This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Are Patch Features Really Optional?

Comments

  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited June 2016
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.

    just stop playing. EA doesn't want you as a customer and will consider creepy as hatespeech.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    To answer the question ...

    Are patch features really optional.

    No. You must download the patch to update the game. Therefore, patches themselves and the content that come with it are not optional. You must have them for the game itself.

    However.

    It is optional for you to use. Just like 'woohoo in bush'. It is there, but you don't have to use it at all ... it is an optional woohoo spot besides the bed or the cooking 'grilled cheese'. If you have a dislike for grilled cheese, there are many other dishes your sim can cook. That is all up to you.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.
    Really? Calling other people's way of life creepy and disturbing because you don't understand it? Can you refrain from such comments? Or do you need to repeat them over and over?

    I feel like the "creepy and disturbing" is becoming the motto of this patch for some of y'all.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.

    B O O. H O O.
    Nice that you are respecting peoples opinions about this it is very refreshing.

    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    bruuutbruuut Posts: 790 Member
    I wish i could turn the patch of
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited June 2016
    Amiutza wrote: »
    No no, the fact that those sims exist in the gallery without the option to filter them out. However I haven't seen a filter requested for tiny waist, big chest and behind, underwear women. Not passing any judgment, making an observation though.

    Actually I wouldn't mind a filter for that. :p Especially the ones with tons of CC in them that somehow bypass the No CC filter.

  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited June 2016
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.

    B O O. H O O.
    Nice that you are respecting peoples opinions about this it is very refreshing.

    I absolutely don't respect your "opinion". I love that people in this day and age are still medieval hatemongers- it's very refreshing.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    just because downloading a patch isn't optional, all the features are.

    spoiler! it takes a lot of clicking to use the new features in cas.
    without the extra clicking, cas is business as usual
    so yes, you the user have to click to use it. The content may be in your game, but you don't have to click it.

    as for the gallery nonsense, get over it. The gallery is where the community as a whole expresses itself.
    just propose new hashtags to filter content for what you want. like #feminine #masculine etc

    I've seen some odd things on the gallery, and some cool things. always been that way.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.
    Really? Calling other people's way of life creepy and disturbing because you don't understand it? Can you refrain from such comments? Or do you need to repeat them over and over?

    I feel like the "creepy and disturbing" is becoming the motto of this patch for some of y'all.
    I said the gallery is creepy and disturbing not anyone on the forum you misread that.

    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.
    Really? Calling other people's way of life creepy and disturbing because you don't understand it? Can you refrain from such comments? Or do you need to repeat them over and over?

    I feel like the "creepy and disturbing" is becoming the motto of this patch for some of y'all.
    I said the gallery is creepy and disturbing not anyone on the forum you misread that.

    oh please- your point was well understood.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,178 Member
    edited June 2016
    It seems this thread is going the same route as the other deleted threads... I've been reading them all actually and they all seem to go down the same way...

    Also, the new stuff in the update is optional, you can avoid everything and all the things simmers have already said A LOT of times... I don't think there's any use repeating that because it always gets the same response... :unamused:
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    I don't understand, do you mean you would like to see a filter in the Gallery that will allow you to search for sims that are feminine or masculine?

    I think that's what she means. It would be a good idea for Maxis to add a filter for that, to avoid upsetting those with a delicate constitution.
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    :| If only people could state their opinions in a respectful way instead of an offensive way.

    Until EA devises some way to make entire patches optional (bug fixes and all), which I doubt because people want those fixes, the closest they can do is make some content in a patch optional. Which is what they did
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    :| If only people could state their opinions in a respectful way instead of an offensive way.

    Until EA devises some way to make entire patches optional (bug fixes and all), which I doubt because people want those fixes, the closest they can do is make some content in a patch optional. Which is what they did

    there is no way to state an opinion that degrades LGBTQ as a group of people that exist and not be offensive.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.
    Really? Calling other people's way of life creepy and disturbing because you don't understand it? Can you refrain from such comments? Or do you need to repeat them over and over?

    I feel like the "creepy and disturbing" is becoming the motto of this patch for some of y'all.
    I said the gallery is creepy and disturbing not anyone on the forum you misread that.

    Please, tell me again how finding the gallery creepy and disturbing does not reflect on your feelings towards that particular community.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    tolerance and respect is a two way street, everyone's entitled to their opinion and the way they live their lives. Calling someone intolerant and mocking them because you don't agree makes you no better
    Personally I like it but id have settled for a colour wheel
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    Amiutza wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.
    Really? Calling other people's way of life creepy and disturbing because you don't understand it? Can you refrain from such comments? Or do you need to repeat them over and over?

