Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need crazy mod ideas.

Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
edited June 2016 in General Mods Discussion
I've been wanting to create a new Mod for the sims 4 for a while now but I'm out of ideas ...
I created "The Cursed Painting Mod" in the past & I loved what I did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPuj8yHhhe0
I need some ideas for gameplay mods that uses an object & new interactions / buffs / broadcaster / reactions .
I will be very thankful <3
Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg

Comments

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    How about an enchanted mirror? Depending on the mirror's response to "Am I the fairest one of all?", the Sim could get a Confident moodlet or an Angry moodlet.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • iAnimeFreakiAnimeFreak Posts: 66 Member
    Aren't you the one who did the Demonic Powers mod for the sims 3?
    And I like @SimsILikeSim 's idea very much, but we should also add in the chance for an embarrassed moodlet. :)
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    How about an enchanted mirror? Depending on the mirror's response to "Am I the fairest one of all?", the Sim could get a Confident moodlet or an Angry moodlet.

This is awesome ! I really like this idea. thank You
    Aren't you the one who did the Demonic Powers mod for the sims 3?
    And I like @SimsILikeSim 's idea very much, but we should also add in the chance for an embarrassed moodlet. :)

Yes :) , glad You know it.
    that would be great !
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I have some ideas but I don't know if I can share them here
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member

LOL ! Pegi 17 ?
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

LOL ! Pegi 17 ?

Lol nothing too risqué mainly violent
  • NaedalfNaedalf Posts: 1 New Member
    I have no idea how to make a Mod myself, but i have had some ideas while playing. Hope they will inspire anyone, and if anyone makes one of these, please notify me, i need them!! :dizzy:

1: Teleporting. I don't know if there is one of these already, but i really felt the need for making my sim teleport around the lot, especially if you have a time-limit on the stuff you have to do (like getting ready in the morning, being the host at an event, so on.) so like, when you press the ground and it says "walk here" and "jog here", it could say "teleport here" and they might spin around like they do when they age up.

2: Emotion objects. Again, i dont know if there already is some, but i feel the need for a discrede object, like a lamp og a light-switch (something you can have i every room, without it looking stupid, but still reachable), that offers every emotion instead of only one. like, if one of your sims has to meet up for school focused at 8 o'clock and the other has to go to work feeling inspired at 12 o'clock, you could change the emotion in the whole house to make sure that your sim will meet up with that emotion.

3: Platform for stairs. We all know that the stairs in Sims go straight up and down, no turning. And i would incredibly much like some shaped stairs (without wasting a whole floor-level) so i was thinking a platform in-between, that you could place stairs on, so that they will get an l-shape, u-shape or a spiral kind of thing, whatever you want. So, like a "floating platform" in 1x1 you could place against the wall or in the middle of a room, you could adjust the height of, fittingly to the steps of the stairs maby, and you could actually walk up and down on it. Then it might have the same effect as floor, being able to "put floor on it" if you know what i mean...

Hope someone who knows what they are doing will take my ideas and make something great :)
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey, it's you again! I'd be glad to help you out again, I've thought of an idea for a mod already. I just never modded The Sims before so I couldn't make it.

As something for people who don't own any packs, you could make a mod that adds magical orbs. So if a Sim has one of those in their inventory, they can use the associated abilities. Range doesn't matter. Not usable autonomously.
    Fire Orb = set the ground on fire (like fire ghosts), evaporate puddles, cook cookable objects in your inventory, just spawn a fire in their hand (maybe a new animation or something for this one; mostly for screenshots but could also scare other Sims away)
    Water Orb = clean things up, create puddles, create an infinitely deep puddle under a Sim (like "drown in pee" from Book of Chaos)
    Electricity Orb = destroy appliances, cause electric shocks on Sims (two shocks kill, so this is a useful weapon)
    Plant Orb = Let a plant grow fruit instantly, kill a plant or only its fruit instantly, turn Sims into PlantSims (including yourself), maybe kill PlantSims (but not normal ones)
    That's just some possibilities. You could put the orbs in buy mode by the way, they'd fit under "Hobbies and Abilities".

Such a mod would be an amazing addition for those who want to play with magic easily. And those who want to burn their neighbours. Guess which I am >:)
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    Mysterious Midnight Channel: TV channel that only available at 12.00 AM - 1.00 AM. Sims that watching this channel eventually will die in 13 days. To prevent the death, sims must uncover the secret behind mysterious midnight channel (only the mod author know but to make better gameplay its better be secret lol).
  • DrDrengusDrDrengus Posts: 11 New Member
    This is a gameplay mod idea that I just posted on another forum. It has to do with how objects and activities are all just as fun to every sim. And things like computers and tvs and woodworking tables are so 'fun' that everyone gravitates directly to them in a really artificial way...

The app would make the fun rating of objects NOT increase the likelihood of a sim doing something until they've already done it at least once. So to start with they'd be naive and everything would be just as fun. And the more you make your sim do something the more fun they get out of it. It'd be like they formed habits, and could be very different from sim to sim. It could be capped, so that the most fun something could be would be like the TV is now - that way it wouldn't break the gameplay, just give sims some variety.
  • jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    This is a gameplay mod idea that I just posted on another forum. It has to do with how objects and activities are all just as fun to every sim. And things like computers and tvs and woodworking tables are so 'fun' that everyone gravitates directly to them in a really artificial way...

