Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    andiesss wrote: »
    Having all the bugs everyone's already mentioned, particularly tables never getting served; disallowing new customers does nothing and staff not showing up to work. But a bug has just happened to me that made not want to play DO again until a new patch is released:

My sim owned 2 restaurants. She then got married to this guy and moved in with him. After that, all of a suddenly she didn't own any restaurants. I went over to buy my restaurants back and they had lost all the stars and staff. This is so frustrating, I wasted a whole morning of gameplay because of that.

Anyway, can't believe they released a pack with this many bugs.

Hello @andiesss .
    I am sorry that your sim lost her restaurants when she got married and moved in with him. :( It is because it is a new household.
    It has happened with other simmers also.

For your missing staff, sometimes closing the restaurant then reopening it straight away can help to bring the employees bsck.
    Your employees though may be getting culled. Try doing what is suggested in this blog post link and put the employees into their own home.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/

With the issue with" disallow new customers " not working, you may like to press " me too" on the AHQ EA site link that I posted in the above post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14992277/#Comment_14992277

With tables not being served, make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables. Check that there are clear passages for the waiter to walk through the room to get to the table. Manually drag any dirty dishes left on the tables to the waiters station in case that is causing issues.
    Giving a recommendation has caused issues in some simmers games.
  • Options
    andiesssandiesss Posts: 4 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @andiesss .
    I am sorry that your sim lost her restaurants when she got married and moved in with him. :( It is because it is a new household.

For your missing staff, sometimes closing the restaurant then reopening it straight away can help to bring the employees bsck.
    Your employees though may be getting culled. Try doing what is suggested in this blog post link and put the employees into their own home.

With the issue with" disallow new customers " not working, you may like to press " me too" on the AHQ EA site link that I posted in the above post.

With tables not being served, make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables. Check that there are clear passages for the waiter to walk through the room to get to the table. Manually drag any dirty dishes left on the tables to the waiters station in case that is causing issues.
    Giving a recommendation has caused issues in some simmers games.

Thanks for the kind reply. Unfortunately I've done everything (see my answers below). It's so frustrating because these bugs could have been picked up before release with a few hours of gameplay. And they're not bugs that you can ignore and move on, they affect the whole purpose of the game pack. I'll wait till a new patch is released to give it another go.

I don't see why it should be the case, another bug for ea to fix.

It's not culling because I have mc command centre and my staff have their own homes. You're right, when I close and open again they sometimes show up but I still have to pay them wages even though they didn't work. Again, don't think there's anything players can do here other than wait for the bugs to be fixed.

With the issue with" disallow new customers " not working, you may like to press " me too" on the AHQ EA site link that I posted in the above post. Thanks rosemow, I've done it.
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I have almost all of the issues OP is having with Dine Out. I also want to mention how the wait staff appear to just stand there sometimes. They take orders and deliver food fine, but when it comes to cleaning up they almost never do it. I have wait staff that is high skill and neutral about their job, that should be enough for them to be able to pick up a plate once in a while, right?
  • Options
    CupcakePrincessCupcakePrincess Posts: 1 New Member
    NPC Sims will never order dessert. :( I first noticed when I first got Dine Out. I tried owning a restaurant, and would occasionally offer a free dessert to somebody, but they would just get up and leave as usual after their meal. Now recently, I've made an ice cream parlor that had a couple appetizers along with all the ice cream flavors for dessert. My Sims could order ice cream, but others would only get a drink and appetizer. I got rid of the apps entirely and made the place ice cream only, and now NPCs will only order drinks. I wasn't sure if that was just the ice cream or not, so I made another restaurant that only served other desserts, and it's the same thing. Nobody will order them!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    The only issue I had was the cooks were doing the same animations over and over again, and my family weren't getting their food, I think the cooks were in an endless cycle.

But the reason I came looking for this thread is, I don't understand why they made such huge restaurant seats sofa's but only two sims can sit on it. I like them in my sims homes. But I wish three or four sims could sit on it.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I have the same problem when you disallow customers more keep on coming in. I think it is a bug in EA programming and not a conflict with MODS or CC.
  • Options
    The only issue I had was the cooks were doing the same animations over and over again, and my family weren't getting their food, I think the cooks were in an endless cycle.

