Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, you can't hire sims from the neighborhood?

Is that for real? The only sims I can select from are NPCs? The sim I want to hire lives in a house, but I made him quit his job so that he'd be available to hire. In retail we can hire neighborhood sims to work in our stores, so I thought we'd be able to do the same for restaurants. I am going to be SO disappointed if we can't. I have no interest in having NPCs working in my restaurants. :\

Can you guys hire played sims who live in houses?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    One thing that *does* work according to Crin - http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/ - is that after you hire a Not In World Sim, you can move them into a house (but not play them) and they keep their job. You could do that with the Sim you had quit their job if you mark them unplayed. Then just move them back into the house.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Maybe you can make sure he is unemployed, kick him out of the house and then hire him?
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I'm wanting to do this too! My chef quit his job and I still can't hire him. I'm going to do what luthienrising and silentkitty suggested
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    I was afraid this was going to be the case... it would have been cool if they made it so even playable sims could get these positions and it would show up for them as a part time job and show their position as a waiter, chef, or host and then show how much they get paid.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    One thing that *does* work according to Crin - http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/ - is that after you hire a Not In World Sim, you can move them into a house (but not play them) and they keep their job. You could do that with the Sim you had quit their job if you mark them unplayed. Then just move them back into the house.

Yes, this worked. Or, well, he showed up available to hire as waiter and host, but not cook. I suppose he would have showed up as cook if I reloaded the restaurant a dozen or so more times.

But if the trade off is that I can NEVER PLAY HIM EVER AGAIN. OMG, lol! Sorry, that's really not acceptable. I hope someone will make some mods to fix this. I don't see any reason why my neighborhood sims shouldn't be able to be hired. I have no interest in playing a restaurant full of NPCs. I want to work with my own sims. This makes me extremely disappointed. :'(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »

Yes, this worked. Or, well, he showed up available to hire as waiter and host, but not cook. I suppose he would have showed up as cook if I reloaded the restaurant a dozen or so more times.

But if the trade off is that I can NEVER PLAY HIM EVER AGAIN. OMG, lol! Sorry, that's really not acceptable. I hope someone will make some mods to fix this. I don't see any reason why my neighborhood sims shouldn't be able to be hired. I have no interest in playing a restaurant full of NPCs. I want to work with my own sims. This makes me extremely disappointed. :'(

I'm just happy that it was possible to hire him. Then you can probably get the staff you want, just have to fiddle around with it a bit. Have a plan for what I want to do, and which sims I want to work there.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    That is pretty disappointing. I think I will probably make some sims of my own especially to work at the restaurants and thenmove them in to a house without playing them.

I suppose we could make duplicates of our neighbourhood sims and hire those... not really the same though, and you would end up seeing two sets of certain sims around your hood (unless the restaurant staff are always at the restaurant).
  • PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    This is SO very disappointing :neutral: I wish there were no NPCS in The Sims 4..
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I really hope this gets addressed in a patch.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Ugh I just spent a whole hour and a half making 2 big skilled households of 8 so I can hire them with full skills LOL. That happens when you want to cheat hahahahaha its all good. Hopefully we will find away ;)
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I wish that besides hiring sims in the current way, we'd have the option to hire sims directly like we could in The Sims 2 Open For Business, it would have made things so much easier...
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I wish that besides hiring sims in the current way, we'd have the option to hire sims directly like we could in The Sims 2 Open For Business, it would have made things so much easier...

I would love this! For restaurants and retail too!
  • Bekahx3Bekahx3 Posts: 115 Member
    It sounds like OFB is everything I've been hoping to be able to do with the retail and restaurant venues that they've failed to implement in Sims 4.
    Am I the only who (if I don't make my own sims to put into the system) only gets offered sims with NO SKILLS to work at my restaurant?
    I was hoping to be offered higher level workers who just require a higher starting pay, but there are none.
    Me and my bae Michael. Drawn by Sonatines on the ourWorld game forums.
    70e3abc2e7.jpg