Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA has turned out the sims 4

safe to say that traditional game play is a thing of the past, welcome to a new life where there are no todds or cars, and no weather,, these things must be to boring and out of style..

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Savage.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes, who needs to see a car drive through a toddler playing in a puddle on a rainy day anyway! :#
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well, it's certainly been a while since you've posted here! I'm surprised there's nothing about the new update you're upset about. What do you think of it by the way?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    What does turned out even mean? I literally have no clue.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    safe to say that traditional game play is a thing of the past, welcome to a new life where there are no todds or cars, and no weather,, these things must be to boring and out of style..

How is traditional game play a thing of the past. You can select what you want in your game ... townies won't spawn in opposite gender outfits. The choice is all yours if you want traditional game play or not. Nothing has changed game wise.

Does anyone honestly expect fleshed out, full cars, weather or toddlers in a patch?
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    edited June 2016

Who cares about these things , it's 2016 honey , it's all about LGBT and expressing Yourself , I don't want boring weather changes ... I already have that in real life & I don't own a car either so I don't want my sims to drive cars.
    let's not start talking about toddlers ... they're hella annoying and they are nothing more but little devils that will ruin Your gaming experience.
    #GiveMeMyBra #I'mAManWearingABikini #ThisCommentIsSarcastic&I'mMoreAngryThanYouAre
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Yup, now I could look at perfectly customized Sim smiling at nothing in an empty world, I'm so happy I uninstalled the game for the excitement.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    vote with your valets. That's what I'm doing. Unless they will soon come out, say that the forced update was controversial and there will be no more forced updates, which I do not expect, I'm gone for good. But it's alright, because I'm one person in a sea of happiness so it matters not.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Yup, now I could look at perfectly customized Sim smiling at nothing in an empty world, I'm so happy I uninstalled the game for the excitement.

I left mine installed. I enjoy booting it up from time to time to remind myself why I don't play it anymore, but hey, I'm all for the change they made, I'm just unable to have any fun with it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    vote with your valets. That's what I'm doing. Unless they will soon come out, say that the forced update was controversial and there will be no more forced updates, which I do not expect, I'm gone for good. But it's alright, because I'm one person in a sea of happiness so it matters not.
    *waves goodbye*
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options

Actually no.

Every voice matters. So even one voice in a sea of unhappiness is still a voice that matters. If you decide to leave for good, you are silencing your own voice. No one else is silencing it for you.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    They find this more important than expanding on family play. They probably won't even make toddlers.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    B-b-b-b-but....guys can wear dresses, LOLOLOL!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2016
    Gruffman wrote: »

How is traditional game play a thing of the past. You can select what you want in your game ... townies won't spawn in opposite gender outfits. The choice is all yours if you want traditional game play or not. Nothing has changed game wise.

Does anyone honestly expect fleshed out, full cars, weather or toddlers in a patch?

Because of the statements made in the "What's In and What's Out" blog, the return of ghosts, pools & "normal" careers in a patch, and toddlers being part of two previous iterations of The Sims; I feel that to do the right thing, EA/Maxis should include toddlers and their basic gear in a patch. I have no problem with them having us pay for additional toddler items beyond those basics. We always had some sort of free/included transportation too (Sims 2 had a couple cars for download & driveways if you didn't want to buy Nightlife, Sims 3 had cars in the basegame). So the basic cars really should be included in a patch. I don't expect weather in a patch. Historically, it's always been in an EP that we paid for, so I don't expect that to be changed.

When EA/Maxis released patches giving us back what I felt like was basegame content, it helped to repair some of my trust in them. That trust was broken during The Summer of No. They made a good start with the content included in patches, but they need to continue that. Because I'm still waiting to see that "strong foundation capable of fulfilling all of your desires." Right now, it's still a half or 3/4 done foundation to me.

Edited to clarify

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    MadIris wrote: »
    B-b-b-b-but....guys can wear dresses, LOLOLOL!

More importantly, women can wear suits!
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Actually no.

