Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has turned out the sims 4

Comments

  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

    Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

    I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

    However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

    But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

    I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

    I'm 100% this update. It's inclusive and not only this-it's 100% optional to prevent those with issues with it from having to deal with it. If they feel that strongly that's their game and as much as I don't agree they get to craft their game their way.

    What I absolutely do not understand is not wanting it in game at all as an option (that you have to go out of your way to use!)-when it makes other people/players happy!

    It's nothing to do with toddlers.

    What's sad is that people are so worried about how limited resources are that they have started to see anything they don't like as a threat to their play because they don't want to miss out on features in the future they want. I've never seen this around the community before (but I didn't really bother pre TS4 so I may have missed it) but it just makes me sad.
    Instead of excitement at potential it seems to be an endless cycle of concern at whether they will ever see a full sims experience they will enjoy.

    I truly hope EA learn from this and instead of pushing out a game unfinished giving it the time and resources it deserves to be a great game from day one-no excuses. No squeezing themselves too far trying to catch up with what they didn't have time for pre release while trying to create new paid content.

    Don't get me wrong, I never said that all people who would have preferred different features are against this option. I would take a new type of staircase at this point, that's how much I'm grasping at straws right now. Just wanted to make that clear, I've been posting here all day and my words are starting to scramble at this late hour.

    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited June 2016
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

    Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

    I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

    However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

    But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

    I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

    I'm 100% this update. It's inclusive and not only this-it's 100% optional to prevent those with issues with it from having to deal with it. If they feel that strongly that's their game and as much as I don't agree they get to craft their game their way.

    What I absolutely do not understand is not wanting it in game at all as an option (that you have to go out of your way to use!)-when it makes other people/players happy!

    It's nothing to do with toddlers.

    What's sad is that people are so worried about how limited resources are that they have started to see anything they don't like as a threat to their play because they don't want to miss out on features in the future they want. I've never seen this around the community before (but I didn't really bother pre TS4 so I may have missed it) but it just makes me sad.
    Instead of excitement at potential it seems to be an endless cycle of concern at whether they will ever see a full sims experience they will enjoy.

    I truly hope EA learn from this and instead of pushing out a game unfinished giving it the time and resources it deserves to be a great game from day one-no excuses. No squeezing themselves too far trying to catch up with what they didn't have time for pre release while trying to create new paid content.

    Don't get me wrong, I never said that all people who would have preferred different features are against this option. I would take a new type of staircase at this point, that's how much I'm grasping at straws right now. Just wanted to make that clear, I've been posting here all day and my words are starting to scramble at this late hour.

    I think most people understand what you are saying- like, "Man, I really wish they had spent this time to open up neighborhoods in game." or legitimately fix the musical chairs bug for the whole game THOSE are valid concerns/complaints that people can understand and work with. The only reason I can think of (other than bugs) to dislike the content of this patch as content is because you find the idea of LGBTQ "icky".
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2016
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

    Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

    I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

    However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

    But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

    I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

    Toddlers are a fundamental aspect of being human. It is a life stage each and every one of us go through. The Sims is supposedly a life simulator, yet it lacks this life stage and instead has babies turning into fully grown children. The last two games had toddlers at launch. This is why toddlers trump all other content. You cannot have a full cradle to grave experience in this supposed life simulator game.

    The people this new update is meant to pander to are a minuscule minority who are not the norm. The majority of us will be never be transgender or transvestites but we were all toddlers at some point.

    I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all: toddlers, are missing from the game. Maxis have their priorities warped.

    I view this update as a publicity stunt jumping on the whole trans wagon we are hearing constantly about.

    If maxis are so progressive why have they had to retroactively add this feature? Surely they would have created the game this way originally as that would be more efficient than having to change everything after release?

    The fact that the game was not released this way, indicates to me that this is a publicity stunt.

    I think along with toddlers, npcs such as firepersons, burgulars etc., bug fixes, an improved culling system, recognition of all relatives, improved A.I., reactions and memory are more important than this.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,582 Member
    believe it or not ea there are still plenty of people out her that love tradition and that are old fashioned that still would enjoy a sims 1 and 2 feel with out all of this sadom and gomorrah stuff going on..i use to go to sims for relaxation after a long day at work or just needing to fantasize about a perfect family and neighborhood to live out my dreams a while.. now it is as scandalous as real life.. just gone crazy..
    sad that "traditional" and "old fashioned" basically means "intolerant of other groups of people" nowadays. you can still be traditional and accepting of other people

    you might not know this but some simmers grewup during the 1970 80 and these where years where some things where not seen like they are today if you look at some countyrs such features are still frown upon these days i may be a concervative simmer but sometime nsuch feature by simmers of my generation might have trouble accepting such feature ingame ok end of history lesson and of my post since i have said what i had to say
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @sweetface44 being traditional doesn't equate to being hateful towards others and their lives. I support people's right to live as makes them happy.

