Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Musical Chairs!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    xxLeilaa wrote: »
    I, too, play with free will off and my Sims do not walk away. Just went on a date with an unplayed Sim and he only went to the bathroom to come back to the table after that.

I would strongly suggest playing with free will off when possible, as this will solve many problems like musical chairs.

But aren't you getting tired of work arounds for bugs? I always play with free will on and I'd now have to turn it off to make the pack play correctly?
    sorry :( something to consider is just turning it off for restaurants or part of the time at the restaurant.

@ceejay402 I haven't bought it. I'm watching bug reports and waiting for people to report on now linear the play might be. After I get more info on packs is when I consider buying them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    No problems with people sitting where they should and staying together. I only played the owner part today though, not the visitor.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I visited a pre-made restaurant with a family of 8 sims. Nobody got up to leave their seat except for bathroom breaks (or food poisoning) once I told them as a group to "Sit Together" at the table.

All the other guests seemed to be sitting normally as well.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    My sim only got up to use the bathroom once. Her friend sat in his seat the whole time. :)
  • Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    I haven't had any problems with musical chairs YET. I'll have to see how customers behave when my sims open her restaurant in the morning.

Off topic: Katrina Caliene asked my sim on a date at one of the diners and when they got there my sims girlfriend was having breakfast there. Katrina and my sim's girl got into a fight at the diner ... Ratchet.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Free Will is an issue and there also needs to be more options for it instead of just High.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    any word on improvements for this? @SimGuruNinja
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    We still have them even in Dine Out. Don't get your hopes up, the supposed "patch" for fixing the bug since 6 months ago still hasn't arrived.

Mine don't! Might try to repair the file through origin! The Hype is real the pack is everything they said it would be! GREAT JOB ON THIS PACK!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I just saw LGR's review and sims were getting up to drink their drinks and the sitting down. Sounds like it's kind of a mess.

I hope they get this fixed. They didn't do that in the livestream. Maybe it's random and doesn't happen all the time.
    I saw a bit of it in the live stream, where a sim stood up with a drink then sat back down. That's what they panned away from in the stream

lmao I can't.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    ST7_MTNMAN wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    We still have them even in Dine Out. Don't get your hopes up, the supposed "patch" for fixing the bug since 6 months ago still hasn't arrived.

Mine don't! Might try to repair the file through origin! The Hype is real the pack is everything they said it would be! GREAT JOB ON THIS PACK!

I agree. Haven't seen any bugs yet and I really love this pack. Both the managing part, and the dining out part! I should really go to bed now, but I just can't stop playing.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2016
    Think my sim is destined to always eat standing up, she hasn't sat down once yet for a meal, maybe it's because she dines alone?
    06-07-16_7-17-48nbspPM_zpsptgaa6fz.png
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    UPDATE: One of the customers decided she wanted to get up and pick up every dish and dump them while the waitress was on her phone.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    2011simone wrote: »
    Think my sim is destined to always eat standing up, she hasn't sat down once
    So does she order sitting down and then just get up to eat?
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I'm also having issues with sims standing i have only played as an owner in a diner with no bar anywhere on the lot
    i made the first group sat for their meal but only nancy llandgrabb remained seated as her two companions kept getting up to pick up their drinks before sitting down again.
    the next two groups of two remained seated for the duration of their meal. but when the critic arrived he stayed seated long enogh for the waitress to drop his food then as she placed his new order in front of him he stood up. i was no longer able to use management interactions on him the option just wasn't there although the star remained above his head when he eventually returned to his seat a couple of sim hours later. the star disappeared and he got up to leave.

cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    2011simone wrote: »
    Think my sim is destined to always eat standing up, she hasn't sat down once
    So does she order sitting down and then just get up to eat?

Yes she orders sitting down then when the food and drink arrives she stands up, picks it up then walks to an empty space to eat and drink!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I just saw LGR's review and sims were getting up to drink their drinks and the sitting down. Sounds like it's kind of a mess.

I hope they get this fixed. They didn't do that in the livestream. Maybe it's random and doesn't happen all the time.

@catloverplayer, go back and look at the live stream where they were talking about the musical chair, there was a Sim who stood up and didn't sit back down :(

My Sim got up and left her table and ate behind the counter by the waiters thingo

06-08-16_8-16-39nbspAM_zpsknemn17b.png
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,989 Member
    For those of you who don't mind mods, http://modthesims.info/d/541132 - less musical chairs by Shimrod. But I do hope Maxis fixes this.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    For those of you who don't mind mods, http://modthesims.info/d/541132 - less musical chairs by Shimrod. But I do hope Maxis fixes this.

I used to have that mod, it didn't work for me.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,774 Member
    One of my sims was sitting down eating, got up, picked up her plate and then started to eat. I had to tell her to sit back down.
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Ya i noticed my sims getting up but it was worse when i owned a restaurant it was like the whole place was a party all the sims were guests to. it actually impeded my employees and in some cases they stopped and joined in on the party.