Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has turned out the sims 4

Comments

  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »

    But what we are asking is 'WHY don't you like this'? It is optional. It is even already off in your game. If you don't like it, never turn it on. There will be nothing different in your game. There is no REASON not to like it. Your game has not changed the tiniest bit. From that point of view, the only reason for you not to like it is that it makes others happy.

    or perhaps this makes me uncomfortable and I rather had it as an optional download? What happened happened and I get that. Wanted to just vent on the forums yesterday. Understanding that I'm not being allowed to (this comment will be flagged as hate speech for the uncomfortable bit too, right?), I realized that EA really doesn't want customers like me. Been in a really low mood because this was my favorite game. However plenty of people will treat you like a beast on this forum and moderators will shut down everything you say. And that means that they're not interested in the other side of simmers. We can't even have a say after all. So why would we support a game that will obviously never try to appeal to us?
    Oh my god, then do not support it. If this is enough reason for you to walk away from your favorite game, by all means. You keep going on and on about this, I think I've read your opinion a dozen times today. Me? I hate this game sometimes, yet they'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. And you think you were the only one who got censored? Well pm me sometimes to hear what happened to supporting, paying customers on these forums in the past two years. It's EAs rules and they're never gonna change. You can either accept that or move on.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »

    But what we are asking is 'WHY don't you like this'? It is optional. It is even already off in your game. If you don't like it, never turn it on. There will be nothing different in your game. There is no REASON not to like it. Your game has not changed the tiniest bit. From that point of view, the only reason for you not to like it is that it makes others happy.

    or perhaps this makes me uncomfortable and I rather had it as an optional download? What happened happened and I get that. Wanted to just vent on the forums yesterday. Understanding that I'm not being allowed to (this comment will be flagged as hate speech for the uncomfortable bit too, right?), I realized that EA really doesn't want customers like me. Been in a really low mood because this was my favorite game. However plenty of people will treat you like a beast on this forum and moderators will shut down everything you say. And that means that they're not interested in the other side of simmers. We can't even have a say after all. So why would we support a game that will obviously never try to appeal to us?
    I more think its because people are wondering what you are on about. I mean, you want it as optional download, but its already optional, just don't click the button. Its the same with sounds, don't want sound in the game? Mute it, switch it off, lower the volume so you can't hear it, plenty of options to not have sounds in your game. Same with this, just don't click the tiny little arrow icon and you'll never see it. Townies will never use these things as you have decided you don't want to use it.

    Sounds/this patch are in the game for those who would like to use it, but they provided an options for people who do not, to never see/use/switch off the feature :)
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »

    But what we are asking is 'WHY don't you like this'? It is optional. It is even already off in your game. If you don't like it, never turn it on. There will be nothing different in your game. There is no REASON not to like it. Your game has not changed the tiniest bit. From that point of view, the only reason for you not to like it is that it makes others happy.

    or perhaps this makes me uncomfortable and I rather had it as an optional download? What happened happened and I get that. Wanted to just vent on the forums yesterday. Understanding that I'm not being allowed to (this comment will be flagged as hate speech for the uncomfortable bit too, right?), I realized that EA really doesn't want customers like me. Been in a really low mood because this was my favorite game. However plenty of people will treat you like a beast on this forum and moderators will shut down everything you say. And that means that they're not interested in the other side of simmers. We can't even have a say after all. So why would we support a game that will obviously never try to appeal to us?

    I would never flag you for this. It is your right to say it. However, it is my right to completely not understand how it makes you uncomfortable. If you did the patch and turned on your game, 100% nothing will have changed for you. It is exactly the same game as before the patch. There's nothing there to make you uncomfortable. If, someday, you want to play around with the options (some look pretty nice, too), you can go in and turn on the feature. If that never happens, you never have to encounter it. If the game didn't make you uncomfortable yesterday, there's no reason for it to make you uncomfortable today.

    That's what we are trying to understand.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Well, it's certainly been a while since you've posted here! I'm surprised there's nothing about the new update you're upset about. What do you think of it by the way?

    i have not played or updated in a long time so i need to i guess to see what is all new and stuff.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,582 Member
    taggin @SimGuruDrake to keep watch for another possible flame war
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    mousemuffinmousemuffin Posts: 27 Member
    Just to help out those who are clearly confused on what the word means:

    op·tion·al (adjective): available to be chosen but not obligatory.
    synonyms: voluntary, discretionary, not required, elective, noncompulsory, nonmandatory
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

    What is the problem exactly? Them closing down and deleting threads that are getting out of hand with accusations all over the place? I don't see that as a problem. I have seen some pretty nasty comments about people being a little concerned about the update. I saw people being called transphobic and what not. That is not okay.