    I like a happy traditional sims game. I absolutely support any other simmers right to have their sims game crafted in whatever way that makes them happy. That's why I support this update.

    You don't *have* to access the functions. It's optional. Noone is forcing anything on you. You can continue to play your happy sims traditional way as you always did-all that is required is for you to stay out of that optional menu.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    believe it or not ea there are still plenty of people out her that love tradition and that are old fashioned that still would enjoy a sims 1 and 2 feel with out all of this sadom and gomorrah stuff going on..i use to go to sims for relaxation after a long day at work or just needing to fantasize about a perfect family and neighborhood to live out my dreams a while.. now it is as scandalous as real life.. just gone crazy..
    sad that "traditional" and "old fashioned" basically means "intolerant of other groups of people" nowadays.

    Yeah. It's not like we went through the Civil Rights movement or anything, back in the good ol' days. Back then, People of Color, people with disabilities and mental illness, women, gays and lesbians, etc, were totally treated equally back then...
    Noo, what I meant was that people can still be traditional (in regards to how they life their life, not their opinions of others) and still be accepting of others.

    Like you can still have a traditional styled house, and not want to use technology and still be an accepting and tolerant person.

    What I also meant is that I hate how whenever people use those terms, they're basically referring to the day where really only white, neurotypical, straight, men were able to live freely and that they want to go back to those days. I expressing that I wanted to get away from that use of the word.

    Well, sadly, unfortunately, that's how some people do use the word "traditional", especially if they're discriminating against certain types of groups of people (usually marginalized/disenfranchised ones).

    I'm referring to that kind of misuse of the word, "traditional". Some people use it to disguise their actual prejudiced feelings about certain groups, and I'm a little tired of that sly evasiveness. Some people need to fess up and say what they really mean, instead of using the word, "traditional", to try avoid being pegged as being prejudiced...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    Those who make these unecessary posts are always asked why, and when they answer, it is never something constructive.
    It is never something game breaking or something SimGurus can look at and go "Okay, we'll take a look and try to fix it"

    When it comes down to it is always about LGBT+ people and the ability to further enhance ones experience in CAS (LGBT-wise). That's it.
    And they wonder why they can't voice their opinion. SURE YOU CAN, BUT NOT ABOUT THIS.

    The reason that these threads get deleted is because they are going against what the company is for.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Toddlers are a fundamental aspect of being human. It is a life stage each and every one of us go through. The Sims is supposedly a life simulator, yet it lacks this life stage and instead has babies turning into fully grown children. The last two games had toddlers at launch. This is why toddlers trump all other content. You cannot have a full cradle to grave experience in this supposed life simulator game.

    The people this new update is meant to pander to are a minuscule minority who are not the norm. The majority of us will be never be transgender or transvestites but we were all toddlers at some point.

    I view this update as a publicity stunt jumping on the whole trans wagon we are hearing constantly about.

    I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all - toddlers are missing from the game. Maxis have their priorities warped.

    You will only have transgendered sims if you put them there ... so if you don't put them there then there are no transgendered sims in your game.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Here is something I said in another post to see my views and that I am not against the content I just wish it had been optional to put in my game.This is my thing that the patch and the content in the patch aren't optional. I realize that yes we don't have to use that option in the game. But we all want to have are games to have the fixes meaning basically you have to accept the extra content but if they would have given us a patch for bugs and a patch for the extra content this wouldn't be an issue and no one would be complaining. But as it is they are forcing the people who want the fixes to have the extra content to they didn't want in there game. If that makes more sense where I am coming from its not that I am against the content I just am don't like the new CAS is all.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited June 2016
    Here is something I said in another post to see my views and that I am not against the content I just wish it had been optional to put in my game.This is my thing that the patch and the content in the patch aren't optional. I realize that yes we don't have to use that option in the game. But we all want to have are games to have the fixes meaning basically you have to accept the extra content but if they would have given us a patch for bugs and a patch for the extra content this wouldn't be an issue and no one would be complaining. But as it is they are forcing the people who want the fixes to have the extra content to they didn't want in there game. If that makes more sense where I am coming from its not that I am against the content I just am don't like the new CAS is all.