The app would make the fun rating of objects NOT increase the likelihood of a sim doing something until they've already done it at least once. So to start with they'd be naive and everything would be just as fun. And the more you make your sim do something the more fun they get out of it. It'd be like they formed habits, and could be very different from sim to sim. It could be capped, so that the most fun something could be would be like the TV is now - that way it wouldn't break the gameplay, just give sims some variety.

If variety is what you're looking for, wouldn't we want to set some kind of diminishing returns on fun with the same thing so eventually the sim gets bored with it, and perhaps a boost for things they haven't done in awhile?
    Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Um...Man eating hot dogs??

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    I have never been able to make a mod, but here is my idea:
    So, it's a Wall Wings mod (change it to a different name. Im terrible at naming :blush: ) . You can place a framed pair of wings that come in the colors gold, silver, red, and bronze on the wall. You can view the different colored wings on the wall to change your Sim's mood. Gold makes your Sim confident or flirty for 24 hours. Silver makes your Sim mischievous or angry for 24 hours, and finally Bronze makes your sim inspired or focused for 24 hours. It is just out of random if you get one or the other emotion. But red is different. If your Sim views it, he/she will want to exercise non-stop. They will constantly have the energized emotion and their energy need will deplete way slower. To stop this reaction to red you can order and eat a pizza and then take a nap once you finish.
    i like anime and stuff
  • beanlynchbeanlynch Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know if this is "crazy" enough but I'm looking for makeup that changes the skin color of the whole body. I have a character whose skin color I wish to be a different color but for only one outfit choice (in this case green but I could see a natural color being used as well). It stands to reason that if there was something like this it would probably be under the makeup category, and presumably Facepaint is the only one that wouldn't limit other makeup options.

If there is anything like this out there I haven't been able to find it yet.
  • knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    One mod I would like to see is for pets. I would like to see more natural things, like things to climb around in or on. Cat trees could be modded into stacks of rocks with little crevices and moss growing on it. Cats could sleep in it or play in it, but it looks like part of the surroundings. Anything that looks natural that a sim or pet could use is really cool to me right now.
  • k12345adenk12345aden Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi, I'm sorry to post this here but I guess new members can't make new posts which is an asinine rule. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any mods where I can see NPC family trees? MCC is nice for seeing parents and immediate children but I would like to see more than that.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Maybe you could do something with cats and dogs. Maybe a mod that you can order your dog or cat to attack other people Lol.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    > @k12345aden said:
    > Hi, I'm sorry to post this here but I guess new members can't make new posts which is an asinine rule. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any mods where I can see NPC family trees? MCC is nice for seeing parents and immediate children but I would like to see more than that.

Hey! You don't need a mod for that. Family trees are under the simology tab in the game (the face on the bottom right) and there should be a family tree icon
  • Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    > @k12345aden said:
    > Hi, I'm sorry to post this here but I guess new members can't make new posts which is an asinine rule. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any mods where I can see NPC family trees? MCC is nice for seeing parents and immediate children but I would like to see more than that.

Hey! You don't need a mod for that. Family trees are under the simology tab in the game (the face on the bottom right) and there should be a family tree icon

Think he means the ability to see family trees of sims not active. Master Controller in Sims 3 was pretty nifty in that aspect.
  • speedycatroxspeedycatrox Posts: 58 Member
    > @saphnael said:
    > Mysterious Midnight Channel: TV channel that only available at 12.00 AM - 1.00 AM. Sims that watching this channel eventually will die in 13 days. To prevent the death, sims must uncover the secret behind mysterious midnight channel (only the mod author know but to make better gameplay its better be secret lol).

This is one of few mod ideas over the years that I've read that is both ingenius and practical. Some people come up with too practical of an idea, others come up with wayyyyyy too eccentric that I wouldn't use them. This? I'd be so down.
  • speedycatroxspeedycatrox Posts: 58 Member
    > @k12345aden said:

Agreed. I actually have been on these threads since 2011(!!!!!) and usually liked to read and now I just redownloaded the Sims because #winterbreak and found this again... and wanted to make a thread.... only to find I'm not allowed to. So here I go, trying to make the "minimum" requirement, eh?
  • LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    a unicorn stress ball for human sims but pets could use it too?
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I had this idea, as i thought it would be good for stories but now it seems wayyyy too edgy and depressing (i won't say what it is, i don't think that's allowed).

I like Simsilikesims's idea on the enchanted mirror.

I also like LaziMinx's idea on the stress ball. Maybe it could have more variants then just a unicorn? Even though unicorns are awesome :D

I also really like Crownsim's idea on the pets attacking other people. Maybe you can train pets to do stuff like attacking and more "better for the EV mod" stuff.

Also, i love your mods :smiley: The violence mod really put some story in my legacy challenge :sweat_smile:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    edited December 2017
    I would like to see a band mod,
    with the lack of drums nothing seems to be able to be done about that as of yet
    but like have more guitar animations like in sims 3 where they could bust a cool move and where a singer can grab the mike stand and sing into it.,
    and maybe give the audience some buffs if they like it where they can unlock some new sort of interaction.

it would work in great with your road to fame mod after it is fleshed out also.

one idea guitarist with high skill can dance while playing depending on their skill level,mainly would like to see more animation to guitar in general.

thanks for the mods you have already released I been using extreme violence and road to fame mods definitely game changers :)

singers need some more animations also
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Dramatic-Gamer said:
    > I've been wanting to create a new Mod for the sims 4 for a while now but I'm out of ideas ...
    > I created "The Cursed Painting Mod" in the past & I loved what I did
    >
    > I need some ideas for gameplay mods that uses an object & new interactions / buffs / broadcaster / reactions .
    > I will be very thankful <3

it's simply amazing..