Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has turned out the sims 4

Comments

• Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I am honestly baffled why people are so flipping 🐸🐸🐸🐸 over this patch. Do you honestly not grasp that everything added is completely optional? Your world has not changed the tiniest bit if you don't want it to.

Or, does everyone really just love to complain about EVERY. SINGLE. LITTLE. THING.

Only when the game is missing key features and the devs are completely avoiding a certain play style.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I am honestly baffled why people are so flipping 🐸🐸🐸🐸 over this patch. Do you honestly not grasp that everything added is completely optional? Your world has not changed the tiniest bit if you don't want it to.

Or, does everyone really just love to complain about EVERY. SINGLE. LITTLE. THING.

Only when the game is missing key features and the devs are completely avoiding a certain play style.

So you are saying they should not add anything whatsoever until the one thing you want is added?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member

So you are saying they should not add anything whatsoever until the one thing you want is added?

Not quite, if they were more open about what they are planning to add or not add. It would definitely help.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

It is only pointless if you let it be pointless. If you silence your own voice, the only person in the end who will hurt is you. Right now, you still have a say in what direction the Sims4 ... and even the Sims5 might be headed. You might just be one voice here ... but you are probably not alone in your line of thinking. The forums here is just a small portion of the players worldwide.

I would say follow the rules of the forum. Do not personally attack others, try your best to let your voice be heard without getting drawn into the fights. it is hard as you will be targeted by others ... let it go.

it's hard to express your opinion, when saying "I don't like this" will be considered speaking against the LGBT community, because this is what the patch is about. It's hard to express your opinion when saying "Please stop censoring" gets your topic closed and people to say "they have the right to censor this!". And it's hard to express your opinion when saying "hey, wouldn't it be great to have a faith system, like clubs, where you could set up your own gods, goddesses and worship methods?" gets the thread closed because "no religion talk".

Not a single topic for "no religion talk" was closed because of "my religion is against this", or any statements like that. It was literally players asking for faith in game. It's a banned topic. All the topics that I could express my opinions in are banned. So how long can one repeatedly howl at the wind?
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member

Yes! And that one thing is an interactive Rock Star Career. Get on it Maxis!

• Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    safe to say that traditional game play is a thing of the past, welcome to a new life where there are no todds or cars, and no weather,, these things must be to boring and out of style..

Haha! It's all about the hoverboards and fake blue sky biodomes!

mirta000 wrote: »
    vote with your valets. That's what I'm doing. Unless they will soon come out, say that the forced update was controversial and there will be no more forced updates, which I do not expect, I'm gone for good. But it's alright, because I'm one person in a sea of happiness so it matters not.

Valet, you say?

Key-and-Peele.gif

I'm honestly sick and tired of people thinking this patch is being forced on them when everyone keeps saying it is optional (which dare I say is optional).

• Options
    DecafHigh wrote: »

Well, I've wanted farms for 16 years now! So, they better get on that before toddlers and weather! ;)
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

This sexy beast agrees. I really am loving the additional hair options.

The%20Simstrade%204%206_3_2016%206_51_14%20PM_zpszcjcgufb.png
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

LOL nice, that actually looks pretty good.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited June 2016
    Well, I've wanted farms for 16 years now! So, they better get on that before toddlers and weather! ;)

The Sims 3 Store Team, in a way, released Farm content that includes tractors, greenhouses, cows, and chickens (all sold separately... :D). :)

But I agree, I would love a farming expansion. <3
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options

It is only pointless if you let it be pointless. If you silence your own voice, the only person in the end who will hurt is you. Right now, you still have a say in what direction the Sims4 ... and even the Sims5 might be headed. You might just be one voice here ... but you are probably not alone in your line of thinking. The forums here is just a small portion of the players worldwide.

