Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All we need: Sims 2 with better graphics

2...Next

Comments

• SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    edited June 2016
    *agrees with SataiDelennn* I'm happy sticking with TS2, which is the best version IMO.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I am a mature dedicated Sim player and enjoy all the Sim games but would still put Sims2 at the top of my list. :)
    Perhaps just like old favourite black and white movies that are now digitally enhanced and also in colour, some day, Sims2 will be digitally enhanced with the most up-to-date colours but screen game play the status quo?
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited June 2016
    *conjures up TS4* Bam! Your wish is granted!

TS4 is nothing but an updated version of TS2. Well, at least in my opinion.

no it is a babyish version of it
    my Sims 2 friend and I tried Sims Social on Facebook and we both said it was BABYISH
    Played Sims 4 .. it's just like Sims Social
    it's not updated, it's watered down
    consider the immaturity of all the try-too-hard 'humour'
    even in the promotional video of the lady demonstrating it to an auditorium of people, mostly mature adults, she spoke to them like they were children
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2016

Super true for the open-world part. I felt it was more eery personally? Like it was just too quiet and open for my liking. Then again, I grew up to enjoy the cozier mechanics for TS1 (console) and TS2 (PC). It made lots feel more packed and streets more crowded.[/quote]

I agree! I also came from the sims 1 and 2. By time 3 rolled around I felt like I was playing a new game that didn't have the Sims Name on it.

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2016
    Apologies for my posts being a mess, I'm on my phone!
    It is true that the sims is outdated in the sense it's an older game. But the game play stands the test of time. As others have said (and I'm not going to attempt to quote on my phone ) this game has everything to be called a life simulator, it was the first to offer the cradle to grave experience and it was the first where you could control your whole neighbourhood from birth to death. I.e family member moves out of house, plop him in a house on his own and in the sims 2 he would still be there and he won't have changed jobs, had a hundred babies you didn't want. Nor do you worry about culling or sims forgetting they are married.

The game was made with a lot of TLC and it showed. To this day I still feel like I haven't explored every nook and cranny of this game and I've been playing it since launch. It's got character, I feel like my sims are actual people because to me the sims 2 is the sims at its best. That was the peak for me and everything that followed has never quite matched it.

The sims 4 is trying to be more like the sims 2. Which is good as I wouldn't have bought it if it was like the sims 3. But it's not there yet. It doesn't have the heart and soul the sims 2 has. I like the sims 4 but if I have to choose 2 or 4 there's no contest.

As for the game looking bad, well I use the graphic card fix so my game looks gorgeous! So I personally don't think it looks bad. But even if it did show its age, so what? What good is "oh it's so beautiful looking" when the game play is lacking?

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    @Goldbear86

Very well said! Especially your last sentence.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    Honestly... all they needed to do was improve the textures, lighting, and polygon count of sims 2. Why spend all this money creating a "next generation" base game that won't allow sims to play active roles in the restaurant due to "bugs". It was fully implemented along with a complex retail system in sims 2, a game you guys created TEN YEARS ago. Why don't you just go back to the sims 2 and modernize the graphics. Perhaps add some open world elements.

To those who will are about to ATTACK me:
    Sims 4 is the best game in the world. It has sold over 3 trillion copies and is the best selling PC game with the highest rated scores from all major game outlets. It not only expands on open world it also implemented OPEN UNIVERSE allowing players to travel galaxies without loading screens. It has a better retail and restaurant system than sims 2. Sims 4 is tactile and intuitive and emotional.

If they ever get to fix the majority of TS4 bugs which I doubt but...hopefully, improve sim AI/personalities and add toddlers, and Seasons and Pets, with a few other things and features I'm pretty sure TS4 could be a TS2 on steroids.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    @Sigzy05 not really because the grass is blurry and flat and the houses look plastic, which won't change because that is the art style, after My Sims, and if you've ever seen that, you'd realize it too, which is like ..
    you know the garden statues in Sims 2 that are supposed to be like among the zen garden things, bobble headed dwarf thingies, they are My Sims. And that is babyish.
    And so, if they change all you suggest, it will still be below par because of the art style
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    @JoAnne65 You should be part of The Sims Studio. And if you have some ideas, take a look at my comment in The Sims 5? discussion page.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Tayra Lol why thank you :D They wouldn’t even have to pay me B)

(be careful by the way, necro’ing old topics is against forum rules ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    At the risk of being bagged by the 🐸🐸🐸🐸... TS2 is everything TS4 should be but isn't. I can immersively play it for hours, letting story writing and building run wild, often stopping only when I realize it's long past time to drag my ancient self to bed. On the rare occasions I try TS4, it's a rare session that makes it past the 1 hour mark, and most of them don't get that far. What is the use of pretty when you can't do anything with it? What's the good of sims that just stand around in duh mode like TS2's lazy ones? 2 is where the real action is, age nothwithstanding.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    At the risk of being bagged by the plum... TS2 is everything TS4 should be but isn't. I can immersively play it for hours, letting story writing and building run wild, often stopping only when I realize it's long past time to drag my ancient self to bed. On the rare occasions I try TS4, it's a rare session that makes it past the 1 hour mark, and most of them don't get that far. What is the use of pretty when you can't do anything with it? What's the good of sims that just stand around in duh mode like TS2's lazy ones? 2 is where the real action is, age nothwithstanding.

I agree with you. I have lost many precious hours of my life playing when I should have been doing other things then going to bed, especially when I was working. Couldn't wait to get home and play TS2 back in the day. I still spend way too much time now, sitting 'til my legs go numb, (old now, lol) but TS4 didn't numb my feet and legs because I couldn't play it for very long. Somehow it caused me a lot of frustration even when it wasn't messing up. That might be a good thing. But with better technology today, I can jump in and out of bodyshop and the game and go back and forth creating and playing, I wish I had my pcs of today back then, I would probably still be glued to the pc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't think I want to go back to where making a baby involved a whole lot of kissing only.

that was the sims 1 ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    well the sims2 is outdated so long live the sims4

Very nice :#

there will be a time when the sims 4 is outdated ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SynthWarriorSynthWarrior Posts: 12 New Member
    Honestly, there is something that TS2 has, something that others simply do not, TS3 is a game that I will continue to play(it's a game that I like), but TS4 did not finish convincing me, I do not say that it is a "bad game", the problem, that while it has improved certain things and has implemented new ones...well, it is quite vague in certain details, I will not say that the general scenarios of TS2 are a WOW, but TS4 does not have the best, and the fact of having a load to enter a lot to another one, it just goes far back, in TS2 it was fine, then, the issues of limitations and so on.
    The Sims 2 what has is that, they put a lot of "love" to the details, to the animations, expansions, to the subject of the genetics, that then in the last 2 games more or less it was simplified, yes, it's true There was not much "where to choose" and so on, but the details were there.
    I will not say, "The Sims 4 is the worst"(because it's not), but I do not see it as a general advance, certain aspects were improved(as I said before), but others go back.
    But I suppose that by removing a certain technical part, subjective becomes.
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    I think when The Sims 3 started out there was a lot of love put into the game when they developed it. Yes they were having some hardware issues with the format they created the game off of, but it still gave us a game that we all loved and enjoyed. Today, they can actually patch The Sims 3 and give it the same love as The Sims 2, however with The Sims 4, I think it's too far broken that a mere patch is going to fix. They need a complete overhaul on the game itself.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The same level of overhaul that will enable the RMS Titanic to commence regular sailings from Boston to Southampton. Refurbishing TS2 to capitalize on the new technology available today is a much simpler proposition.