Thank you guys for replying and sharing ideas and what you think.
    I'm looking forward to the teaser. Il have to be patient and not think too much more into this.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Backyard stuff isnt a bad idea. We need more games outside for kids.. Teens and adults actually.

Im thinking: waterfights, hide and seek outside, tag, slides, swings, tree houses and not giant stuff, cause after all.. Its a backyard, not the majors land.

For teens: hang out spots outside. Hang on swings like in ts3.

For adults or all ages: real diving boards for pools, more pool games like Marco polo or under water games (for kids).

Thats what came to mind and these things will have a great value just as hobbies, since they are activities for our sims to do. Now hope EA will not hold back in this one.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I hope the backyard stuff includes a barn LOL. Yeah I know wishful thinking but it would be cool to have some run down looking fencing, barn doors, windows...but yeah probably not going to happen so:

A slide, swings, pool games, a water slide, real diving board, a sprinkler, tree house, frisbee throwing, more activities like catch with a baseball would be nice. I love the trampoline idea. It could wind up being cool depending on what they decide to do.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    this game needs more creative gardening objects.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    A greenhouse like the sims 2 seasons ones and more to grow and more fish.
    Maybe a return of The juicer and the lemonade stand

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hoping for a Treehouse for kids, and as a place for teens and Adults to mess around/woohoo in.
    Home it means more pool activities/toys stuff too. like water volleyball, basket ball water slides.
    For some reason Bouncy House/castle comes to mind. for birthdays and woohoo.
    maybe Hammocks, Canopies.
    Barns/Greenhouses...
    More hot tubs?
    fire pits and grills.
    alternatives to s'mores I know Outdoor Retreat gave that, but it doesn't have to be just a camping thing.
    return of the beekeeping hobby? maybe honey as a new optional recipe for things? sell honey, and use it, maybe cure sims too... Death by Bees?
    now I'm thinking about mosquitoes too.

to me it sounds more like a Summer pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    If it *is* true... And Idk if it is... But Backyard stuff might not be bad. Here's what I'm thinking.... we already have garden pots and planters (though maybe it'll add sprinklers) and grills and furniture.... but who uses backyards more than anybody? Kids, right? So what if it's pack for outdoor kids activities.... Seesaw? Swing set? Sand boxes? Tree house? All these go in the backyard, right?

BUT.... This is just far-fetched, wishful thinking. It could've been an honest mistake by whoever posted this "leak" or whatever you want to call it. Or if it is a pack called Backyard stuff, it could be something totally different.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It could add new playground equipment, new pool items,porch swings,sprinklers, waterslides, hammocks etc.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

OMG the Juicer....we can make emotional smoothies, special smoothies.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I hope the backyard stuff includes a barn LOL. Yeah I know wishful thinking but it would be cool to have some run down looking fencing, barn doors, windows...but yeah probably not going to happen so:

A slide, swings, pool games, a water slide, real diving board, a sprinkler, tree house, frisbee throwing, more activities like catch with a baseball would be nice. I love the trampoline idea. It could wind up being cool depending on what they decide to do.

Indeed this has the potential to be a great stuffpack.
  • Options
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

OMG the Juicer....we can make emotional smoothies, special smoothies.

That's what I was thinking, smoothies and milkshakes etc etc ;)

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Greenhouse type stuff might make sense too, now that the lighting is sorted.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I don't know if it is a new pack or a rumor. But, I would like new playgrounds, trampoline, sandbox, etc
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Only if there is a Plant Sim.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    Only if there is a Plant Sim.

that'll be great to have a plant Sim back, I miss those!
  • Options
    OMG The Sims team should just put all these ideas in a ultimate Garden Content pack!! I loved Plant sims and plant babies!! Sims 4 would look beautiful with the Greenhouse return especially if we could build them like in Sims 2 but with a option to have more styles.
    Juicers are a must for sims 4. It would add a lot of content across all packs that's available now.
    Trampolines would be fun for all sims. I would love to see an elder sim jumping, bouncing around and then dying from having too much fun at her old age.
    Treehouses would be a great addition to.
    I need to start making a Sims 4 Content wish list. I think it will be around 200 pages long. JK :wink:
    Great ideas all. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas.
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I think if this pack were to be true, it's just an add-on to the 'Patio stuff pack'...which we don't really need anything to do with backyard stuff. Well, we need more plants but thats really all we need to do with backyard stuff. However these recent packs could maybe be a hint that 'Generations' is coming from the 'Kids Stuff Pack' to 'Backyard stuff' which could include climbing frames and such for children or a sandbox for toddlers.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I would love to have such stuff pack. Swings, sandboxes and treehouses for kids. And greenhouse for planting. Gardening in this game is fun, but very limited. If we could get more tools for it, it would be awesome. Not to mention plantsims.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I would love to have such stuff pack. Swings, sandboxes and treehouses for kids. And greenhouse for planting. Gardening in this game is fun, but very limited. If we could get more tools for it, it would be awesome. Not to mention plantsims.

Agree! You should work for the sims 4 team as a creative brainstomer(totally made that up) :p
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I would love a greenhouse! That way they could have produce in the winter instead of things going dormant.

And definitely swings, sandboxes, slides and treehouses. Kids could use those for their club meetings to battle with critter cards!
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I really hope that there is lots of family putdoor games and more stuff for kids! (And toddlers?)
    I would love a sand box, be able to have a picnic, a sprinkler to play in and to water plants, pool toys and Swings for kids and little tots :)