    Your argument doesn't make any sense other than that you are arguing for arguing sake. You don't like that they arbitrarily changed some code to unlock stuff for both genders and then made it so you don't actually have to see it?

    It makes no sense other than that you are looking for an argument.

    If your actual argument- as someone pointed out is that you don't like forced patches then, that's something else entirely and I'm sure there are other that would agree with you.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    believe it or not ea there are still plenty of people out her that love tradition and that are old fashioned that still would enjoy a sims 1 and 2 feel with out all of this sadom and gomorrah stuff going on..i use to go to sims for relaxation after a long day at work or just needing to fantasize about a perfect family and neighborhood to live out my dreams a while.. now it is as scandalous as real life.. just gone crazy..

    Are you purposefully not understanding, or just looking to troll teh forums? Your game has not changed. You can still have Mom and Dad and two kids and missionary lights off woohoo if you want your 'traditional family'. Nothing has changed. Your game is the exact same game as yesterday. You have to turn those features on if you want them in your game. You can be old fashioned until your face falls off without coming here and complaining that other people have something that makes them happy.

    Here, I am going to use tiny words, and bold letters, and hope it sinks in a little bit this time.

    YOUR.
    GAME.
    HAS.
    NOT.
    CHANGED.


    Get it yet?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all - toddlers are missing from the game.

    You are treading on thin ice.


    I call upon the power of @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2016

    Toddlers are a fundamental aspect of being human. It is a life stage each and every one of us go through. The Sims is supposedly a life simulator, yet it lacks this life stage and instead has babies turning into fully grown children. The last two games had toddlers at launch. This is why toddlers trump all other content. You cannot have a full cradle to grave experience in this supposed life simulator game.

    The people this new update is meant to pander to are a minuscule minority who are not the norm. The majority of us will be never be transgender or transvestites but we were all toddlers at some point.

    I view this update as a publicity stunt jumping on the whole trans wagon we are hearing constantly about.

    I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all: toddlers, are missing from the game. Maxis have their priorities warped.

    So? I'm glad for more inclusiveness, regardless of EA/Maxis' true motives, being an LGBTQA person myself.

    I refuse to use these CAS features as a scapegoat for the lack of toddlers. I love both toddlers and the expansion of gender expression options.

    I reeeeally miss and do want toddlers, but I refuse to belittle this very important inclusive act.

    That's not fair. I'm not into refusing people other content just because I want the toddlers.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    believe it or not ea there are still plenty of people out her that love tradition and that are old fashioned that still would enjoy a sims 1 and 2 feel with out all of this sadom and gomorrah stuff going on..i use to go to sims for relaxation after a long day at work or just needing to fantasize about a perfect family and neighborhood to live out my dreams a while.. now it is as scandalous as real life.. just gone crazy..
    sad that "traditional" and "old fashioned" basically means "intolerant of other groups of people" nowadays.

    Yeah. It's not like we went through the Civil Rights movement or anything, back in the good ol' days. Back then, People of Color, people with disabilities and mental illness, women, gays and lesbians, etc, were totally treated equally back then...
    Noo, what I meant was that people can still be traditional (in regards to how they life their life, not their opinions of others) and still be accepting of others.

    Like you can still have a traditional styled house, and not want to use technology and still be an accepting and tolerant person.

    What I also meant is that I hate how whenever people use those terms, they're basically referring to the day where really only white, neurotypical, straight, men were able to live freely and that they want to go back to those days. I expressing that I wanted to get away from that use of the word.

    Well, sadly, unfortunately, that's how some people do use the word "traditional", especially if they're discriminating against certain types of groups of people (usually marginalized/disenfranchised ones).

    I'm referring to that kind of misuse of the word, "traditional". Some people use it to disguise their actual prejudiced feelings about certain groups, and I'm a little tired of that sly evasiveness. Some people need to fess up and say what they really mean, instead of using the word, "traditional", to try avoid being pegged as being prejudiced...

    Yes as far as I'm concerned traditional doesn't mean you can't accept other people's right to live happy lives. It's no one's place to judge.

    As this update is optional I really don't see the problem. Don't access the menu.

    Toddlers have nothing to do with this update and are a totally different story. I don't support them still being missing-but I don't believe it's because of any 'agenda' or 'new' way of living being pushed in this game at all.

    Sone people have felt this way for years. They may not have been able to live as they were happy before and we're forced into unhappy situations as a result but I for one am glad that they are starting to be able to express their real selves. I only hope that in the future everyone is able to do so without question.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

    Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

    I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

    However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

    But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

    I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

    Toddlers are a fundamental aspect of being human. It is a life stage each and every one of us go through. The Sims is supposedly a life simulator, yet it lacks this life stage and instead has babies turning into fully grown children. The last two games had toddlers at launch. This is why toddlers trump all other content. You cannot have a full cradle to grave experience in this supposed life simulator game.

