Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Antialiasing not working properly.

I need help with the setting the antialiasing settings for this game, I'm at my whits end. If you zoom in on the picture, you'll see the jagged edges behind the glass. For some reason I cant get the game to process the AA on alpha textures. Also, maybe you can kindly point me in the direction of a guru that might be able to clarify why this is happening and the correct setting for it.
N3H1BJU.jpg

Im using a nVidia 960 so if anyone has some nVidia control pannel settings to share with me, I'd be super grateful!
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I dont have the game installed but the jagged edges may just be the game or Nvdida cards, I can't remember. @chesterbigbird or @Dekay would know
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Will have to ask @DeKay
    honestly i cannot remember but i think there was a setting either in game or cards control panel. Dekay will probably remember ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    its anti aliasing settings im assuming you have nvidia card sorrycant remember :) heres more info
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/aa-af-guide#1

and here as well http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_6.html

it may be worth stating if you do have nvidia and use that geforce thingy make sure it set to optimal

if you play with amd do you have CCC or crimson drivers

and lastly there is an amount of jaggedness the game produces depending on how sharp your monitor res is i havent had a chance yet to see if i can reduce with the new game liughting
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Is it only happening with that patio heat lamp? I haven't gotten the pack yet, will do when I get home from work.

In the mean time, let me check my Nvidia control panel...

Try going to "Adjust Image Settings with Preview" and check "use my preference emphasizing: Quality"

Then go to Manage Settings and find TS4 and hit apply.

See if that helps.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    So what I ended up doing was going into ctrl pannel, turning on MFAA, FXAA. setting it at 4x on both normal and transparency super sample. It's still not perfect, but my 960 cant handle 8x supersample. Now I need to figure out why I have screen tearing when my vsync is on >.<

Gforce experience optimizing does nothing to help with this issue btw.
    hhHD2XB.png
    Added picture:
    5TSXC8j.jpg

Like I said, still not perfect, but at least the AA is working on the outer frame. I still don't know how to deal with it messing up trough transparency.
    hhHD2XB.png
    Amiutza wrote: »
    So what I ended up doing was going into ctrl pannel, turning on MFAA, FXAA. setting it at 4x on both normal and transparency super sample. It's still not perfect, but my 960 cant handle 8x supersample. Now I need to figure out why I have screen tearing when my vsync is on >.<

For the screen tearing, can you turn off the Nvidia v-sync and just use the in-game V sync? I get screen tearing with the Nvidia one turned on and in-game turned off. So maybe you might be facing the same thing as well.

Is it only happening to that lamp? Did you check the base game wooden windows and see if it still has the anti aliasing? It could be that only this specific lamp is having this issue.
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

For the screen tearing, can you turn off the Nvidia v-sync and just use the in-game V sync? I get screen tearing with the Nvidia one turned on and in-game turned off. So maybe you might be facing the same thing as well.

Is it only happening to that lamp? Did you check the base game wooden windows and see if it still has the anti aliasing? It could be that only this specific lamp is having this issue.

Just checked the window in question, all good there at least. It's definitely the lamp. Gonna try the vsync thing tomorrow and try the 8xsample for screenshots as well. I need to start posting in the simulation tech thread.
    hhHD2XB.png
    DeKay wrote: »

Just checked the window in question, all good there at least. It's definitely the lamp. Gonna try the vsync thing tomorrow and try the 8xsample for screenshots as well. I need to start posting in the simulation tech thread.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's just the lamp and there's nothing you can do about it unless they fix it. Good luck with the v sync. Tell us if it works. :)
    832XG3D.gif
  • christian_39christian_39 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2016
    Just enable the Supersampling for transparencies in Nvidia Control Panel (for both exe's: 32 bits and 64 bits).

This are my settings:
    32 bits (x86)
    799.png

64 bits (x64)
    7CE.png