Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mods/modding

Hi there :) I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a modding forum where they still take requests. I'm pretty sure what I'm looking for would either be insanely easy or not achievable (a consignment register that only sells what the user puts up for consignment.) But the two places I normally look for mods are no longer open to mod requests

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The consignment register does only sell what you put up for consignment doesn't it..? That's how my painter sold his paintings; only the ones he wanted to sell.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I think @AbellaKellaher means the only items available for sale are what the user puts up for sale (i.e., the random gems, paintings, books, etc. don't show up).

As to that, no I don't know where you can find a mod like that. I know of one that opens up the range of items available to sell with a consignment register. Have you tried the seller's cart with the outdoor marketplace available from the store?
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    On a similar theme to what @MoonandStars83 mentioned, you may want to take a look at Ani's Produce Cart mod hosted on our site. It's not consignment, it's outright sale of goods, but the player staffing it chooses what to stock it with.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Produce+Stand
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have the produce stand already. I haven't used it but from what I understand it's produce only, right? I really wanted it for nectar more than anything. Built a beautiful nectary/live venue/fancy restaurant (with the Business as Usual Bistro oven) and it irks me when low quality nectar is being sold and there's nothing I can do about it. I know sims aren't *really* buying the items on the nectar menu, but it still bugs me lol.
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    I think @AbellaKellaher means the only items available for sale are what the user puts up for sale (i.e., the random gems, paintings, books, etc. don't show up).

This is exactly right yes :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    You can stock the inventory/for sale containers like the produce cart with just about anything your sims have purchased or created themselves using Ani's mods and the inactive sims really do own and can use what they buy. I have one in the lobby of my "hotel" (really a very large residential lot that looks like a hotel) where guests can purchase (and eat, when they are hungry) baked goods my sims have themselves prepared and buy copies of the artwork they may have seen hanging in their rooms the night before, souvenirs, stuff like that. I set this up all way before bakeries, savvy seller, and IP resorts were even available to us.

Without mods, they do not really own these items after purchase and there are more limits as to how the sale of items and which ones can be done.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net