Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this sim totally corrupt?

This sim has been on exchange for a long time and looks really good, is highly rated, but when I check it its like, all red.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5137686
Is everything about it corrupt or is one part of it causing the whole thing to show as corrupt when checked?

Comments

• KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    This Sim is one big barrel of Custom Content and the creator doesn't, that I can see, list what CC has been used. Nothing for me shows up as red however. What's showing up a red and when is it doing it?
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I assume you are checking through Delphy's Cleaner? If so, are you using the 'Save File' or 'Add to Game'? Using 'Save File' will give false readings, it is a fault of the Exchange. It didn't always work that way and EA is aware of the situation and has been for years. If I remember correctly, it has something to do with the PNG files that get changed out with UIC. The red means nothing, it will not corrupt anyone's game if it is indeed just false readings. The only way to know is choose the 'Add To Game' option, download the item to the launcher but do not install. Use that file to run through the cleaner. If all good, then install.
  • Ms_BloomberryMs_Bloomberry Posts: 127 Member
    That looks like a Second Life character, just look at the arms.
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    Is Second Life still a thing? I haven't heard it mentioned in years.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Apparently, I looked into it. Wasn't impressed. Controls were clunky I thought, and you needed to spend real money to actually do anything. On a pay every time type arrangement. No thank you.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    lol Yeah that's second life. They used a program to change all the display pics. There is a totally different sim hiding behind that download. I see the hair from Master Suite but it's not impossible to convert Sims 3 stuff to Second Life and it has been done.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Keth wrote: »
    This Sim is one big barrel of Custom Content and the creator doesn't, that I can see, list what CC has been used. Nothing for me shows up as red however. What's showing up a red and when is it doing it?

Every item on it is re. What @Jessa_Dakkar says might be true, but I usually don't have that issue, I always save stuff then check it, I never install straight from the exchange, thats just crazy talk.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Keth wrote: »

Every item on it is re. What @Jessa_Dakkar says might be true, but I usually don't have that issue, I always save stuff then check it, I never install straight from the exchange, thats just crazy talk.

Of course what I say is true, why would I say such a thing if I didn't know it to be true? ;D
    Anyhow...

So I downloaded the sim via the 'add to game' option. This option only adds the item to the launcher, it does not install anything at all into your game until you tell it to. Once it hits the launcher I go into the game files and in the downloads folder I drag the Sims3Pack to desktop and close out the launcher. Then I run it through Custard. This is my result..
    NicholeTSBCustard_zps1p1fnusk.png

Then I delete that file and download one more time, this time using the 'save as' option. Again, I drag the file to my desktop and then run it through Custard and this is what I get now..
    NicholeTSBCustardsave_zpsac8ysfxj.png

Does it mean that sim is corrupted? Not necessarily. Run it through the first way I described and then if you are getting red files then sure, it's probably bad - unless it is a world file, those are all red by default. The red files you see using the Save As method hasn't always been a thing, but it has been a thing for the last few years because I have talked about it for a long time in the forums.
    I also used a Sims3 multi-extractor on the sim you posted the link to, then ran each and every file through S3PE and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. A lot of CC sure, hair, nails, shoes, clothing, jewelry... I didn't see anything hiding in the files, I have found that before. I have found sims who carry furniture and houses with their files. I've seen sims pack with other sims. I've seen a lot of mess in the exchange, it can be a game wrecker if you don't know how to be careful with it. I've seen items with corrupted files get 'featured', it's no wonder the bad stuff spreads so crazy. As far as whether or not any of the CC which is listed with this sim can cause issues in the game, I don't know. I am only familiar with a handful of items known to cause glitching and I didn't see anything right off the bat here. Looks ok.