The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faulty CC since 14th July Patch

Comments

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi guys, quick question, since I'm a noob at mods and cc: I have only one cc skin default replacement, one cc eye color default replacement and one cc baby skin replacement... basically just these three files. I was wondering, can this type of cc break/bug the game? Especially if it's default replacement. Can it cause gameplay glitches or bugs?
    I'm asking because I'm experiencing some bugs with dine out and I'm trying to understand if it could be because of that (even if it seems impossible to me but oh well).

This patch had mesh-melting capabilities built in. Ask @cmarinetti :smiley: It hosed files that had not been touched by anything EA had done since launch, or maybe since GTW or GT (which broke MC's Dresser)... until now. They were skins and details. So yeah, even if 3 files is all you have, if they're all 3 skins or details, they're probably needing an update.

Anything can break this game. One little file might lead to armageddon. Worse when they do stuff to graphics, which just happened. (May not be the right term, I'm not a coder, but whatever they changed led to yet another mod storm.)

Thank you so much for the reply :blush:
    I had a feeling that skin/eye default cc could become buggy or bug out the game after this last patch, since it was a huge Cas overhaul. I'll definitely wait on the creators to update them if they can.
    The point of my concern was if one skin cc file could break the "run a restaurant" gameplay. Since I've experienced a lot of little bugs with it, while playing, I was wondering how that little cc could effect it. I was literally watching sims after sims arriving hours after I disallowed new costumers, asking myself "Oh god is it because of that eye default overlay?". In my head it didn't make much sense, although yes, that could be it.
    I used to have hundreds and hundreds of cc pieces in game, I know about that armageddon feeling. It's because of stuff like this that I eliminated almost all of it, beside those three files. I prioritize the game running smooth over the look of it, if the cc stops working.

Over at MTS someone posted about skin details breaking changing elder hair colors in CAS. Go figure. Cmar's files have been updated, they WORK... but, evidently there's something new going on between those files and what CAS wants now, because I can't see why skins would affect hair, but stranger things have definitely happened in this game.

Here's the post:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5035323#post5035323

If it's something sim-affecting, I'd say, check/verify it. The fix doesn't seem to be IN, yet.

Have you tried a vanilla game? Save a copy of your "real" game file to your desktop before you take anything out... then do it and see if things work better.

If you have MC, you can leave that in, just be aware the No Aging flag AND the "age while pregnant" setting BOTH are affected, but removing any No Aging flags and setting pregnancy aging to TRUE (not false which is the default) will take care of any age-bar weirdness you may see.

Example, with the flag Dennis showed 69/70 days and without it, 5/43 (as it should). Pregnant sims showed a 4 day lifespan with weird numbers, I had one with 11/15 and one with 16/20 showing, till I turned off that setting, and they're both registering properly again now.

Random weirdness abounds.

BTW, I have NOT tried running a restaurant as an owner, but I've visited some as a customer. Weird stuff, in one save it led to Clara Bjergsen having an extra spouse added.

I couldn't get rid of him, and I threw everything at that save that I know how to do. I ended up losing a gameday, I backed up from Monday night to a file from Monday MORNING to be sure she didn't get anywhere near the restaurant or the guy or the new very unpleasant surprise marriage scenario. Asinine bit of coding, that!

EA needs to fix their game. Really.

Good luck! :)

I don't have any mod, just those three cc files, altough I've used MC before :smile:
    Quite a few strange things happen in the vanilla game too, without them. Like, pregnant sims all of a sudden have their age bar go to full and sparkle until they give birth, which looks like they're about to age but they really don't in the end.
    I've tested the game without cc, but the bugs while running restaurants still happen. I tested it even after repairing the game.
    Thankfully, the cc I have doesn't seem to glitch anything in CAS. The only weird thing that I've seen happening to sims, and that might be cc related, is that some kids (not all of them) jump out of the crib with their eyes of a strange amber color that is not supposed to be in the game :hushed: ... and that has no relation with the parents genetic. The color changes once they become teens. And yet, I've seen people reporting this bug too after the update, while claming that they have a vanilla game.
    I didn't have the extra spouse bug, but I can tell you for sure that even running a restaurant is not safe when all of the costumers all of a sudden are in a flirty mood and begin to flirt with your sim. It's dozens of romantic autonomous interaction, really, you can't possibly control all of them. I had my sim simply go check on tables and welcome the costumers, and by the time he was done he had already four new love interests......... :neutral:

Hope as much as possible gets fixed soon.

About the pregnant aging, did you see that full bar thing in a TOTALLY VANILLA game? I need to know because we thought it was Deaderpool's flags and related settings that were broken, and that may not have been true after all, if it happened in a vanilla game.

I'm playing test games I really don't care that much about as far as what happens to who, as long as the game and mod stuff all plays nicely together. I may go to a restaurant just to see what happens to my unsuspecting sims. LOL!!