But the reason I came looking for this thread is, I don't understand why they made such huge restaurant seats sofa's but only two sims can sit on it. I like them in my sims homes. But I wish three or four sims could sit on it.

Hello.
    When your sim next visits the restaurant, try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    This link may help with the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/food-is-not-being-servedcooked/

If the issues occur again, try resetting the chef and see if that helps.
  • Options
    I have the same problem when you disallow customers more keep on coming in. I think it is a bug in EA programming and not a conflict with MODS or CC.

Hello
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Disallow-customers-doesn-t-work/m-p/5387626#M26491
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    NPC Sims will never order dessert. :( I first noticed when I first got Dine Out. I tried owning a restaurant, and would occasionally offer a free dessert to somebody, but they would just get up and leave as usual after their meal. Now recently, I've made an ice cream parlor that had a couple appetizers along with all the ice cream flavors for dessert. My Sims could order ice cream, but others would only get a drink and appetizer. I got rid of the apps entirely and made the place ice cream only, and now NPCs will only order drinks. I wasn't sure if that was just the ice cream or not, so I made another restaurant that only served other desserts, and it's the same thing. Nobody will order them!

Oh! Yeah! NPCs never order dessert either (even when only dessert is on the menu), but now that you mention it, whenever my owners offer a free dessert they DO get up and leave. I thought that maybe it was implied that they got the dessert lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    This might have been mentioned but heres the bugs Ive noticed.

Waiters standing around, not taking orders, not bringing food, not cleaning up.

I cant enjoy having a home/restaurant with more then one sims because they say its inapropriet behavior to sleep at the lot and in one save owner got kicked out of own resteraunt.

Cant customize uniforms

Sometimes employees stand outside instead of working

Same customers all the time Not sure if that one is a glitch.

And customers standing around for awhile or they take dont eat their food.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    This might have been mentioned but heres the bugs Ive noticed.

Waiters standing around, not taking orders, not bringing food, not cleaning up.

I cant enjoy having a home/restaurant with more then one sims because they say its inapropriet behavior to sleep at the lot and in one save owner got kicked out of own resteraunt.

Cant customize uniforms

Sometimes employees stand outside instead of working

Same customers all the time Not sure if that one is a glitch.

And customers standing around for awhile or they take dont eat their food.

Hello @alyssasim87
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue about the inappropriate behaviour , or post your experiences there.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Inappropriate-behavior-in-Sim-s-restaurant/m-p/5387818#M25246

Try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    This link has pictures that may help

Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    Check that there are clear passages for the waiters to walk through the room.Check that walls , plants or half walls are not causing routing issues.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.

Sometimes having a bar, or aquarium or dance floor /music player, wall speakers or musical instruments can cause issues with sims getting up , moving around and congregating in other places in the restaurant, so if they are causing issues for you, try removing them and see if that helps.
    Have your manager sim keeping on checking on the customers when they are sitting down.
    When your sim first welcomes them, wait until they are seated and have ordered , before he welcomes them.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I have exactly the same issues you have OP... I hope they will fix them all...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Alfie90Alfie90 Posts: 1,477 Member
    My staff either dont bother turning up or when they do, they just stand outside and wont move. Customers dont get served half the time either. Cant get ratings up because it just doesnt play properly. Anyone else have these issues? TIA
  • Options
    Alfie90 wrote: »
    My staff either dont bother turning up or when they do, they just stand outside and wont move. Customers dont get served half the time either. Cant get ratings up because it just doesnt play properly. Anyone else have these issues? TIA

Hello
    Your emplooyees may be getting culled. It can help to go to manage households and place the employees in to their own home. But don't play that household. This link gives helpful suggestions on the issue
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/
    With the issue with your sim not being served, try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    Check that there are clear passages for the waiter to walk through the room.Check that walls or half walls are not causing routing issues.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.
    This link may help to show you pictures of things that can cause issues.
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    CoriChan wrote: »
    I read through some of the issues and I also experienced these frustrating bugs while running my restaurant. It wasn't bad at all the first time I opened but now I see problems =(
    I only have 7 tables, 2 chefs and 2 waitresses so there shouldn't be a problem with customers getting food.

