Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Age pauses when Pregnant

Hey!
I'm so confused, does age pause when pregnant? I'm sure it does and if it does, is there a way to resolve it? I'm 99.99% sure it didnt before the patch, I wish this didnt happen as Bob and Eliza have a massive age gap between them now :(:'(
I am the champion, my friend

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 4 always did this since day 1.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    @Writin_Reg I never noticed this before, its super dissapointing...
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Yes.

The sim who gets pregnant will stop aging for the duration of the pregnancy. I wish they would fix it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I know - Sims 4 has a number of things that has tends to irk me. LOL.

Perhaps you can find one of the cheats that can make Bob a bit younger. I believe there are a few potions and such that can anyway. I have never tried anything like that in Sims 4 so far - but I have seen other post about a few. I am not sure if you buy them or make them or both. But at least you may be able to make him a bit closer in age to his wife.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Eliza is a YA and her child is 6 days from YA, it just makes no sense to me. This should be next thing in a patch, I have no idea about coding but I dont think it would take any more than 3 months x
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Sims don't age during pregnancy so that they don't become elders :) It's been this way in other iterations of the game too I believe
  • Options
    Sims don't age during pregnancy so that they don't become elders :) It's been this way in other iterations of the game too I believe

Actually in previous games they couldn't get preggers when they were too close to becoming elder - that is how they dealt with that previously. Also if a sim was set to have a birthday while preggers that would not happen until the baby was delivered.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Once the sim in pregnant, go into the options and pause the aging for everyone. The pregnancy will still go on as usual. When the baby is born restore the aging for everyone. Since you already have a huge gap, I can only suggest you to use the youth potions on all your Sims to reset to the first day of their life stage.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Actually in previous games they couldn't get preggers when they were too close to becoming elder - that is how they dealt with that previously. Also if a sim was set to have a birthday while preggers that would not happen until the baby was delivered.

So thats where I got that idea from then. Bit too much sims 2 methinks! @The_SimScraper That doesnt really make much sense when they are YA though x
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Once the sim in pregnant, go into the options and pause the aging for everyone. The pregnancy will still go on as usual. When the baby is born restore the aging for everyone. Since you already have a huge gap, I can only suggest you to use the youth potions on all your Sims to reset to the first day of their life stage.

Thank you for that suggestion!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can always choose to age Eliza whenever you age Bob. Or just before/after if you don't want them exactly the same age. Just throw a birthday party for her when you are ready.
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    I agree that age should ONLY be paused if the pregnant sim is about to age up to elder, because elders can't give birth.

Which just gave me an idea. This will never be added to the game because it's a pretty horrible thing, but since elders can die from woohoo it would be a cool(not really the word I'm looking for) thing if an elder could die from giving birth if she aged up to elder before the baby was born. So you have to plan a little. But.... it's pretty horrible. Could be a mod though!
  • Options
    @Nette Thats such a cool idea! Someone needs to make a mod for that x
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    MC Command Center has an option for disabling the age pause on pregnancy (for those who use mods)
    I don't like it either, my one sim had two kids not far from each other before I realized it paused the aging, and she was still a YA while her husband was like halfway through adult and her twin brothers were much older than her too
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Another vote for MC command, just be warned if you have auto pregnancy enabled it's possible to have an adult due to age get pregnant (see Moira Fyres below)

rcwedding9moira.jpg

They've always stopped aging when pregnant for me, since the day I installed the game.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Nette wrote: »
    I agree that age should ONLY be paused if the pregnant sim is about to age up to elder, because elders can't give birth.

Which just gave me an idea. This will never be added to the game because it's a pretty horrible thing, but since elders can die from woohoo it would be a cool(not really the word I'm looking for) thing if an elder could die from giving birth if she aged up to elder before the baby was born. So you have to plan a little. But.... it's pretty horrible. Could be a mod though!

I would think the aging up while pregnant would have been an issue with the spinning into a different outfit in previous games - as to why they made them wait to age up. Not sure why in Sims 4. Also in past games once the sim was within 6 days of aging to elder the option to try for a baby did not come to the adult female Sims period (as well as elder alien abducted male Sims couldn't conceive) - so it was not even an issue in previous sims games.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SimplyRedSimplyRed Posts: 41 Member
    I wondered why my husband and wife had a 15 day age gap although I created them at the same time. This is my first couple and pregnancy in the game, so I had no idea aging paused during pregnancy.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh my god! Seriously?! I had no idea that happened!! I wonder if that's why when I would put my mouse over my legacy sims age bar when she was pregnant the days til she never came up, and why the bar was full but nothing was happening. Mind blown!
    Post edited by SkewedReality04 on
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I never realized this happened, but now it makes soo much sense how my mom in my legacy lasted so much longer then her husband. This is a really weird feature, I always just thought it happened before the mom became an elder.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member
    In The Sims 2, if a sim was 5 days or less from becoming an elder, they couldn't concieve without cheats. In The Sims 3, pregnant sims would always age unless they were 0 days from age transitioning.

I wish sims could age from YA to A while pregnant and of sims who are pregnant become elders it can be like a misscarriage only the game doesn't have to treat is as such, it's just poof, the elder isn't pregnant anymore. In TS2 if you fail using the elixer of life on a pregnant sim, you can risk aging them into elder and the game will do just that, the pregnancy is terminated without the sorrow that comes with it.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I know a fair few women who wish this happened in real life.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    It's done this way so that adult sims don't become elders during their pregnancies. It has always been this way. :)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    Interesting, I never paid attention to that before so since I had a pregnant Sim in game already I checked it. Sure enough my Sims spouse was a few days older than my pregnant Sim and I created them at the same time in CAS.

Now I'll just be sure to turn aging off when my Sim conceives again so that the age gap won't get any larger. :)
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    I've had a weird bug in my Legacy save regarding the age freeze when pregnant...

It's happened twice now:
    My primary wife would be pregnant.
    I'd save the game and exit the game to go eat dinner.
    I load back in, and all of a sudden it's her birthday.
    Like 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

first time she was 17 days away from aging. Today she was 15 days away..
    but nope, loaded back in and it was her b-day.. so I had to age her back down.

I normally play with aging off, and doing a legacy for a change of pace.. so I don't know if it's a new bug or an old one, but I did do a repair with the latest patch so I don't know..

Now I'm terrified to get her pregnant if I don't have time to sit until she delivers the kid.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

Thank you so much for this. I was getting quite upset with the age gap. I am playing a made up game for myself where I can see how many babies a sim can have with a short lifespan. Hopefully I can somehow sort the aging with your suggestion ;)