Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    @Lexers615 No problem. Honestly this has sort of turned me off playing the sims for a bit. So whenever I get help from anyone I'll be happy. Good luck on your exams! :)

Thanks a lot! Good luck never hurts! :)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    After you make the new Sims 3 folder, you pull the file from the new one, which should be correct, and replace the file in your old folder, then delete the new folder and put the old Sims 3 folder back to the correct name. (My Challengedata.package is currently 187 kB, for what it's worth.) If you did that, it should have worked. Hmm, have you turned off any of the packs in the menu? That might hide those badges.

But yes, if you have a new Sims 3 folder, you're playing a brand new game, as far as the game knows. So you'll get the tutorial and all. But it should be a new game with all your expansions, just 'unplayed'. That's why you pull the newly (and hopefully correctly) generated package file and copy it over to the old, renamed folder; that's where all your games and setting are. Then you delete the new folder and name the old one back to just 'The Sims 3', so youlve got the new file in your old games.

I've actually got two numbered files in my Downloads folder, one with the ChallengeData and the simport file, and the other only has ChallengeData at 1kB. Perhaps you replaced the wrong one? It's frustrating wanting to help when I can't fiddle with the computer. I'd not be a good call-in tech person, lol.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    When I first installed Sims 3 on this new computer I only installed the Base Game and patched to 1.55. I expected to see my badges gone but they were all still there regardless.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    This is a new (to me) computer and this is a new install. I decided to just play with the base game for a LEPacy sort of challenge. I just got gen 8 married last night. But in the beginning of this game I was getting all sorts of badges, and my in-game wall showed all of them, including ones from EPs, even though I just have the base game installed. (I feel like I'm over-explaining this, forgive me if it sounds like I'm saying the same thing over again. You know like how if you say "fork" enough times it becomes like not a word anymore? Kind of like that)

I think I got the right Challenge Data file. I picked the one with something like 45kb to replace the one with 2kb. The other one in the other file had 1kb.

Now I'm wondering if 87 badges is all that's available for the base game.
    giphy.gif

As I said earlier, I ignore the in game badges. They are all over the place for me. I look only at the badges in my profile on the web site. The only time I take a peek at the badges in game is to have a laugh and see if they are even close to what they should be. I don't recall them ever seeing them being even close to correct at least since Sims 4 was released and they were probably just as bad for a long time before that too.

I don't have time to look at it today though as I'm now late and will be gone all day.

I have no idea how many badges are available for the base game.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @KATENESS When I only had the base game and Ambitions installed, I had 70 in-game badges available. I actually still have a list of them if you want to compare it to yours. The early EPs didn't come with any extra badges, but the ones that did typically added about 15 each to the total, so 87 sounds like the base game plus one pack's worth. Or your list could be completely scrambled; who knows.
    edited June 2018
    Badges weren't introduced until Showtime, so there's probably not a list of 'Base Game' badges as such floating around; all of them were technically introduced with EPs. They were patched into all games that logged in, but only the achievable ones show up in game. So yeah, if your current game is just the base, that will be why a lot of badges are missing.

On my laptop, which is base + Supernatural + Island Paradise, I've only got base game-achievable plus the SN and IP released badges. The ones that I earned on my desktop game which has all EPs don't show up in the laptop game unless they're in those subsets. If you can't earn it in the game you're playing, it won't show up on the computer, although it will still show on the wall if that account has earned it.

This was originally base+IP to earn 'Who Keeps Sending These?', then I added Supernatural to earn the mauled by a bear one. Oddly, that one can't be earned with just the base game, even though the Catacombs and the Epitaph Writer job are both base game. I wonder if the specific bear mauling for the badge (there are at least five different ones) was added with SN.
    Thanks you guys. <3

I think it must be fixed now with swapping out the challenge data files. I bet you're right. But I swear I'm not crazy, all the badges were listed on the in-game wall before! I knew I couldn't achieve them because they required the EPs, but I still saw them. So that's why I panicked when suddenly there were only 8 badges available. :p

I was thinking of starting a new legacy (after I finish this one) with the Generations EP since I really miss it. But now maybe I'll go for Univeristy since that comes with badges, and I'll see if that changes anything.