*Customers will wander around the restaurant to view my fish tank or socialize with other customers instead of staying at their table
    *Customers will pick up their food to walk over to someone to talk to (this is not a bug really but at a restaurant it shouldn't happen)
    *One customer will be seated and then several game hours later another customer will come to join them at the table
    - sometimes when this happens they get frustrated with the "wait time" but i can't do anything about only half my table showing up on time
    *Customers will sit at the table and never order, then get frustrated they waited too long
    *The Host station "disable new customers" stopped working
    *Customers will wander inside, talk, then go back to the Host station instead of waiting to be seated first

I think Dine Out is a great pack but at the moment it's clear that there is too much emphasis on "socializing" so much so that you can't have a restaurant or a retail store without every one of your customers standing around and talking. I like that sims have conversations but why does it always interfere with everything else? It's very hectic to try and be the manager when your customers won't even sit down properly at their tables =(

Hello
    Sometimes having a bar, or aquarium or dance floor /music player or musical instruments can cause issues with sims getting up , so if they are causing issues for you, try removing them and see if that helps.
    Have your manager sim keeping on checking on the sims when they are sitting down.
    When your sim first welcomes them, wait until they are seated and have ordered before he welcomes them.

With the " disallow new customers " interaction on the host station, sims that are already either on the way to the lot or have just come on to the lot will still be coming to be seated and dine at the restaurant. It may be why you are continuing to have customers come to the restaurant.
    There is a thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue. You may also like to press " me too" on the thread and /or give feedback on your experiences.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Disallow-customers-doesn-t-work/m-p/5387626#M26491

I'm having all the same issues as @CoriChan :disappointed:. For me, the most frustrating one is probably the bug where customers come and they just don't order/waiters don't get their orders, and then they eventually leave with a 1 star or something along those lines because of long wait times, ruining the restaurants 5 star reviews. I've found that it also generally happens with two sims that come together if they both want a recommended dish, and with one sim quite randomly. It's not the seating or the sim either, because they can come at any other time and they'll get waited on, and anyone else can sit there after them and they'll get waited on. The tables all only have one table piece and there are no low-lying lights in the restaurant, there are also clear passages with nothing on the ground through to each table (no dirty dishes either) - again, it works most of the time and randomly sometimes it doesn't. It was especially quite disappointing when the first restaurant critic to ever walk into the restaurant had the glitch. The wandering and not eating is also super annoying (I do have a fish tank though) - I'll usually just deal with this by making my sims eat the food that the patrons left when they're hungry, but it is quite weird that you can just take the food under them once they stand up.

I'll have to keep an eye on welcoming them after they've ordered though, because I tend to have my sims welcome them as soon as they step foot in the restaurant... I'll see if it makes a big change for me. :smile:. Also, as people have previously mentioned, it looks like "disallow customers" only works (at least for me) when business is slow; when I have a rush of people coming in when I've been open for around 10-13 hours (generally the time I want to close because all the staff is getting tired) more and more people just continually get seated. I normally don't close the restaurant due to the fact that I'd lose profits, but using the Inspirational speech perk, simply give an inspirational speech to any tired staff.

Additionally, I've never had the issue where customers bring and leave books, but when sims (young and old) draw on their place mats, as I've experienced, they usually leave it at the restaurant, with no option to delete it - hence why I have a child's place mat drawing hanging in my restaurant. After that, just before an adult sim was about to leave, (coincidentally, the child's father), I slipped it into his inventory by dragging it. It's quite annoying you can't delete place mats if a sim doesn't take them.

Lastly, I've experienced the super irritating glitch where 5 star patrons never finish eating their food (or sometimes they do), but they never leave afterwards and so I have 5 star reviews that don't get added because I have to close before their review gets accumulated.
  • Options
    Hello @AM35502 .
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Other simmers have also posted that recommendations have caused issues in their game. Perhaps if you continue to have issues, try not giving recommendations and see if that helps,
  • Options
    Mairisie25Mairisie25 Posts: 4 New Member
    My issues: 1.Why do I have to keep making introductions everyday in the restaurant. When you meet a sim usually they remember each other.
    2. My restaurant is full and it says on my stats only 4 customers served. I don't get it.
    3. I accidentally brought more Sims in my household to welcome guests. THAT worked out good. But my rating won't go past 3 stars even if more people are getting 4 stars on their heads.
    4. My Hospital staff is down two only three others. I have added many doctors. Not sure why they are not coming to work at reception desk where I use to check people in at.
  • Options
    Mairisie25 wrote: »
    My issues: 1.Why do I have to keep making introductions everyday in the restaurant. When you meet a sim usually they remember each other.
    2. My restaurant is full and it says on my stats only 4 customers served. I don't get it.
    3. I accidentally brought more Sims in my household to welcome guests. THAT worked out good. But my rating won't go past 3 stars even if more people are getting 4 stars on their heads.
    4. My Hospital staff is down two only three others. I have added many doctors. Not sure why they are not coming to work at reception desk where I use to check people in at.