    I feel like the "creepy and disturbing" is becoming the motto of this patch for some of y'all.
    I said the gallery is creepy and disturbing not anyone on the forum you misread that.

    People in the forums, here and now, uploaded what you called "creepy", so it's not like you didn't insult a part of them either way.

    Both you and @ASDF0716 are being really offensive towards other people. I don't care how conservative or "open minded/2016" you are or whatever you label yourselves and other people, just don't call names or make fun of each other.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    @FluffusCanarus

    love your forum sig by the way

    honestly, most arguments could be avoided had people read the OPTIONAL bit in the patch notes regarding the contents of the patch.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    You can always edit the sim you download if she/he is not to your liking. Also, you are welcome to suggest your idea in the idea forums about filters :)
    What you can do in the maintime to not see is.. well.. erm close your eyes or avoid it? Or get a friend to filter for you?
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    You lose nothing from this patch
    You can avoid changing the extra options in the drop down menus.
    You can avoid unisex clothing.
    The gallery thing, you'll just have to get over it.
    You lose nothing from this patch.
    Stop acting like you do.

    There wasn't this big of an outrage from Starwars outfits because people knew you could avoid using them.
    There is clearly something else you're upset about because to be upset about this alone is just ridiculous.
    First not everyone is fine and dandy with this patch and she is allowed to express her opinion like we all are.
    When did I say she couldn't express her opinion?
    So respect others opinions even if you think they are being a baby for not wanting it.
    Hmm, Idk calling something creepy and disturbing isn't exactly respecting it either soo...
    Also didn't say she was a baby for not wanting it. And I respected her opinion. I didn't tell her to shut up or to leave. The only thing I said is that it was ridiculous to be this upset over something that you don't have to use.
    That patch wasn't optional so the content isn't optional everyone got the content and most of us find it appalling that its in our games.
    It's in your game but do you have to use it? You act like you're obligated to use something.
    It's like you get a new HD TV installed in your house but you don't like it because it's a Samsung TV. And so you complain and complain about the TV, yet don't realize that 1.) You don't have to use it and 2.) You can just throw it in the attic and never have to see it again.

    Also, it's not most of us.
    It's a very few intolerant people that probably should stop playing the game if it bothers them that much. Just like people stopped playing because toddlers didn't come.

    Also calling something appalling isn't very respectful.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    With or without the patch, people will share their sims. I don't know of a way around this one. Maybe people will start using #nogenderchange or something as a hash tag.

    But maybe ask the devs for a filter. Go to wherever people make gallery requests and ask. That is far more productive than bashing people for enjoying the new content.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,455 Member
    edited June 2016
    This thread is starting to turn into a flame war...
    @SimGuruDrake
    @SimGuruBChick
    @SimStaffBethelle
    @SimStaffJessica
    @SimStaffGabriel
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,587 Member
    all i can say is not everyone has the same view about the patch sure we do not have a choice but to accept it but it do not change the fact that for some aspecaly if you look at other country thatt is something that would be forwn upon not every county are as open as the us or canada on said subjects
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.
    Really? Calling other people's way of life creepy and disturbing because you don't understand it? Can you refrain from such comments? Or do you need to repeat them over and over?

    I feel like the "creepy and disturbing" is becoming the motto of this patch for some of y'all.
    I said the gallery is creepy and disturbing not anyone on the forum you misread that.

    oh please- your point was well understood.
    First off you don't know me and I am perfectly fine with all of this in real life because its real life and everyone should be equal. What I am not ok with is that in a game that I play and I don't find that content necessary at all its not like sims are real and so who cares if they are discriminated against. I wouldn't want a real person to be because this is a free world we are allowed to be whoever we want to be. So you are very wrong that you think I am in the hate group. I am in the hate group over content in a game that isn't even real and doesn't represent anyone on the forum. We are all entitled to our opinions and that is mine.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.

    oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.
    Really? Calling other people's way of life creepy and disturbing because you don't understand it? Can you refrain from such comments? Or do you need to repeat them over and over?

    I feel like the "creepy and disturbing" is becoming the motto of this patch for some of y'all.
    I said the gallery is creepy and disturbing not anyone on the forum you misread that.

    oh please- your point was well understood.
    First off you don't know me and I am perfectly fine with all of this in real life because its real life and everyone should be equal. What I am not ok with is that in a game that I play and I don't find that content necessary at all its not like sims are real and so who cares if they are discriminated against. I wouldn't want a real person to be because this is a free world we are allowed to be whoever we want to be. So you are very wrong that you think I am in the hate group. I am in the hate group over content in a game that isn't even real and doesn't represent anyone on the forum. We are all entitled to our opinions and that is mine.

    sure sure. whatever helps you sleep at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top