Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to attract more customers?

Iv'e been playing with my main save today and iv'e been running a restaurant. But it seems no matter what, I can't attract more customers. Iv'e had about the same amount of customers since the restaurant opened, and I am unable to make a profit. My restaurant is at 4 stars and I have fully trained staff, I cannot sustain the restaurant when the staff keep demanding higher wages for their skills, I even had to lay off one of my fully leveled cooks in order to break even. And marketing is bugged for me. If I choose the platinum marketing package which should only charge 480 a day will charge me over 2,000 in a day. And I don't notice an increase in customers using advertisements either. Anyone know how to boost my customer attendance?

Comments

• ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    Curb side appeal perhaps like in retail? Try putting a sign out in front? not sure if this is a thing or not but worth a try! Also try going to a computer and see if their is a promotion you can do over the WEB or TV like in retail? Also if you click on the restaurant specifics it will tell you where your store is lacking, appeal could be an issue? Not enough seating could be a number of things definitely give it a try and see if it works! Good Luck and Happy Simming!
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    ST7_MTNMAN wrote: »
    Curb side appeal perhaps like in retail? Try putting a sign out in front? not sure if this is a thing or not but worth a try! Also try going to a computer and see if their is a promotion you can do over the WEB or TV like in retail? Also if you click on the restaurant specifics it will tell you where your store is lacking, appeal could be an issue? Not enough seating could be a number of things definitely give it a try and see if it works! Good Luck and Happy Simming!

Hmm. I do have a sign by the door. But I haven't tried checking the computer for special promotions. And my seating is definitely adequate, I have 80 seats. XD
  • melomo66melomo66 Posts: 46 Member
    I have the same issue, it doesn't matter what time of day, how much advertising, I just get only like 8-10 sims that come in. its five stars with great service ect... I do have signs outside and a menu, maybe I will go add some more bushes and hope... I was thinking this was some sort of bug, I certainly have the memory and processor to run a crowded restaurant, I was also wondering if it had anything to do with the amount of "non played" families you have?
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I don't have your problem, but I've managed to get a few restaurants earning §1000-§2000 a day or more.

A few questions.

How many days have you actively managed the restaurant?

How many customers do you get? With 5 tables and 2-3 sims a table you should have 10-15 sims at your peak. You may turn over the tables 2-3 times a day, a total of 25-30 customers for a 8-12 hour day.

How many visits from a restaurant critic have you had?

How many staff do you have?

How many tables do you have?

I have never used the marketing packages. One chef and one server can usually handle 5-7 tables, maybe more. I don't expect to make a profit for the first 5-7 days that I actively manage the place (I can do it, but it's a gradual process). I start out with low mark up on the food and gradually raise it when I get lots of customers. With a chef at max skills, I take off the menu any foods below 3 skill level points. You should get more customers as your star rating increases. With all the perks you can get (low food costs, bonus harvest, etc.), 25 customers a day should be able to net you §500 to §1500 a day.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    melomo66 wrote: »
    I just get only like 8-10 sims that come in.

At a time, or for the whole day?

What's you food mark up?

How many hours are you open?

How many servers and chefs do you have?

If your food mark up is high enough and only more expensive food on the menu, you should make a profit off every meal.

• KategKategKategKateg Posts: 7 New Member
    Advertise your restaurant! I can't figure out hoe too though haha there is suppose to be a button where you can do so.
  • Visil0821Visil0821 Posts: 1 New Member
    What I normally do is change my Menu around and make sure to have all the expensive meals and drinks (remember you need good chefs to make expensive meals).
    I make around 5k on a very good day, w/ many recommendations to the customers, this is after wages and without mods.
    Have only 1 cook and 2 waiters. Use advertisements and make sure to get all the perks especially Tidy Tippers, although I may have used it a few times.
    So Prioritise on your Cooks then Menu, Recommendations and Tidy Tippers. Open Restaurant at 10am and finish till your employees get tired. Could go much longer time but atm trying to improve my sims in their respective careers.