Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IP Resort Rug

columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
I used to have the Resort rug but lost it in a hard drive crash. :( I went to Sim3legacies site where the instructions said I had to request it. I did so and didn't hear back so I did so again. Never heard back. At all. I then went to TSR or MTS and posted on there my difficulties and asked if anyone could put me onto another rug somewhere else since Misty was no longer communicating. I got a nasty censor from the Mod saying I was breaking the rules by asking people to send me the rug, which I wasn't, and they took down my post. Some people.....

Anyway, Sim3legacies is now completely defunct and apparently Misty is the only one to tackle this rug. Without breaking any rules on a game that has been unsupported for a couple of years now for an item that was offered free of charge, does anyone know if the rug is being sponsored anywhere else? I had downloaded a couple of custom resorts that require the rug, as well as wanting to build my own for my small western world.

Thx.

Comments

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I was able to download the resort rug just now

http://simsl3gacies.com/downloads/
  • Options
    Really? I get a 403 page.
  • Options
    columbia93 wrote: »
    Really? I get a 403 page.

Hmmm, I don't know too much about those error codes. I've downloaded Misty's stuff before and she's very cool. It may take a minute for her to get all requests done. But the resort rug is there.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I can't even get on the site.

Don't know about "cool" but I requested the rug a few times over a 2-3 week period quite a while ago (like a year?) and she never, ever responded. (There were a couple of other people doing the same thing and also complaining about getting no response.) I finally sent an "is anybody there" post and now I remember the connection went dead soon after. I thought the site closed but now, seeing that you are getting in to her, I recall the site mentioned over and over about being ripped off and I'm guessing her paranoia led her to block me. I have no idea why since I was merely following orders! I'm a middle aged women who's been playing The Sims since inception and haven't enough computer savvy to rip anyone off, nor do I have a site or offer any of my stuff for download.

Well, I guess it's good to know that the site is still functioning but I will not be getting that rug. Disappointing to discover that making a request as specified would cause someone to take steps to ban me from her site. I'm sorry for her that she had trouble with people claiming her goods as their own but that wasn't me and I guess I'll never know why she didn't ever respond in the first place. Thanks for clearing this up....

• Options
    You can try Googling 403 error codes and try some of the fixes. I'm not really a techy at all and I don't remember what steps I took in the past to get past those codes on other sites. But I never had issues w/ Misty's site before. :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,323 Member
    Maybe try to clear out your browser history and try the link again as I am able to access the site with no problem. Or try using a different internet browser.
  • Options
    When I found out the site is still up, I played back to that time when I made the request and the whole weird thing of being blocked after not receiving a response from her. I remember her site was full of "rants" about being ripped of and taking her balls and going home so I guess my requests triggered something and she blocked me instead of simply honoring the request or at least letting me know she wouldn't honor it. I have no idea why but, like I said, there were other people on that post asking the same thing. She obviously wasn't in a good place at that time - her site now is much nicer. BTW, I guess I showed her because I just went to a friend and used their computer to get the items! :P I'll be sure to burn those files so I don't have to go through this again. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. :)