    But in the end: this patch is not optional, you have to patch it, but seriously, you don't have to do anything with the new cas options. They are optional. Options that is what people want, right? Now they gave us the options. We are free to use it or not.

    "I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"

    all of these comments towards the patch will be flagged as hate speech. As one simmer said, "The only non hateful reason to dislike this patch is bugs, everything else is hate speech"

    "I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

    that is also considered hate speech.

    You can not dislike this patch in a politer way.
    The reason it is considered hate speech is because of the reasons behind what they're saying.

    Whenever I see something like this the first thing I think is; "Well, if the features are optional and you don't have to use them in the game, why are people so upset about it?" and the first answer I get is; "Well they must have a problem with trans/non-binary people or crossdressers."

    It's important to ask yourself why it makes you so uncomfortable to the point where you don't even want to play the game anymore.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    it's hard to express your opinion, when saying "I don't like this" will be considered speaking against the LGBT community, because this is what the patch is about. It's hard to express your opinion when saying "Please stop censoring" gets your topic closed and people to say "they have the right to censor this!". And it's hard to express your opinion when saying "hey, wouldn't it be great to have a faith system, like clubs, where you could set up your own gods, goddesses and worship methods?" gets the thread closed because "no religion talk".

    Not a single topic for "no religion talk" was closed because of "my religion is against this", or any statements like that. It was literally players asking for faith in game. It's a banned topic. All the topics that I could express my opinions in are banned. So how long can one repeatedly howl at the wind?

    I can't say for sure in what you are referring to as threads are getting shut right and left and a lot of it I have thankfully missed.

    Saying 'I don't like this' should not anger anyone in any community. And I am not so sure that this patch is about the LGBT community, and if you really wanted to get technical it would be LGBTIQA community.

    Where most people are having the issue here is the fact that the content in it is optional. If you don't want to use it, see it ... nothing changes in your game. You don't have to use any of the things provided. The content is optional. The only thing that you must have is the patch itself, that is not optional. If you don't want the forced patches in your game, then focus your discussion on the forced patches and not the content of the patch itself.

    The faith thing again is a whole other issue. You can't please everyone worldwide and there is no way to include everyone. How would anyone pick and choose which faiths to put in and which ones not to. I never want religion put into my Sims game, no matter what it is.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    "I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"
    "I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

    tumblr_inline_n87h1laiO01s970g0.gif


    If only they ACTUALLY stuck with just "I don't like this update." and not "i dont like this update it is tearing me apart and these disgusting sims are an abomination and unnatural and ruining the sims as a whole and ea doesnt care about me and my faith i am a victim and am being forced to use this optional patch."





  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited June 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    vote with your valets. That's what I'm doing. Unless they will soon come out, say that the forced update was controversial and there will be no more forced updates, which I do not expect, I'm gone for good. But it's alright, because I'm one person in a sea of happiness so it matters not.

    Omg stop, please. I've read enough of your negative comments and hate threads to last a lifetime. If you're done then GO! There are plenty of other games out there.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    it's hard to express your opinion, when saying "I don't like this" will be considered speaking against the LGBT community, because this is what the patch is about. It's hard to express your opinion when saying "Please stop censoring" gets your topic closed and people to say "they have the right to censor this!". And it's hard to express your opinion when saying "hey, wouldn't it be great to have a faith system, like clubs, where you could set up your own gods, goddesses and worship methods?" gets the thread closed because "no religion talk".

    Not a single topic for "no religion talk" was closed because of "my religion is against this", or any statements like that. It was literally players asking for faith in game. It's a banned topic. All the topics that I could express my opinions in are banned. So how long can one repeatedly howl at the wind?

    I can't say for sure in what you are referring to as threads are getting shut right and left and a lot of it I have thankfully missed.

    Saying 'I don't like this' should not anger anyone in any community. And I am not so sure that this patch is about the LGBT community, and if you really wanted to get technical it would be LGBTIQA community.
    The team themselves confirmed that it was to include trans and nonbinary people in the game. So yes, it's understandable why saying "I don't like this feature in the patch" is upsetting to many people on the forums.