I would say follow the rules of the forum. Do not personally attack others, try your best to let your voice be heard without getting drawn into the fights. it is hard as you will be targeted by others ... let it go.

it's hard to express your opinion, when saying "I don't like this" will be considered speaking against the LGBT community, because this is what the patch is about. It's hard to express your opinion when saying "Please stop censoring" gets your topic closed and people to say "they have the right to censor this!". And it's hard to express your opinion when saying "hey, wouldn't it be great to have a faith system, like clubs, where you could set up your own gods, goddesses and worship methods?" gets the thread closed because "no religion talk".

Not a single topic for "no religion talk" was closed because of "my religion is against this", or any statements like that. It was literally players asking for faith in game. It's a banned topic. All the topics that I could express my opinions in are banned. So how long can one repeatedly howl at the wind?

But what we are asking is 'WHY don't you like this'? It is optional. It is even already off in your game. If you don't like it, never turn it on. There will be nothing different in your game. There is no REASON not to like it. Your game has not changed the tiniest bit. From that point of view, the only reason for you not to like it is that it makes others happy.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    it's hard to express your opinion, when saying "I don't like this" will be considered speaking against the LGBT community, because this is what the patch is about. It's hard to express your opinion when saying "Please stop censoring" gets your topic closed and people to say "they have the right to censor this!"

You know exactly why they get closed. The ones who don't like the patch always use harsh words to back their "opinions" up and assume these disgusting beings are out to get them and poison their grandkid with their agenda-pushing ways. There are only so many times one can say; IT IS OPTIONAL.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016

The%20Simstrade%204%206_3_2016%206_51_14%20PM_zpszcjcgufb.png

I only wish all the hairstyles and clothing were "better fitted" when converted. Some of the hairs are a no no with some weird shapes on males, I think the issue might be the shoulders though, not sure.

I love that males can finally use this hair:

K5ynDb6.jpg

This used to be a females exclusive hair. The cool kitchen long hair also looks amaze on men and the Romantic Garden female hair makes males look so fabulously manly, I can't even. :smiley::blush:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

What is the problem exactly? Them closing down and deleting threads that are getting out of hand with accusations all over the place? I don't see that as a problem. I have seen some pretty nasty comments about people being a little concerned about the update. I saw people being called transphobic and what not. That is not okay.

But in the end: this patch is not optional, you have to patch it, but seriously, you don't have to do anything with the new cas options. They are optional. Options that is what people want, right? Now they gave us the options. We are free to use it or not.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2016

LOL nice, that actually looks pretty good.

It does. That's my favorite Sim -- I love the way the female hairs look on him. His face normally is a little too masculine (it's deliberate) so the softening does him good. He's modeled after an actual person, but since no one would be able to guess who, I'm not saying. CAS is not my strong point :dizzy:

I hope we get body hair soon. And eyelashes.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I am honestly baffled why people are so flipping bumhurt over this patch. Do you honestly not grasp that everything added is completely optional? Your world has not changed the tiniest bit if you don't want it to.

I agree I've been saying that it's optional in many groups but it doesn't seem to sink in. That's why the parts of this update are usually made by modders because of the easily offended and closed-minded.
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions

Yeah agree. Somewhere I want to have a little hope for them to make a return someday, because there is a certain demand for them for sure, but when? I don't know.

I think that is also the core of the unsatisfaction really. People don't know if they are being heard and if they are even being considered.

However, the story has two sides of course. Like Guru's mentioned how they cannot announce future content if it is not going to be released within the 3 month quarter, also because most of the paid content comes together with free patch stuff, I can understand.

But it would be nice to have at least someone say they are in fact doing something with it. I think it will calm down the community a lot. But well, we will see!
    My issue is people's reaction to this patch. While I completely understand the toddlers topic and whatnot, I don't think it's right to say that takes priority over this, while at the same time hurting people's feelings. And honestly, after what I've seen in the past two days, I don't think the reception would have been any better even if we had said mentioned features from the release of the base game.

