This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Are Patch Features Really Optional?

Is it just me but the games patches seem to take away features for one group of people who enjoy the game by adding these new "optional" features. Sure the features are optional but you have to give up an aspect of the game you enjoy. This has been going on since the game is released and I am thinking about my position on the game.

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Is it just me but the games patches seem to take away features for one group of people who enjoy the game by adding these new "optional" features. Sure the features are optional but you have to give up an aspect of the game you enjoy. This has been going on since the game is released and I am thinking about my position on the game.

What aspect of the game do people have to give up because of this patch?
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I questioned the same thing yesterday. It doesn't seem to optional at all, which limits our specified or desired gameplay.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

The gallery apparently.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    What did you give up by gaining a filter/a few options?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    I questioned the same thing yesterday. It doesn't seem to optional at all, which limits our specified or desired gameplay.

How so? That's not a sarcastic comment. I am genuinely curious about this.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

How so? That's not a sarcastic comment. I am genuinely curious about this.

I'm curious as well. If you don't alter the default settings, nothing in the game changes.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    No patches aren't optional so you have to deal with getting the extra content you never asked for in your game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    If you don't click the ellipses under the gender icons you'll never see these options. Townies won't spawn with them either
    As for clothes you can filter them out by original gender. I can understand the gallery issue, but they'll probably add some more filters down the line since the update is still pretty new.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    They Gallery and downloading Sims. There is a filter for CC but not for this.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    played around with the new cas stuff and made a sim I like. Took a lot of clicking because the features are optional.

don't get me wrong, seen some "interesting" things on the gallery.. and then there's some cool things like Dr. Girlfriend from the Venture Bros out and about

I envision Taylor as a pianist.. just the way he looks

1d71738c-9aaa-4e3e-ad21-f4e0b20b79f2_zpsncuzmtfy.png

6cee5721-f6e6-483e-a4a1-c2954d747cd6_zps7c0uhiyo.png

0f8e9bc1-becb-41c4-9181-18a0990626f6_zpsgg3jspdp.png

2d799d60-daa6-4bb4-abaf-a4200d53e959_zps9zx8kz3e.png

I thought he looked good, but i guess some townies disagree like some of the forum populace.

63adeadd-b193-41a5-8229-c7b96eb1ef1f_zpsijpntenm.png
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »

The gallery apparently.

OH! People are talking about not being able to use the gallery if you refuse to install the patch? That's nothing new.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    The gallery is still there, you just have to search a bit more or hope EA patches it (eventually). It's still optional.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    No patches aren't optional so you have to deal with getting the extra content you never asked for in your game.

But you don't have to use the content. And avoiding it is very easy.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

The gallery apparently.

OH! People are talking about not being able to use the gallery if you refuse to install the patch? That's nothing new.

Nope. They're talking about seeing Sims with the new gender options and unisex CAS.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

The gallery apparently.

No no, the fact that those sims exist in the gallery without the option to filter them out. However I haven't seen a filter requested for tiny waist, big chest and behind, underwear women. Not passing any judgment, making an observation though.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member

But you don't have to use the content. And avoiding it is very easy.

If I could quote this a million times I would..

• Options
    mousemuffinmousemuffin Posts: 27 Member
    @ejoslin Or they're upset about the unique sims now on the gallery? Not quite sure.
  • Options
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

I don't understand, do you mean you would like to see a filter in the Gallery that will allow you to search for sims that are feminine or masculine?
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    You lose nothing from this patch
    You can avoid changing the extra options in the drop down menus.
    You can avoid unisex clothing.
    The gallery thing, you'll just have to get over it.
    You lose nothing from this patch.
    Stop acting like you do.

There wasn't this big of an outrage from Starwars outfits because people knew you could avoid using them.
    There is clearly something else you're upset about because to be upset about this alone is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

oh, give me a break! Your sensitive, intolerant, conservative eyes aren't going to melt if you happen to see a guy in a dress on the Gallery. I swear.
    Not everyone wants to see that in the gallery I find it creepy and disturbing and I never asked for this content in my game so I don't blame her for asking that question I would to.

B O O. H O O.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    I'm sure that some of the trending hashtags in the future might be #feminine #masculine
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Stop acting like you do.

There wasn't this big of an outrage from Starwars outfits because people knew you could avoid using them.
    There is clearly something else you're upset about because to be upset about this alone is just ridiculous.
    First not everyone is fine and dandy with this patch and she is allowed to express her opinion like we all are. So respect others opinions even if you think they are being a baby for not wanting it. That patch wasn't optional so the content isn't optional everyone got the content and most of us find it appalling that its in our games. We are allowed to feel that way because we play the game to and we don't play that way.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Stop acting like you do.

First not everyone is fine and dandy with this patch and she is allowed to express her opinion like we all are. So respect others opinions even if you think they are being a baby for not wanting it. That patch wasn't optional so the content isn't optional everyone got the content and most of us find it appalling that its in our games. We are allowed to feel that way because we play the game to and we don't play that way.

No tolerance of intolerance.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top