I really appreciate all the help from everyone! You are all the best! <3
    giphy.gif

Thrippa wrote: »
    Badges weren't introduced until Showtime, so there's probably not a list of 'Base Game' badges as such floating around; all of them were technically introduced with EPs. They were patched into all games that logged in, but only the achievable ones show up in game. So yeah, if your current game is just the base, that will be why a lot of badges are missing.
    This is somewhat innacurate. They were introduced by an update who took place more or less at the same time as SHowtime got released, and they were broken down into EPs and SP. So, anyone who had only the basegame had access to the achievements, even if some required specific EPs. And, back then, they had plans for a lot more.
    On my laptop, which is base + Supernatural + Island Paradise, I've only got base game-achievable plus the SN and IP released badges. The ones that I earned on my desktop game which has all EPs don't show up in the laptop game unless they're in those subsets. If you can't earn it in the game you're playing, it won't show up on the computer, although it will still show on the wall if that account has earned it.

This was originally base+IP to earn 'Who Keeps Sending These?', then I added Supernatural to earn the mauled by a bear one. Oddly, that one can't be earned with just the base game, even though the Catacombs and the Epitaph Writer job are both base game. I wonder if the specific bear mauling for the badge (there are at least five different ones) was added with SN.

That last sentence is really interresting. Personnaly, I tried for (real life) weeks with two "Teens" (one was a "Wtich"), and it never worked, and I remeber getting it on the second attempt with an adult Sim in another game. However, I got all the other "part-time job" achievements with "Teens" (DJ Coupons was with a "Faery Teen".

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I had gotten the other part-time ones with a genie teen, and sent her 'brother' who was an ex-imaginary friend to work in the graveyard. After getting mauled several times, I wondered if the nonhuman effect was the problem, and repeated the task in several other games, with both human teens and human adults (who at least didn't have curfew issues). By then I'd gotten so many different mauling messages by both bears and zombie bears that I began to wonder if extra messages had been added after SN, although I wasn't sure why they needed more! So I reached for my laptop, just to see if having fewer EPs might make it easier. (I see, looking back on this thread, that I actually added SN for the purpose of the horoscope badge, which hadn't popped in several attempts, but popped almost at once on the laptop game.)
    I had gotten the other part-time ones with a genie teen, and sent her 'brother' who was an ex-imaginary friend to work in the graveyard. After getting mauled several times, I wondered if the nonhuman effect was the problem, and repeated the task in several other games, with both human teens and human adults (who at least didn't have curfew issues). By then I'd gotten so many different mauling messages by both bears and zombie bears that I began to wonder if extra messages had been added after SN, although I wasn't sure why they needed more! So I reached for my laptop, just to see if having fewer EPs might make it easier. (I see, looking back on this thread, that I actually added SN for the purpose of the horoscope badge, which hadn't popped in several attempts, but popped almost at once on the laptop game.)
    I think the ChallengeData on your computer is partly corrupted. Would make sense regarding this situation and the Horoscpe badge you mentionned...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Regarding "Who keeps sending these?", I came accross my studio thread and found my polluted beach lot. Now, you still need to find a way to run the game patched up to but no latter than 1.55.xxx, which can be an issue for some. This said, once you get past that issue, this lot should help:
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    The Littered Beach.

A soiled beach. Signs our oceans are way too polluted.

This lot's purpose is strictly for helping people attempts to get "Who Keeps Sending These?". However, you can add it to any neighborhood, and see it as a cleaning challenge...

roof_up_original.jpg

Comments, suggestions, and recommendations are always welcome! ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Looks like my Challenge Data file must be fixed. I got a new badge tonight! B)
    giphy.gif

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Hi all. I haven't posted in the thread for a while. I have put the grandparent badge on the back burner for now. I have tried four times so my sims have had over 120 grandchildren. I tried on two computers. I have still have not tried a fresh game making certain not to use "Save As".

I know I can get badges as I earned a few from Supernatural.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited August 2018
    Any thoughts about the Born Explorer (find 5 Hidden Islands in IP) badge? I read on the notes here that sometimes the badge will trigger after finding the 6th island. My sims have discovered 6 islands and nothing yet. I pretty much only have one other island I consider worth trying for, the one where a Mermaid gives you the location.