I've always disliked comments like "well they had time to work on this, but not toddlers? They are more important", that being the reason I stay off the forums mostly. I'm losing track of my idea. My final point is, this time, it has resorted to actual hate speech against a whole community and I don't think anything would have changed that (no, not even toddlers). That's just my personal point of view.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options

But what we are asking is 'WHY don't you like this'? It is optional. It is even already off in your game. If you don't like it, never turn it on. There will be nothing different in your game. There is no REASON not to like it. Your game has not changed the tiniest bit. From that point of view, the only reason for you not to like it is that it makes others happy.

or perhaps this makes me uncomfortable and I rather had it as an optional download? What happened happened and I get that. Wanted to just vent on the forums yesterday. Understanding that I'm not being allowed to (this comment will be flagged as hate speech for the uncomfortable bit too, right?), I realized that EA really doesn't want customers like me. Been in a really low mood because this was my favorite game. However plenty of people will treat you like a beast on this forum and moderators will shut down everything you say. And that means that they're not interested in the other side of simmers. We can't even have a say after all. So why would we support a game that will obviously never try to appeal to us?
  • Options

The Sims 3 Store Team, in a way, released Farm content that includes tractors, greenhouses, cows, and chickens (all sold separately... :D). :)

But I agree, I would love a farming expansion. <3

I know! ^_^ Do you know how many of those commercials I watched for the free points before I got them all! :) I adored the chickens. I've just always wished for a more fleshed out farming experience for my Sims. Maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, I am loving all the pics people are posting with different hair and outfits. So many of them look far better than I thought they would.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited June 2016

or perhaps this makes me uncomfortable and I rather had it as an optional download? What happened happened and I get that. Wanted to just vent on the forums yesterday. Understanding that I'm not being allowed to (this comment will be flagged as hate speech for the uncomfortable bit too, right?), I realized that EA really doesn't want customers like me. Been in a really low mood because this was my favorite game. However plenty of people will treat you like a beast on this forum and moderators will shut down everything you say. And that means that they're not interested in the other side of simmers. We can't even have a say after all. So why would we support a game that will obviously never try to appeal to us?

It hurts not feeling wanted, doesnt it? Now, imagine you are gay and imagine you've felt that way your whole life. THAT's the point.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I am honestly baffled why people are so flipping bumhurt over this patch. Do you honestly not grasp that everything added is completely optional? Your world has not changed the tiniest bit if you don't want it to.

I agree I've been saying that it's optional in many groups but it doesn't seem to sink in. That's why the parts of this update are usually made by modders because of the easily offended and closed-minded.

I completely understand why they can't. It's because they possibly feel attacked that their rights are being invaded.
  • Options

What is the problem exactly? Them closing down and deleting threads that are getting out of hand with accusations all over the place? I don't see that as a problem. I have seen some pretty nasty comments about people being a little concerned about the update. I saw people being called transphobic and what not. That is not okay.

But in the end: this patch is not optional, you have to patch it, but seriously, you don't have to do anything with the new cas options. They are optional. Options that is what people want, right? Now they gave us the options. We are free to use it or not.

"I'm uncomfortable with this"
    "I don't like this"
    "I find this creepy"

all of these comments towards the patch will be flagged as hate speech. As one simmer said, "The only non hateful reason to dislike this patch is bugs, everything else is hate speech"

"I think female-female and male-male pregnancies are unnatural"

that is also considered hate speech.

You can not dislike this patch in a politer way.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I don't think toddlers are going to be here this year but I do feel that steps have been taken to address the issue somewhat.

Might have to just wait until next year and if there is still no luck then a no would be the assumed answer
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

It hurts not feeling wanted, doesnt it? Now, imagine you are gay and imagine you've felt that way your whole life. THAT's the point.

I'm bi. And depressed. And suffering from anxiety. You know NOTHING about me as a person. You know NOTHING about what I've been trough in my life.

But thanks for thinking that everyone else has so much better than you. I used to think that too. Then I talked with those around me and had seen the desperation in their eyes.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top