Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has turned out the sims 4

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Lols

Happy simming everyone! haha!

*goes to play with pregnany male sim*
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2016
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Here is something I said in another post to see my views and that I am not against the content I just wish it had been optional to put in my game.This is my thing that the patch and the content in the patch aren't optional. I realize that yes we don't have to use that option in the game. But we all want to have are games to have the fixes meaning basically you have to accept the extra content but if they would have given us a patch for bugs and a patch for the extra content this wouldn't be an issue and no one would be complaining. But as it is they are forcing the people who want the fixes to have the extra content to they didn't want in there game. If that makes more sense where I am coming from its not that I am against the content I just am don't like the new CAS is all.

Your argument doesn't make any sense other than that you are arguing for arguing sake. You don't like that they arbitrarily changed some code to unlock stuff for both genders and then made it so you don't actually have to see it?

It makes no sense other than that you are looking for an argument.

If your actual argument- as someone pointed out is that you don't like forced patches then, that's something else entirely and I'm sure there are other that would agree with you.
    I understand that its optional to use the content but what if for example they put something in the patch you really didn't want and when you are downloading the patch that means you accept the content they gave you because you want to fix your game. All I am trying to say is this wouldn't be a big issue if the patches were optional or they put 2 patches out for you to choose whether you want that in your game. I have already accepted the content but CAS and the gallery I am still not use to and that was my biggest problem. But I know like you said the content won't affect the game unless you let it.

I didn't want aliens. You still can't play without aliens. Deal with it or stop playing. Your argument still doesn't make sense- explaining it again doesn't make you more right than you were before.
    Aliens came in an expansion pack not a patch there are differences you could have just not bought the game. But how is it fair to force something on someone in a patch that is suppose to be for fixing bugs? I can't choose not to have my game patched.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Here is something I said in another post to see my views and that I am not against the content I just wish it had been optional to put in my game.This is my thing that the patch and the content in the patch aren't optional. I realize that yes we don't have to use that option in the game. But we all want to have are games to have the fixes meaning basically you have to accept the extra content but if they would have given us a patch for bugs and a patch for the extra content this wouldn't be an issue and no one would be complaining. But as it is they are forcing the people who want the fixes to have the extra content to they didn't want in there game. If that makes more sense where I am coming from its not that I am against the content I just am don't like the new CAS is all.

Your argument doesn't make any sense other than that you are arguing for arguing sake. You don't like that they arbitrarily changed some code to unlock stuff for both genders and then made it so you don't actually have to see it?

It makes no sense other than that you are looking for an argument.

If your actual argument- as someone pointed out is that you don't like forced patches then, that's something else entirely and I'm sure there are other that would agree with you.
    I understand that its optional to use the content but what if for example they put something in the patch you really didn't want and when you are downloading the patch that means you accept the content they gave you because you want to fix your game. All I am trying to say is this wouldn't be a big issue if the patches were optional or they put 2 patches out for you to choose whether you want that in your game. I have already accepted the content but CAS and the gallery I am still not use to and that was my biggest problem. But I know like you said the content won't affect the game unless you let it.

That's part of the terms of this game that you agree to. It's considered a 'live service' which means they are in control of implementing/altering or removing content whenever they see fit. You don't have to like it but that's the way it is and so your options are to ignore what you don't want and continue playing as normal or not.

The reason they do this is so they can easily implement features. This time round you have the option to avoid this feature entirely so you don't need to be bothered by it ever if you don't want to use it-that's not always been the case. If they have people on all different patch levels it will become impossible to expand the game without messing the game up for people.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Lols

Post pics!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    believe it or not ea there are still plenty of people out her that love tradition and that are old fashioned that still would enjoy a sims 1 and 2 feel with out all of this sadom and gomorrah stuff going on..i use to go to sims for relaxation after a long day at work or just needing to fantasize about a perfect family and neighborhood to live out my dreams a while.. now it is as scandalous as real life.. just gone crazy..
    sad that "traditional" and "old fashioned" basically means "intolerant of other groups of people" nowadays. you can still be traditional and accepting of other people

you might not know this but some simmers grewup during the 1970 80 and these where years where some things where not seen like they are today if you look at some countyrs such features are still frown upon these days i may be a concervative simmer but sometime nsuch feature by simmers of my generation might have trouble accepting such feature ingame ok end of history lesson and of my post since i have said what i had to say

The 1970s and 1980s were tame? Really? Have you ever seen the Rocky Horror Picture show? Listened to David Bowie? Madonna? I could go on and on and on. But one thing I've never heard those decades characterized before is tame.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2016
    Why all the unneccesary drama. If you do not want the features in your game you turn it to off. If you do not want to cross dress your sims you turn it off. If you do not want your male sims to pee sitting down, which they can do in rl, you turn it off. It you do not want your female sims to pee standing up, you turn it off. If you do not want male + male or female + female to have children, you turn it off. No more drama.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Lols

Post pics!

I definitely will!

He's on his third child with Wolfgang Munch :blush:
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

Toddlers are a fundamental aspect of being human. It is a life stage each and every one of us go through. The Sims is supposedly a life simulator, yet it lacks this life stage and instead has babies turning into fully grown children. The last two games had toddlers at launch. This is why toddlers trump all other content. You cannot have a full cradle to grave experience in this supposed life simulator game.

The people this new update is meant to pander to are a minuscule minority who are not the norm. The majority of us will be never be transgender or transvestites but we were all toddlers at some point.

I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all: toddlers, are missing from the game. Maxis have their priorities warped.

I view this update as a publicity stunt jumping on the whole trans wagon we are hearing constantly about.
    If maxis are so progressive why have they had to retroactively add this feature? Surely they would have created the game this way originally?

The fact that the game was not released this way, indicates to me that this is a publicity stunt.

Even if it is a publicity stunt, it's still an amazing thing. Yes, the lgbt community is a minority, but that's why it's so great that it has been recognized in one of the most known franchises.
    The norm gets cared to everywhere, all the time. Finally people who don't have as many options are given one. I just can not see this as a bad thing, no matter the reason behind it.

Not to mention, there is literally no proof that they opted for this instead of any other feature.

I am not against the update at all, but I am very annoyed that they prioritised this over things the game is severely lacking. To me, this publicity stunt feels cheap and tacky. I don't buy their sincerity. I believe if they truly wanted to be inclusive and felt that it was important to have these options, they would have been there at launch. It doesn't make any sense that if they planned this all along to add it two years later, having to go back over work they have already completed as it is not productive and one would assume not cost effective.

They have jumped on the band wagon.
    Let me put it this way, they couldn't even have pools when the base game released, let alone something like this. I completely get your point, as I've said earlier, I'd even take a new staircase right now and be happy with it, but all of my desires pale in comparison to what this means, sincere or not. I am not calling you or anyone selfish, that's just my personal view on the matter. I find it more important and it's definitely ok with me if others don't.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top