Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why are certain tasks in real time?

Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
Hi all,
I just put the sims free play on my iPad, so new to all this, i do play the sims 3 and 4 regularly, enjoying it quite a bit but why is it certain tasks like going to work, or cooking take so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 long? Is there anything else I can do in the game in the meantime while waiting for these tasks? Any advice or help would be appreciated, thank you! :)

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Sims Freeplay is an MMO game and such games always occur in real time. The gameplay therefore continues even when you close the game down or maybe even turn off your device. So you can't freeze time in such games.

Most other MMO games are war games where you build a base (in real time) and other players can attack your base to steal money and resources while you don't play. But you build defense buildings (still in real time) to make this more difficult for them.

The Sims Freeplay is EA's attempt to use the Sims concept to also have an MMO version of the Sims games. So like other MMO games it happens in real time and is free to play. But other players can visit your town and use your objects also when you don't play. To make this work the other players just visit the latest uploaded copy of your town though. So you won't ever see them while they visit your city.

I like this game much more than the earlier paid mobile versions of the Sims 3 because it is free to play but much better than the paid Sims 3 apps anyway. You just have to get used to playing MMO games which isn't games you play constantly for hours but instead games that you only play shortly but as often as possible. I do that myself by playing other MMO games too and also by playing the Sims Freeplay on two different accounts on two different devices. (Earlier I even played it on three different accounts on three devices.) This way I always have enough to do and I even have so much that only a couple of my MMO games have high priority while the other MMO games only are played one or two times a day.
  • Options
    Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    thank you Erpe for explaining this to me! I appreciate it and understand, have a great weekend :)
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I am new to this game too. Last night, I sent two of my Sims to work and one to plant some pumpkins (24 HOURS???). This morning, I see that my two Sims got off work but all their stats were down a bit. I'm trying to figure out how to play this without checking it every five minutes. So I sent them back to work this morning so I can actually work today. *laughs* I'm curious how other people who work and sleep manage their play time on this game.

I did notice that there was a paid mobile app in the app store for The Sims. That must be the paid version you are talking about Erpe. It had terrible reviews (only 2 stars) while this app has 4.5. I figured it couldn't be TOO bad. I was looking for something to play when I go on vacation and only take my iPad with me.

Is there a beginner's guide on how to get started making the most of this game? I read one detailed guide that had lots of commentary on other games and such. I found myself getting lost. I'd like a good "here is the best way to start" kind of thing.

So far, I have built three houses with three Sims. But I seem to keep them at the first house since it has furniture (but we don't seem to need furniture). I see that I'm getting tasks to complete and understand they basically go in order of when I should do them.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @RiennaTelemnar At the higher levels the game becomes much better because you have many more sims to play with. At level 55 (which is the top level) you have 34 sims in your town.

I agree that the game is boring at the lowest level unless you have something else to do. But I had played other free realtime games before this (a game like the Tribez is very similar to the Sims Freeplay but not quite as good IMO even though it is actually much bigger). So I solved the problem in the following ways:
    1. I played other free realtime games too to have something to do while I waited.
    2. I started 3 different Sims Freeplay games on 3 different accounts on 3 different devices. This not only gave me more to do. It also solved the problem about finding friends for my game - at least for a while.
    3. I mainly let my sims to short tasks in the day hours and let them do longer tasks (like going to work) in the night while I was sleeping myself.

Later it became too much with 3 games on 3 accounts. So I stopped playing the game on my oldest device (an iPod Touch 4g). But I still play on my 2 tablets where I have 33 sims in my android game and 34 sims in my iPad game. Soon I will have the maximal 34 sims in both games. But the new update (where you follow your sims to work at the police station) makes this too hard too because you also have to take care of them while they are at work. So when my police officers reach level 10 I will probably also stop playing one of my tablet games and only continue with one game.