Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Musical Chairs!

We still have them even in Dine Out. Don't get your hopes up, the supposed "patch" for fixing the bug since 6 months ago still hasn't arrived.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I just saw LGR's review and sims were getting up to drink their drinks and the sitting down. Sounds like it's kind of a mess.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I noticed this to. My family all sat down for there meal then a few decided to go mingle while eating and chat at another table argh!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I just saw LGR's review and sims were getting up to drink their drinks and the sitting down. Sounds like it's kind of a mess.

I hope they get this fixed. They didn't do that in the livestream. Maybe it's random and doesn't happen all the time.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    My sim got up, grabbed her food and drink then walked to an empty spot and ate and drank standing up lol
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    They said it was fixed only while dining in a restaurant.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

It wasn't though :dizzy:
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

I hope they get this fixed. They didn't do that in the livestream. Maybe it's random and doesn't happen all the time.
    I saw a bit of it in the live stream, where a sim stood up with a drink then sat back down. That's what they panned away from in the stream
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    That's unfortunate
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    My sims didn't get up and neither did the Sims they visited with. However my sim's sister arrived after them and set down at a neighbouring table and kept joining their conversation which was a bit annoying.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'd like to know if they fixed the "meet your date only to have them wave and disappear" bug.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Hm...weird.
    My sims have been out twice and they didn't get up the first time, nor did other sims.

The second time, my sim got up to talk to another sim then sat back down.
    I'm not really having problems with this at all in my game.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

It wasn't though :dizzy:

Wow. I'm not suprised, though. Seeing how we got a previous "fix" for musical chairs that never worked.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

I saw a bit of it in the live stream, where a sim stood up with a drink then sat back down. That's what they panned away from in the stream

Lol, it's not the first time they panned away during a live stream to keep us from seeing glitches. Gotta make that sale. o:)
  • Options
    To be fair, customers at the restaurant have sat there butts down at the right table with family members for most of the time. It's not has bad as other community lots, but when they do decide to play musical chairs I've had a hard time getting them to "sit together" as action cancels out.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2016
    I just had my sim couple go on a date to a restaurant and they stayed put the entire time. My one sim did get up to use the restroom but he sat right back down at his designated spot. So far I haven't had any problems with musical chairs.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    My family stayed seated as well. Well, beside a little trip to the bathroom. I do noticed when I send a single sim, they walk and talk more with others.
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    A couple of my sims stood up every time they took a drink. Most of them did not.
  • Options
    I have noticed just now townies reading books while at the table. When food comes the host steals the books never to return!
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    My sims get up during meals, won't return to tables (I have to call them over). Some sims you dine with won't eat the food ordered. You have to move the food they didn't eat to make room for dessert. Sometimes when ordering a second meal, the waiter won't bring the food. That's my complains so far...
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2016
    I just took a couple out on a date to a restaurant. At the beginning they were all over the place, standing up, chatting with other tables, sitting again, standing up again to chat to each other, etc It was really frustrating to watch.
    Eventually they just both sat and then everything went as it should go. They didn't chat to other tables nor stand up again until they paid the bill to leave.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh lord my sim just walked up to a random table and started eating someone elses dinner! She snaffled it right from under their nose!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Not surprised. At all.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    We still have them even in Dine Out. Don't get your hopes up, the supposed "patch" for fixing the bug since 6 months ago still hasn't arrived.

Yes, and it's awful! I took a couple to the restaurant for a date. Big mistake :( She spent all her time socializing with everybody except her boyfriend. It was really frustrating. She wouldn't sit down. She just picked up her drink and chatted with the people at the other tables.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I haven't noticed this unless there is a bar on the lot. Before I added a bar my sims customers where all sitting and chatting, occasionally getting up to go to the loo. Otherwise I haven't noticed it!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    So far for me its a bit of a mess. Some stay seated but I had other sims sanding and eating and another moving from the bar to the table with their meal. This was just a few hours of my rest. being open.