    The people this new update is meant to pander to are a minuscule minority who are not the norm. The majority of us will be never be transgender or transvestites but we were all toddlers at some point.

    I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all: toddlers, are missing from the game. Maxis have their priorities warped.

    I view this update as a publicity stunt jumping on the whole trans wagon we are hearing constantly about.
    If maxis are so progressive why have they had to retroactively add this feature? Surely they would have created the game this way originally?

    The fact that the game was not released this way, indicates to me that this is a publicity stunt.

    Even if it is a publicity stunt, it's still an amazing thing. Yes, the lgbt community is a minority, but that's why it's so great that it has been recognized in one of the most known franchises.
    The norm gets cared to everywhere, all the time. Finally people who don't have as many options are given one. I just can not see this as a bad thing, no matter the reason behind it.

    Not to mention, there is literally no proof that they opted for this instead of any other feature.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

    Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

    I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

    However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

    But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

    I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

    Toddlers are a fundamental aspect of being human. It is a life stage each and every one of us go through. The Sims is supposedly a life simulator, yet it lacks this life stage and instead has babies turning into fully grown children. The last two games had toddlers at launch. This is why toddlers trump all other content. You cannot have a full cradle to grave experience in this supposed life simulator game.

    The people this new update is meant to pander to are a minuscule minority who are not the norm. The majority of us will be never be transgender or transvestites but we were all toddlers at some point.

    I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all: toddlers, are missing from the game. Maxis have their priorities warped.

    I view this update as a publicity stunt jumping on the whole trans wagon we are hearing constantly about.
    If maxis are so progressive why have they had to retroactively add this feature? Surely they would have created the game this way originally?

    The fact that the game was not released this way, indicates to me that this is a publicity stunt.

    Even if it is a publicity stunt, it's still an amazing thing. Yes, the lgbt community is a minority, but that's why it's so great that it has been recognized in one of the most known franchises.
    The norm gets cared to everywhere, all the time. Finally people who don't have as many options are given one. I just can not see this as a bad thing, no matter the reason behind it.

    Not to mention, there is literally no proof that they opted for this instead of any other feature.

    People said the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when they put gay romances into Dragon Age 3. The argument makes less sense here then it did there.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Here is something I said in another post to see my views and that I am not against the content I just wish it had been optional to put in my game.This is my thing that the patch and the content in the patch aren't optional. I realize that yes we don't have to use that option in the game. But we all want to have are games to have the fixes meaning basically you have to accept the extra content but if they would have given us a patch for bugs and a patch for the extra content this wouldn't be an issue and no one would be complaining. But as it is they are forcing the people who want the fixes to have the extra content to they didn't want in there game. If that makes more sense where I am coming from its not that I am against the content I just am don't like the new CAS is all.

    Your argument doesn't make any sense other than that you are arguing for arguing sake. You don't like that they arbitrarily changed some code to unlock stuff for both genders and then made it so you don't actually have to see it?

    It makes no sense other than that you are looking for an argument.

    If your actual argument- as someone pointed out is that you don't like forced patches then, that's something else entirely and I'm sure there are other that would agree with you.
    I understand that its optional to use the content but what if for example they put something in the patch you really didn't want and when you are downloading the patch that means you accept the content they gave you because you want to fix your game. All I am trying to say is this wouldn't be a big issue if the patches were optional or they put 2 patches out for you to choose whether you want that in your game. I have already accepted the content but CAS and the gallery I am still not use to and that was my biggest problem. But I know like you said the content won't affect the game unless you let it.

    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    lol, I see the usual tattletales are out in force. Hey, I don't have a problem with the patch and don't even own the game, never will 'cause it's so plum. I think what bugs so many gamers is that of ALL the things people are asking for in TS4, this is what they get.

    EA, meet shark. Jump!
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Here is something I said in another post to see my views and that I am not against the content I just wish it had been optional to put in my game.This is my thing that the patch and the content in the patch aren't optional. I realize that yes we don't have to use that option in the game. But we all want to have are games to have the fixes meaning basically you have to accept the extra content but if they would have given us a patch for bugs and a patch for the extra content this wouldn't be an issue and no one would be complaining. But as it is they are forcing the people who want the fixes to have the extra content to they didn't want in there game. If that makes more sense where I am coming from its not that I am against the content I just am don't like the new CAS is all.