Every voice matters. So even one voice in a sea of unhappiness is still a voice that matters. If you decide to leave for good, you are silencing your own voice. No one else is silencing it for you.

well hopefully my yells were heard. It is pointless to hang around for years yelling the same thing over and over. It's just that a single person is always small, especially against a multibillion dollar company.
    "I'm sorry for censorship"
    "we're sorry for forced patches and do recognise that some can be taken really badly (including clownphobia and clowns for example)"
    "your sims can be all cultural and traditional after the recent update with the faith system!"

any of these statements would make me happy. I'm convinced that they will never happen.
  • Options
    @Gruffman Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »

I left mine installed. I enjoy booting it up from time to time to remind myself why I don't play it anymore, but hey, I'm all for the change they made, I'm just unable to have any fun with it.

I don't care for the changes myself, maybe I could use them and have fun if there was a game to actually play outside the cas, maybe.
  • Options
    Because of the statements made in the "What's In and What's Out" blog, the return of ghosts, pools & "normal" careers in a patch, and toddlers being part of two previous iterations of The Sims; I feel that to do the right thing, EA/Maxis should include toddlers and their basic gear in a patch. I have no problem with them having us pay for additional toddler items beyond those basics. We always had some sort of free/included transportation too (Sims 2 had a couple cars for download & driveways if you didn't want to buy Nightlife, Sims 3 had cars in the basegame). So the basic cars really should be included in a patch. I don't expect weather in a patch. Historically, it's always been in an EP that we paid for, so I don't expect that to be changed.

When EA/Maxis released patches giving us back what I felt like was basegame content, it helped to repair some of my trust in them. That trust was broken during The Summer of No. They made a good start with the content included in patches, but they need to continue that. Because I'm still waiting to see that "strong foundation capable of fulfilling all of your desires." Right now, it's still a half or 3/4 done foundation to me.

Edited to clarify

And I do agree with this. Basic toddlers and cars should be patched in.

But with the OP, stating how traditional game play is gone and out the window ... with nothing about cars, toddlers or weather are boring and out of style ... but this controversial and forced patch ...

You can't compare the two.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

I don't even play it traditionally. I play in a way that doesn't make sense to others most of the time. I don't like toddlers but I wouldn't mind weather though. I think weather should be a free update of paying for it again for a different game in my opinion. There's not much sims can do with cars without a open world
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    vote with your valets..

No wonder I don't feel heard: I don't know any valets! Honestly, I don't think I've ever let anyone else drive my vehicle! :smirk:
  • Options
    well hopefully my yells were heard. It is pointless to hang around for years yelling the same thing over and over. It's just that a single person is always small, especially against a multibillion dollar company.
    "we're sorry for forced patches and do recognise that some can be taken really badly (including clownphobia and clowns for example)"
    "your sims can be all cultural and traditional after the recent update with the faith system!"

any of these statements would make me happy. I'm convinced that they will never happen.

It is only pointless if you let it be pointless. If you silence your own voice, the only person in the end who will hurt is you. Right now, you still have a say in what direction the Sims4 ... and even the Sims5 might be headed. You might just be one voice here ... but you are probably not alone in your line of thinking. The forums here is just a small portion of the players worldwide.

I would say follow the rules of the forum. Do not personally attack others, try your best to let your voice be heard without getting drawn into the fights. it is hard as you will be targeted by others ... let it go.

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

It is only pointless if you let it be pointless. If you silence your own voice, the only person in the end who will hurt is you. Right now, you still have a say in what direction the Sims4 ... and even the Sims5 might be headed. You might just be one voice here ... but you are probably not alone in your line of thinking. The forums here is just a small portion of the players worldwide.

I would say follow the rules of the forum. Do not personally attack others, try your best to let your voice be heard without getting drawn into the fights. it is hard as you will be targeted by others ... let it go.

Exactly. That's why we are still screaming for toddlers instead of just giving up. The moment we leave and stop asking for it, it will surely NEVER happen.
  • Options
    @rudy8292 Interesting points but of course, the toddler thing still remains a great mystery, one that no one even has an answer for yet one that follows a thousand questions
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top