Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Musical Chairs!

Comments

• Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Yep. My Sims get up in restaurants, customers, too, and stand there eating. Or they'll wander off to talk to random strangers at other tables.
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    My sim went behind the bar and made herself a drink... had to force her back to the table.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Huh. I haven't had these issues. My sims sit down and enjoy their meals.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Do you have a bar on the lot?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

I will pay you full price for a copy with no musical chairs.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

My Sims visited Chez Llama (or whatever it's called) and it had a bar.
  • Options
    kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    I haven't had this problem at all. I've sent several families & couples out to restaurants, and they all stay seated and talk to the people they came with. Occasionally they will get up to go to the bathroom, but they always return to the seat that they left.

There must be something going on that some people are doing differently that is causing the musical chairs, since not everyone is experiencing it. Maybe we can figure it out?

I have no mods at all in my game, and I am using the Maxi restaurants with no customization. For the people with musical chairs problems, what kind of set-up are you using? If using bars and custom restaurants is the problem it would help for EA to know that, so it can be fixed.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I just took my family of 8 out to eat and they only got up to use the restroom. I'm going to try taking a single Sim or couple now and see how it works.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    kirajmp wrote: »
    I haven't had this problem at all. I've sent several families & couples out to restaurants, and they all stay seated and talk to the people they came with. Occasionally they will get up to go to the bathroom, but they always return to the seat that they left.

There must be something going on that some people are doing differently that is causing the musical chairs, since not everyone is experiencing it. Maybe we can figure it out?

I have no mods at all in my game, and I am using the Maxi restaurants with no customization. For the people with musical chairs problems, what kind of set-up are you using? If using bars and custom restaurants is the problem it would help for EA to know that, so it can be fixed.

It is probably just random.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I just took 4 Sims out for dinner (second time I take Sims to restaurants) and it all went smoothly (unlike in my first try). The only difference with the first time was that this time it wasn't a date, but 4 siblings catching up. So I don't know what could be.
    Also, I don't have mods or CC, in case it helps the investigation.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i havent had anyone in my parties get up or walk around, i did though have one sim leave for work with out prompting

i will say i do not have free will on i think this makes a difference.
  • Options
    GentleSimmer1990GentleSimmer1990 Posts: 125 Member
    Hello everybody!

I've been playing for 2 hours now, no problems with musical chairs at all and I love it. What an improvement! However, one time ordered a second round of nektar and the waiter left me waiting for 5 hours.

My only complain is sims eat and drink too fast. Eeverything else feels so much better than in Sims 2 since the system is so much more flexible due to multitasking. Thank you Maxis and EA!
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    i havent had anyone in my parties get up or walk around, i did though have one sim leave for work with out prompting

This does actually make a huge difference :) Sims won't chat with each other unless you prompt them to and definitely won't stand up or do anything else ubless you tell them otherwise.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Hm. If it's not bars, maybe it's free will? I'm going back to work but this is worth checking out, by someone not me :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    edited June 2016

I've only had one family go out for a meal so far, but there was a bar on the lot and I had no issues.

They got shown to their table, all of them sat together, they chatted together while they waited for their meals and then they all ate together. Nobody left the table until they'd finished eating, and that was only because they got called to school and the hubby to work.

Edit: I also have free will on.
  • Options
    xxLeilaaxxLeilaa Posts: 57 Member
    I, too, play with free will off and my Sims do not walk away. Just went on a date with an unplayed Sim and he only went to the bathroom to come back to the table after that.

I would strongly suggest playing with free will off when possible, as this will solve many problems like musical chairs.
  • Options
    LumiJubiLumiJubi Posts: 9 New Member
    The sims in the restaurant I have definitely are playing some musical chairs as well as walking around with plates of food in their hands ! :c
    I'm using one of the pre-made lots as well just to see if this system works. My manager sim also stole a plate of food from a customer, gah so frustrating! I'll turn free-will off so hopefully that'll help this disaster.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Okay so from a little test run i've found its only happening in the restaurant I own, the npc ones seem to be working fine. Has anyone noticed it happening on npc run lots?
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    xxLeilaa wrote: »
    I, too, play with free will off and my Sims do not walk away. Just went on a date with an unplayed Sim and he only went to the bathroom to come back to the table after that.

I would strongly suggest playing with free will off when possible, as this will solve many problems like musical chairs.

But aren't you getting tired of work arounds for bugs? I always play with free will on and I'd now have to turn it off to make the pack play correctly?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2016
    LunaNova wrote: »
    Okay so from a little test run i've found its only happening in the restaurant I own, the npc ones seem to be working fine. Has anyone noticed it happening on npc run lots?

The time that happened to me it was in a Maxis restaurant run by NPCs. But since then, it hasn't happened again so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    LumiJubiLumiJubi Posts: 9 New Member
    LunaNova wrote: »

As far as NPC lots go, the only thing that has happened to with my sims were them chatting to other tables to the point where I'd have to cancel the action myself but nothing too crazy.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I currently have 34 friends dining out and one of them just wandered off to talk to the people at the next table and another got up to browse the web, leaving his wife just sitting there alone.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    My sim got up to go to the bathroom but that was it so far. Otherwise they've stayed in their seats.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    xxLeilaa wrote: »

But aren't you getting tired of work arounds for bugs? I always play with free will on and I'd now have to turn it off to make the pack play correctly?
    sorry :( something to consider is just turning it off for restaurants or part of the time at the restaurant.

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I've also encountered wandering sims. They seem to be assigned their seats, but get up and wander, talk, get water from the sink, and stand around before sitting down. The ones wandering around become dissatisfied because of their wait, but the waitress can't even take their order so it's a little buggy.

Wait staff plays on their phones constantly, but maybe that will change as they improve on their job.