  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    What's essentially being said is "I'm uncomfortable with seeing a [...] button for an advanced menu I'll never use."

    I play with aging off. I hope that doesn't bother you either. It doesn't, you say? Funny, huh?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Noogster wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    "I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"
    "I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

    tumblr_inline_n87h1laiO01s970g0.gif


    If only they ACTUALLY stuck with just "I don't like this update." and not "i dont like this update it is tearing me apart and these disgusting sims are an abomination and unnatural and ruining the sims as a whole and ea doesnt care about me and my faith i am a victim and am being forced to use this optional patch."





    This. If someone just said 'This stuff isn't for me, I'm glad it's optional' there wouldn't be so much confusion around it. But people are saying some really awful things about something that doesn't change their world at all.

    Hmmmm, just like people IRL......

    Anyway, I'm REALLY glad it is optional because it shows that EA is adding more options. I hope it is a continuing trend. If they add a button that makes aliens optional, they would probably make money off me buying that pack. Hopefully in the future there are loads more options for everyone to be able to customize their games exactly they way they would like it! Maybe a Simmer loves supernaturals, but wants one save game to be vanilla humans for a story they are creating. That kind of thing.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »

    It is only pointless if you let it be pointless. If you silence your own voice, the only person in the end who will hurt is you. Right now, you still have a say in what direction the Sims4 ... and even the Sims5 might be headed. You might just be one voice here ... but you are probably not alone in your line of thinking. The forums here is just a small portion of the players worldwide.

    I would say follow the rules of the forum. Do not personally attack others, try your best to let your voice be heard without getting drawn into the fights. it is hard as you will be targeted by others ... let it go.

    it's hard to express your opinion, when saying "I don't like this" will be considered speaking against the LGBT community, because this is what the patch is about. It's hard to express your opinion when saying "Please stop censoring" gets your topic closed and people to say "they have the right to censor this!". And it's hard to express your opinion when saying "hey, wouldn't it be great to have a faith system, like clubs, where you could set up your own gods, goddesses and worship methods?" gets the thread closed because "no religion talk".

    Not a single topic for "no religion talk" was closed because of "my religion is against this", or any statements like that. It was literally players asking for faith in game. It's a banned topic. All the topics that I could express my opinions in are banned. So how long can one repeatedly howl at the wind?

    You talk about LGBT being a conflict in this game, but you want to add religion??? Do you know how many religions are out there?? this is NOT supposed to be real life. I don't need my Sims hating each other because they're different religions.
  • Options
    KlutzyKimKlutzyKim Posts: 50 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    vote with your valets. That's what I'm doing. Unless they will soon come out, say that the forced update was controversial and there will be no more forced updates, which I do not expect, I'm gone for good. But it's alright, because I'm one person in a sea of happiness so it matters not.

    Omg stop, please. I've read enough of your negative comments and hate threads to last a lifetime. If you're done then GO! There are plenty of other games out there.

    They keep threatening to leave, but still haven't lol. Just wants attention
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

    What is the problem exactly? Them closing down and deleting threads that are getting out of hand with accusations all over the place? I don't see that as a problem. I have seen some pretty nasty comments about people being a little concerned about the update. I saw people being called transphobic and what not. That is not okay.


    But in the end: this patch is not optional, you have to patch it, but seriously, you don't have to do anything with the new cas options. They are optional. Options that is what people want, right? Now they gave us the options. We are free to use it or not.

    "I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"

    all of these comments towards the patch will be flagged as hate speech. As one simmer said, "The only non hateful reason to dislike this patch is bugs, everything else is hate speech"

    "I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

    that is also considered hate speech.

    You can not dislike this patch in a politer way.

    And honestly ... I see nothing wrong with any of these comments.

    If you are uncomfortable with this, find it creepy and think female on female/male on male pregnancies are unnatural. Great. You don't have to use them. Others can if they so choose. If that is how they want to play their game ... how does that affect you in any way. If you want to play where female/female or male/male sims cannot produce children ... you can. Its your game. That option is available to go either way.

    Me personally, no I won't allow it to where male/male or female/female can have an offspring. If anyone else does ... enjoy. It doesn't affect me one way or another.

    Text is hard to read. You can't see feeling, you can't see emotions ... its just words on a screen. The sims world is a magical world ... it is whatever you want it to be.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    You talk about LGBT being a conflict in this game, but you want to add religion??? Do you know how many religions are out there?? this is NOT supposed to be real life. I don't need my Sims hating each other because they're different religions.

