Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

help! not earning any money :(

I've managed to climb to 5 stars. But till this day have NOT earned a single cent. negatives each day. I've tried a lot of things. No ads. No special ingredients......
I have 2 chefs and 2 waiters. Did i do something wrong?
I'm kind of thinking their wages might be too high. (chefs on level 4 and level 2, waiters both on level 3) ?
But then how do you make them happy? if i dont promote them theyd come in with "very dissapointed" even after "praises" and that pep talk thing...

anybody can help me ?
Happiness!
j9pm6g.gif

Comments

• DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    Honestly I play resturants and retails more for storytelling rather than a way to get a lot of money. It's hard and most of the time I find money you get isn't worth the effort :| I recommend having another main money source :) (My favourite is painting cause it is a fast and simple way to get lot's of money). Good Luck!
  • bitterascandybitterascandy Posts: 224 Member
    try setting your mark up to at least 200%...it starts at 125 and that is very cheap
  • RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah what I found is setting the markup to at least 200% like someone else said, and greeting guests/checking up on tables etc to gain perk points. Use those perk points for ingredient discounts and the perk that gives shoppers more money & they buy the most expensive items on the menu (make sure your menu does have some really expensive foods though). Also you will want to buy the fast eating perk so you get more customers coming in and ordering expensive meals. I do this and I make around 900-1000 simoleons in profits for a 12 hour day on average. I've played a bit more today and here's my report for the day:
    CsANhQ3.png
    Post edited by Raevyn on