I did get annoyed in my "regular" game that a couple of MC-flagged HOMELESS (as in You Stay in the BIN!!) sims married their way onto the maps. Not supposed to happen. Its things like THAT I'm more interested in nailing down, rather than who's dragging who off to the nearest bush or closet. Might be an interesting day. :)

Yup. Totally happened in a vanilla game :neutral:
    *edit: it always happens now, there's not even one pregnancy when that doesn't happen.
    Something's up with the age bar since the last update, to be honest. When you hover over it, it no longer shows the days passing. It showes them only when you place the cursor on the green part of it, which is something that did not happen before. My guess it's that whatever they have changed about the age bar, it has to do with both things.
    The age bar gets back to normal once the sim has given birth tho, so... at least that still kinda works fine.
    The first time I noticed that I thought my sim glitched and was about to age up too soon, so I took her to the wishing well to wish for youthful vigor and... the well aged up my pregnant sim, so I couldn't even cas.fulleditmode her for days. Had to roll back to a previous save.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • netcatnetcat Posts: 17 Member
    Feyona wrote: »
    @SimGuruModSquad one of the brows is causing weird glitch (weird looking sims with big eyes and unusual looking skin).

Hi, I downloaded and deleted the 'corrupt' files from your rar-file. Then started sims 4 again and that face/skin with the big eyes showed up again :-(
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2016
    netcat wrote: »

Hi, I downloaded and deleted the 'corrupt' files from your rar-file. Then started sims 4 again and that face/skin with the big eyes showed up again :-(

Hi, I posted just 4 files that were causing glitch in my game and I have many more to sort out. There are thousand of items were created since Sims 4 launched and I bet that we have only 15% matching files. So the only advice I can give it's sort out your CC by dividing your files 50/50 and running the game. This is what I did and it took me 5 hours to find these 4 files.
    thx Feyona! that is going to be a hell of a job...because I have 17 GB cc..lol
  • gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    thx Feyona! that is going to be a plum of a job...because I have 17 GB cc..lol

Oh my gosh lol how did you manage to get so much?! :lol:

@Feyona, sorry I overlooked your post. I added the four files in the OP. :)
    Well, I removed my categorized CC maps one by one. Put them back one by one. Finally I've found the cc which caused the problem with the strange skin and the big eyes, this file: ' hana_acc_tphdjk '. Hope this helps.
    edited June 2016
    Well, I removed my categorized CC maps one by one. Put them back one by one. Finally I've found the cc which caused the problem with the strange skin and the big eyes, this file: ' hana_acc_tphdjk '. Hope this helps.

Hi, can you please upload the file? I'm having trouble backtracking it and perhaps having a look at the file itself will let allow me to find it easier so I can add it in the OP. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Also, I found another set of CC that causes my game not to start at all (appears in Processes, then disappears), at first I thought this was a hardware problem. I currently don't have time to pinpoint it (exam in a few hours!), so I'm just going to screenshot what I deleted.
    Set 1:
    DvgFyoq.png
    Wrdltc5.png

Set 2:
    8pldRNM.png

Set 3:
    72df146f73.png

- Pusheen posters by RainbowSpriinkles
    - A file named "[AOP] Pretty Pixel Faces"

I will have the time to pinpoint the problem later today, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. :)
    How do I do that? lol..well this is the site where I downloaded it: hohohohana dot tumblr dot com. It is the 'transparent hood jacket-acc'
    How do I do that? lol..well this is the site where I downloaded it: hohohohana dot tumblr dot com. It is the 'transparent hood jacket-acc'

Oh thank you! lol No need to upload it. :) I'll add it to the OP.

Again, thanks for sharing! :)
    Again, thanks for sharing! :)[/quote]

Yes, of course, anytime ;-))

edited June 2016
    thx Feyona! that is going to be a plum of a job...because I have 17 GB cc..lol
    What can I say... Accept my condolences... This is why I'm picky about CC and sort everything out by folders. The good thing is if you ever sorted your CC by subfolders, you don't have to worry about objects. Only CAS items cause this glitch with oddly looking sims.
    @dramatique thank you for posting that list.
    What can I say... Accept my condolences... This is why I'm picky about CC and sort everything out by folders. The good thing is if you ever sorted your CC by subfolders, you don't have to worry about objects. Only CAS items cause this glitch with oddly looking sims.
    @dramatique thank you for posting that list. [/quote]

Yes, you're right. I have all my folders sorted. My biggest folders are: sims 4 hairs + retextures, clothes and objects. Everytime I download cc I check them in Sims 4 CAS, daily.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Hi! I just wanted to add...I suffered from the big eyes/weird skin glitch and had none of those CC files in my game. I pored through all 300+ of my files and could not find the culprit. Basically, none of my CC was causing this. Turns out, renaming some of my CC folders did the trick and the glitch is gone. I don't know why or how but I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who is still struggling to solve this in their own game.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    One of our top crashes right now is due to a faulty piece of CC. This broken CC is some sort of CAS part, like a piece of clothing or accessory or hairstyle. The game is most likely crashing when the faulty CC is applied to a Sim from within CAS. This crash is still occurring fairly frequently, even after our newest patch this morning.