Hello.
    Your first issue may be connected with relationship decay. Relationship decay was brought in with a patch.
    MC Command Center mod contains many features/functions and has help for the culling, relationship culling and relationship decay issues
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here

With your issue with there not being many co workers in the medical career , the game allocates medical staff to work with your sim.
    If the fellow workers are not coming, and you use mods/cc, try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if more coworkers arrive when your sim goes to work.
    If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

• Options
    MiwaPROMiwaPRO Posts: 220 Member
    My game keeps generating two food critics at the time!! :unamused:
    0l7dEVEh.png
    ***THE SIMS 4 - BRASIL***
  • Options
    Hello @MiwaPRO
    Does this occur in all restaurants or just one particular one?

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .
  • Options
    Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    Ok, there two really annoying bugs.

1) The Waiters: At the beginning of the day, everything goes good, they take orders and take meals to the clients, but when the restaurant has been opened by a long time ( +7 Hours) they stop taking orders and start to just stand there (and take meals to the table). THIS IS REALLY BOTHERING. I thought it was a game feature (like "Ok, you want them to work like they were your slaves?, Take this") but I didn't found nothing in the game code, so I guess it's a bug.
    2) Clients and profit counters: When I opened the restaurant it went good, if there were 20 clients, the game counted them correctly and the earns were correct, but now I don't know what happen, one day I had 23 clients and the game just counted 4... and even worse, that day I would have to earn 1086 simoleons, but I had losses instead. (The game just counted the "making process" prices).
  • Options
    Marco50 wrote: »
    Ok, there two really annoying bugs.

1) The Waiters: At the beginning of the day, everything goes good, they take orders and take meals to the clients, but when the restaurant has been opened by a long time ( +7 Hours) they stop taking orders and start to just stand there (and take meals to the table). THIS IS REALLY BOTHERING. I thought it was a game feature (like "Ok, you want them to work like they were your slaves?, Take this") but I didn't found nothing in the game code, so I guess it's a bug.
    2) Clients and profit counters: When I opened the restaurant it went good, if there were 20 clients, the game counted them correctly and the earns were correct, but now I don't know what happen, one day I had 23 clients and the game just counted 4... and even worse, that day I would have to earn 1086 simoleons, but I had losses instead. (The game just counted the "making process" prices).

Hello
    Perhaps it may be best to close the restaurant earlier to give the waiters a break and to try to prevent them from stopping working. The employees tire after a while. Giving them an inspirational speech and using either the praise/criticise interaction may also help.

It you continue to have your 2nd issue occurring, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    Hello
    Perhaps it may be best to close the restaurant earlier to give the waiters a break and to try to prevent them from stopping working. The employees tire after a while. Giving them an inspirational speech and using either the praise/criticise interaction may also help.

It you continue to have your 2nd issue occurring, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Thank you for the quick answer.

So you say it's totally normal that workers stop working after a while doing it, right?

And the second bug just corrected itself. haha
  • Options
    Marco50 wrote: »
    Hello

Thank you for the quick answer.

So you say it's totally normal that workers stop working after a while doing it, right?

And the second bug just corrected itself. haha

Hello
    It is good that the second issue fixed itself .
    The waiters can become tired after a while. It may help to close the restaurant earlier and then test to see if the issue still remains.
  • Options

Hello
    It is good that the second issue fixed itself .
    The waiters can become tired after a while. It may help to close the restaurant earlier and then test to see if the issue still remains.

OMG, you are really fast. Thank you so much!! :smiley:

Ok, when I close the restaurant and they start working again, everything goes good. But after a while (7 or 8 hours) they start to slack.

But you know, after that time, they stop taking the meals to the customers and start cleaning and give priority to that instead of the clients.

The restaurant is small, it could be causing that?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top