I think I'm having trouble with it because my sim's wife is a mermaid. So I sent him diving and he's made friends will three other mermaids, but none have revealed the secret yet. I've tried inviting mermaids over and then forming a group and then going scuba diving, but the mermaids always have like a route fail and end up getting reset. So I don't know how to get them to the diving spots. Should I just hope some mermaids are around when my sim is diving? :/

Any tips? The other island left to find is the one you get after saving a bunch of sims in the Lifeguard career. I don't think I want to bother playing that career. So I'm hoping the badge will trigger if I get my 7th island and I can forget about that last one.
    giphy.gif

Any thoughts about the Born Explorer (find 5 Hidden Islands in IP) badge? I read on the notes here that sometimes the badge will trigger after finding the 6th island. My sims have discovered 6 islands and nothing yet. I pretty much only have one other island I consider worth trying for, the one where a Mermaid gives you the location.

I think I'm having trouble with it because my sim's wife is a mermaid. So I sent him diving and he's made friends will three other mermaids, but none have revealed the secret yet. I've tried inviting mermaids over and then forming a group and then going scuba diving, but the mermaids always have like a route fail and end up getting reset. So I don't know how to get them to the diving spots. Should I just hope some mermaids are around when my sim is diving? :/

Any tips? The other island left to find is the one you get after saving a bunch of sims in the Lifeguard career. I don't think I want to bother playing that career. So I'm hoping the badge will trigger if I get my 7th island and I can forget about that last one.
    The only tricks that seems to work tom get it is to use a one sim household to get the islands because, otherwise, sometimes a random sim in the same household gets credited for the discovery
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Hmm, hopefully that's it. I actually just got the 7th island (the mermaid one) tonight. So it definitely should have worked. But I do have a household of 3.

I've given up hope that the Who Keeps Sending These? will ever work, since I'm patched at 1.67. I was secretly hoping maybe it would work if I found a bunch of bottles, instead of just 10. But I counted today and I'm at 20 so I give up. It's ok.

I'm also just starting to worry that something is wrong with my ChallengeData file again. After I installed IP I was able to get 2 different badges. But it's been weeks now and nothing. I'm kind of afraid to keep trying if it's just not going to work at all. But I guess I won't know unless I try for another badge and see. I still haven't gotten the Juice Cruise one, so maybe I'll focus on that. Only 4 more parties to go.

Sorry. Just venting. :(
    giphy.gif

@KATENESS We're talking about notoriously problematic achievements, so I highly doubt your system is at fault...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Well five minutes into playing I got the High Class Hotel badge. So I guess it's ok. I'll just have to play a single-sim family and try to find the islands. But for now, I'm still working on having some parties. I still haven't had any more yet. I decided to move my sims to a new houseboat and I spent way too long redecorating it. :D
    giphy.gif

Well five minutes into playing I got the High Class Hotel badge. So I guess it's ok. I'll just have to play a single-sim family and try to find the islands. But for now, I'm still working on having some parties. I still haven't had any more yet. I decided to move my sims to a new houseboat and I spent way too long redecorating it. :D
    Houseboats are tricky for parties... I suggest aiming low and only hosting "house parties".
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    The first party I had (a couple weeks ago) was a birthday party. And then I came here to check out the info about it and was like "aww man!" So then I threw a house party but I'm guessing since the houseboat wasn't docked anywhere and it was out in the middle of the ocean, that is the reason no one showed up to the party. So I'm not counting those two.

I have a Party Animal sim and so I decided I'd better try to just have her throw the parties. She had one the other day. And tonight she threw at least three. So I'm hoping it will work the next time I get in my game. Fingers crossed.
    giphy.gif

The whole reason for my 'Caroline and Friends' series of videos was to get these last few badges from Island Paradise. Now she's got them all she's got her friends and they are working on University Life badges.

I read and proved to my own satisfaction that you have to have a single sim household to get the badge for discovering the hidden islands.

I found the houseboat parties easy to get after I moved Caroline onto the houseboat to live temporarily.

The resort badges apparently don't trigger if the household owns more than one resort. I also had a single sim household to do it.
    I was able to get both resort badges with my current household of three sims, and they own two resorts. Maybe I just got lucky. :)

Have you had any luck with the mermaid baby badge? How do you know when your baby is a mermaid? Do they become a mermaid at toddler stage or is it right from the beginning being a baby? Because how would you meet the hydration need for a baby? Just curious. My mermaid has had two human girls and just gave birth to a son. He has the same skin as his mom, but it looks like his needs are human needs.
    giphy.gif

I've had a few mermaid babies. They get leg scales when they ate up to toddler. Don't need to worry about hydration. Probably not till they are teens. My one child mermaid doesn't seem to have a problem.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    I was able to get the mermaid badge on my first try. If I remember correctly, my mermaid married the King merman and their one and only child was a merchild.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top