    Your argument doesn't make any sense other than that you are arguing for arguing sake. You don't like that they arbitrarily changed some code to unlock stuff for both genders and then made it so you don't actually have to see it?

    It makes no sense other than that you are looking for an argument.

    If your actual argument- as someone pointed out is that you don't like forced patches then, that's something else entirely and I'm sure there are other that would agree with you.
    I understand that its optional to use the content but what if for example they put something in the patch you really didn't want and when you are downloading the patch that means you accept the content they gave you because you want to fix your game. All I am trying to say is this wouldn't be a big issue if the patches were optional or they put 2 patches out for you to choose whether you want that in your game. I have already accepted the content but CAS and the gallery I am still not use to and that was my biggest problem. But I know like you said the content won't affect the game unless you let it.

    I didn't want aliens. You still can't play without aliens. Deal with it or stop playing. Your argument still doesn't make sense- explaining it again doesn't make you more right than you were before.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Even if it is a publicity stunt, it's still an amazing thing. Yes, the lgbt community is a minority, but that's why it's so great that it has been recognized in one of the most known franchises.
    The norm gets cared to everywhere, all the time. Finally people who don't have as many options are given one. I just can not see this as a bad thing, no matter the reason behind it.

    Not to mention, there is literally no proof that they opted for this instead of any other feature.

    ^This. Exactly. :smile:

    EA/Maxis has made their stand about being progressive and supporting representation of LGBTQA since Sims 1. When I was a child, playing Sims 1, I was amazed I could make an LGB couple. This was a big deal for me, back then, because most games don't represent or acknowledge the existence of such marginalized and minority groups. Then there's Sims 2, with males becoming pregnant from aliens, and the existence of "gay unions". That's when I realized EA/Maxis was for equality or, is at least, progressive, (even if it's for money reasons or whatever). :)

    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    I understand that its optional to use the content but what if for example they put something in the patch you really didn't want and when you are downloading the patch that means you accept the content they gave you because you want to fix your game. All I am trying to say is this wouldn't be a big issue if the patches were optional or they put 2 patches out for you to choose whether you want that in your game. I have already accepted the content but CAS and the gallery I am still not use to and that was my biggest problem. But I know like you said the content won't affect the game unless you let it.

    Then get used to it. It is here to stay, and this is probably the only way you and others are going to get used to it.

    If they put something in a patch I didn't want, what would any rational person do?

    I wouldn't use whatever it was in the patch I didn't want. Like that red water. When will I use that red water? But I don't complain about how red it is and how much it distracts me while I click the ordinary blue water. I ignore it.


  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2016
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

    Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

    I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

    However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

    But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

    I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.

    Toddlers are a fundamental aspect of being human. It is a life stage each and every one of us go through. The Sims is supposedly a life simulator, yet it lacks this life stage and instead has babies turning into fully grown children. The last two games had toddlers at launch. This is why toddlers trump all other content. You cannot have a full cradle to grave experience in this supposed life simulator game.

    The people this new update is meant to pander to are a minuscule minority who are not the norm. The majority of us will be never be transgender or transvestites but we were all toddlers at some point.

    I find it ironic that we can have transgender sims in this game, yet something natural and universal to all: toddlers, are missing from the game. Maxis have their priorities warped.

    I view this update as a publicity stunt jumping on the whole trans wagon we are hearing constantly about.
    If maxis are so progressive why have they had to retroactively add this feature? Surely they would have created the game this way originally?

    The fact that the game was not released this way, indicates to me that this is a publicity stunt.

    Even if it is a publicity stunt, it's still an amazing thing. Yes, the lgbt community is a minority, but that's why it's so great that it has been recognized in one of the most known franchises.
    The norm gets cared to everywhere, all the time. Finally people who don't have as many options are given one. I just can not see this as a bad thing, no matter the reason behind it.

    Not to mention, there is literally no proof that they opted for this instead of any other feature.

    I am not against the update at all, but I am very annoyed that they prioritised this over things the game is severely lacking. To me, this publicity stunt feels cheap and tacky. I don't buy their sincerity. I believe if they truly wanted to be inclusive and felt that it was important to have these options, they would have been there at launch. It doesn't make any sense that if they planned this all along to add it two years later, having to go back over work they have already completed as it is not productive and one would assume not cost effective.

    They have jumped on the band wagon.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,859 Member
    I'm sorry if I missed something but did they say something about weather and toddlers not ever coming into the game?
    My Top Song of the Day: Still Fly by The Devil Wears Prada
    Y2D8eAf.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top