Anyone know what this faulty CC CAS part might be? There could be several different ones, I'm not sure. I've tried searching around myself without any luck thus far, so I figured I'd ask you all. :smile:

Thanks for the help!
    -SimGuruNick
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @Bananas_45 any insight here?

You're so good at finding CC I wanted to see if you'd take a shot at helping @SimGuruNick hunt this down. :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Hi @egwarhammer! Other than MaySims hairs, I haven't heard of anything CAS related not working.
    Hi! I just wanted to add...I suffered from the big eyes/weird skin glitch and had none of those CC files in my game. I pored through all 300+ of my files and could not find the culprit. Basically, none of my CC was causing this. Turns out, renaming some of my CC folders did the trick and the glitch is gone. I don't know why or how but I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who is still struggling to solve this in their own game.

Hi!

Now, that is weird indeed. May I ask which folder you renamed? maybe it helps other people

thanks
    edited June 2016
    @SimGuruNick are you talking about the files that make the game to crash or the one that cause glitches with sims? I copy an paste from another thread my message where I tagged Simgurumodsquad and posted 4 files that triggered the glitch with sims. There is a link to download 4 files that didn't crash the game.

One of the brows is causing weird glitch (weird looking sims with big eyes and unusual looking skin). I know that many users complain about this glitch. Four of the files that were causing this glitch I uploaded to dropbox. I tested it in freshly generated Mods folder with freshly generated Resource.sfg file.

12962902_m.jpg
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member

Hi!

Now, that is weird indeed. May I ask which folder you renamed? maybe it helps other people

thanks

I agree, it is weird but I know for certain, after clicking the randomize button in CAS a gazillion times, this is what was causing it for me. I used to have my CC separated into folders. The ones that seemed to be causing issues were CLOTHING and HAIR (all caps). I now have all my files in one combined folder named CC. I'm no longer getting this horrifying sims generated into my game.

My only guess is that somehow the names of my folders were somehow conflicting with one or multiple of my CC files since the patch/Dine Out release. I really have no idea for sure though.
    Yes, very strange. By the way, each randomized Sim now gives me standard 'babyhair' and 'Defined Cheeks by Nexus' I downloaded last week. lol..
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Thanks for this post. I just cleaned my cc folder and these 2 files were causing the booths issue:
    Chest of Drawers Jungle.package
    mango_s4_Courcelles_Tapis_RC1.package

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny3srq9e8yuqdq1/Faulty.7z?dl=0
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Thanks for this post. I just cleaned my cc folder and these 2 files were causing the booths issue:
    Chest of Drawers Jungle.package
    mango_s4_Courcelles_Tapis_RC1.package

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny3srq9e8yuqdq1/Faulty.7z?dl=0

Thanks! I'll add it on the OP. :)
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @SimGuruNick are you talking about the files that make the game to crash or the one that cause glitches with sims? I copy an paste from another thread my message where I tagged Simgurumodsquad and posted 4 files that triggered the glitch with sims. There is a link to download 4 files that didn't crash the game.

One of the brows is causing weird glitch (weird looking sims with big eyes and unusual looking skin). I know that many users complain about this glitch. Four of the files that were causing this glitch I uploaded to dropbox. I tested it in freshly generated Mods folder with freshly generated Resource.sfg file.

12962902_m.jpg

I'm looking for files that make the game crash. I've gotten some crashes on start-up using some of the MaySims hairs, as you all have mentioned, but I'm trying to investigate a different crash than that one. One where your game crashes when you apply a CAS part (clothing, hairstyle, accessory, etc) to a Sim. Thanks! :smile:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

12962902_m.jpg

I'm looking for files that make the game crash. I've gotten some crashes on start-up using some of the MaySims hairs, as you all have mentioned, but I'm trying to investigate a different crash than that one. One where your game crashes when you apply a CAS part (clothing, hairstyle, accessory, etc) to a Sim. Thanks! :smile:

A crash during CAS? I think there might have been a report or two in Bugs that was shaped like that. @rosemow does that sound familiar?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member

12962902_m.jpg

A crash during CAS? I think there might have been a report or two in Bugs that was shaped like that. @rosemow does that sound familiar?

Hello luthien.
    There was a simmer whose game crashes when choosing an aspiration, but they didn't have cc/mods. I am keeping my eyes out for other reports of crashing in CAS.