    As a child I used to believe that the player was the deity in the games, but the funny part about it was that all the sims were either atheist or agnostic on the matter and believed things happened out of their own free will. :D

  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

    It hurts not feeling wanted, doesnt it? Now, imagine you are gay and imagine you've felt that way your whole life. THAT's the point.

    I'm bi. And depressed. And suffering from anxiety. You know NOTHING about me as a person. You know NOTHING about what I've been trough in my life.

    But thanks for thinking that everyone else has so much better than you. I used to think that too. Then I talked with those around me and had seen the desperation in their eyes.

    And YOU have no idea what other people deal with as well. But guess what, you don't have to, because this is a GAME. It makes you upset, stop playing it, the forum makes you so upset so why are you still here? I'm legitimately wondering.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited June 2016
    all of this new 2016 way of living has taking so much from sims 4
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,546 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

    What is the problem exactly? Them closing down and deleting threads that are getting out of hand with accusations all over the place? I don't see that as a problem. I have seen some pretty nasty comments about people being a little concerned about the update. I saw people being called transphobic and what not. That is not okay.


    But in the end: this patch is not optional, you have to patch it, but seriously, you don't have to do anything with the new cas options. They are optional. Options that is what people want, right? Now they gave us the options. We are free to use it or not.

    "I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"

    all of these comments towards the patch will be flagged as hate speech. As one simmer said, "The only non hateful reason to dislike this patch is bugs, everything else is hate speech"

    "I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

    that is also considered hate speech.

    You can not dislike this patch in a politer way.

    I'm really trying to understand. You created a thread not so long ago that you'd welcome a unisex CAS because you wanted an Afro style to create Bob Ross. What happened between then and now?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887059/we-need-a-lush-glorious-afro-for-males-ea/p1
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    And YOU have no idea what other people deal with as well. But guess what, you don't have to, because this is a GAME. It makes you upset, stop playing it, the forum makes you so upset so why are you still here? I'm legitimately wondering.

    because it was a big part of my life.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    As if have werewolf and imaginary friend would be human life simulation
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

    I'm really trying to understand. You created a thread not so long ago that you'd welcome a unisex CAS because you wanted an Afro style to create Bob Ross. What happened between then and now?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887059/we-need-a-lush-glorious-afro-for-males-ea/p1

    create your own gender, male on male and female on female pregnancies, standing up peeing and sitting down peeing. That's what happened.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

    What is the problem exactly? Them closing down and deleting threads that are getting out of hand with accusations all over the place? I don't see that as a problem. I have seen some pretty nasty comments about people being a little concerned about the update. I saw people being called transphobic and what not. That is not okay.


    But in the end: this patch is not optional, you have to patch it, but seriously, you don't have to do anything with the new cas options. They are optional. Options that is what people want, right? Now they gave us the options. We are free to use it or not.

    "I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"

    all of these comments towards the patch will be flagged as hate speech. As one simmer said, "The only non hateful reason to dislike this patch is bugs, everything else is hate speech"

    "I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

    that is also considered hate speech.

    You can not dislike this patch in a politer way.

    I'm really trying to understand. You created a thread not so long ago that you'd welcome a unisex CAS because you wanted an Afro style to create Bob Ross. What happened between then and now?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887059/we-need-a-lush-glorious-afro-for-males-ea/p1

    Some people just enjoy complaining in general because they aren't happy, it's sad actually. Because it in turn effects other people as well.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

    What is the problem exactly? Them closing down and deleting threads that are getting out of hand with accusations all over the place? I don't see that as a problem. I have seen some pretty nasty comments about people being a little concerned about the update. I saw people being called transphobic and what not. That is not okay.


    But in the end: this patch is not optional, you have to patch it, but seriously, you don't have to do anything with the new cas options. They are optional. Options that is what people want, right? Now they gave us the options. We are free to use it or not.

    "I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"

    all of these comments towards the patch will be flagged as hate speech. As one simmer said, "The only non hateful reason to dislike this patch is bugs, everything else is hate speech"

    "I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

    that is also considered hate speech.

    You can not dislike this patch in a politer way.

    I'm really trying to understand. You created a thread not so long ago that you'd welcome a unisex CAS because you wanted an Afro style to create Bob Ross. What happened between then and now?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887059/we-need-a-lush-glorious-afro-for-males-ea/p1

    I think she was solely expecting the unisex CAS not the gender options.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top