Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I played 8 Hours of the new patch and I CAN confirm...

LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
...That I have not seen a single townie wearing items from the opposite gender.

(EDIT: If you do see anything odd occurring on the clothing front @SimGuruArvin stated on twitter that @SimGuruNick and himself are the ones to report it to. PLEASE report it as this isn't what they planned for the patch.)

I'm almost a little upset because I think I would have creased up if i'd seen a butch man in a bandanna and camo pants, wearing the platform pink strappy shoes doing pressups outside the gym. I would have at-least had some additions for the fashion police threads!

Anyway because I saw everyone worrying about townies generating in their non assigned genders clothes I just had to test it out. I started a new save, made my own sims using the new tools and plonked them in the game. I set the play time to short, deleted allot of the townies (even the goths didnt escape), I wanted to generate as many townies as possible as quickly as possible) and waited to see what would happen. (I also opened an older abandoned save and did the same thing for a few hours)

So far, NONE of my new randomly generated townies have had the opposite genders clothes. I went into the town management screen and checked the new gender options for a few townies and none of them had the new options active. (so I changed a few bits around myself because frankly i love the patch).

So there you have it. I played from 7pm GMT to 3am GMT and so far everything seems to be working as the sim gurus planned.

Also the new lighting is beautiful and moonlight streaming through my windows at night in game is TO DIE FOR. I made a glass yoga/ meditation room and it looks awesome.

For CC concerns please check here

EDIT and its worth saying babies are still born male or female, the gender options dont activate till they become a teenager!

EDIT 2: As far as I can tell the only way to change a sim once they hit there teens is to use the full cas edit cheat, can anyone confirm there is an option i missed?

EDIT 3: In my lack of sleep state I missed it! (you can change sim on the dresser once they hit teens!)
tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
//Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
Post edited by LunaNova on

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know all is well with the townies. :) I had clown mania going on after the clown was added to the game so I was a bit concerned. It seems I have to run the repair option after every patch.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Thanks.
    I hope the people here kinda slow down their thread creation.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to let us know all is well with the townies. :) I had clown mania going on after the clown was added to the game so I was a bit concerned. It seems I have to run the repair option after every patch.

I think i'm lucky, theres only been one incident where ive had to repair the game in the past.

But as far as I can tell i've seen no men in skirts and no women with moustaches that i haven't created myself!

Being able to accurately portray more kinds of people in the game has made me really happy, and I know other people arn't feeling it. Some wont even patch the game because they are scared they will see something they don't want to. So I thought i'd best test it out and just tell people what the gurus have told us is true and that the only time your game is affected is when you actively go into create a sim and choose those options.

I just want everyone to feel comfortable in the game no matter what side of the fence they are on.
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »

EDIT and its worth saying babies are still born male or female, the gender options dont activate till they become a teenager!

Hey @LunaNova found this line interesting - can a baby be born with fluid gender characteristics? Or do you have the option to decide when they hit their teens? I haven't got that far!!

mattytude wrote: »

Hey @LunaNova found this line interesting - can a baby be born with fluid gender characteristics? Or do you have the option to decide when they hit their teens? I haven't got that far!!

I'm just forcing some pregnancy and aging up to show screen shots of what happens because by the time they had a kid it was like 2:30am and i didnt even get that far XD will have a reply on that for you ASAP
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    ...That I have not seen a single townie wearing items from the opposite gender.

I'm almost a little upset because I think I would have creased up if i'd seen a butch man in a bandanna and camo pants, wearing the platform pink strappy shoes doing pressups outside the gym. I would have at-least had some additions for the fashion police threads!

Anyway because I saw everyone worrying about townies generating in their non assigned genders clothes I just had to test it out. I started a new save, made my own sims using the new tools and plonked them in the game. I set the play time to short, deleted allot of the townies (even the goths didnt escape), I wanted to generate as many townies as possible as quickly as possible) and waited to see what would happen. (I also opened an older abandoned save and did the same thing for a few hours)

So far, NONE of my new randomly generated townies have had the opposite genders clothes. I went into the town management screen and checked the new gender options for a few townies and none of them had the new options active. (so I changed a few bits around myself because frankly i love the patch).

So there you have it. I played from 7pm GMT to 3am GMT and so far everything seems to be working as the sim gurus planned.

Also the new lighting is beautiful and moonlight streaming through my windows at night in game is TO DIE FOR. I made a glass yoga/ meditation room and it looks awesome.

Thank you for testing this out and letting us know.

I'm just forcing some pregnancy and aging up to show screen shots of what happens because by the time they had a kid it was like 2:30am and i didnt even get that far XD will have a reply on that for you ASAP

Haha!! Absolutely fair enough!! :):) I might get a shot at it myself a bit later on. WOuld be interesting to know if kids can make these life choices when they age up to teen! I know they would be able to choose any clothing etc, but would a "gender-change" as such be possible? Hmm! I will keep tuned to this thread if you get there before me!! :):) Great feedback so far - thank you for sharing! :)<3
  • madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member

The child is still born either strictly male or female. You get the option when they hit their teens.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
    @mattytude OKAY did a real quick test and it looks like you have to use testingcheats then cas.fulleditmode in order to change your sims gender identity. From the age of the child you can use both the masculine and feminine clothes but to actually change the details it requires cas.fulleditmode! Which i guess kinda makes sense. It would be nice to have the option of gender reassignment surgery in the games for those of us who'd want to change out sims gender but i'm guessing it was done this way for certain reasons. So for those of us who want it we can still do it, but for those who don't its not even an easily accessible option once your playing a sim.

@madoka unfortunately when they hit their teens there was no option i could find to change it withought the cheat, did i miss something? have you tried it?

@mattytude OKAY did a real quick test and it looks like you have to use testingcheats then cas.fulleditmode in order to change your sims gender identity. From the age of the child you can use both the masculine and feminine clothes but to actually change the details it requires cas.fulleditmode! Which i guess kinda makes sense. It would be nice to have the option of gender reassignment surgery in the games for those of us who'd want to change out sims gender but i'm guessing it was done this way for certain reasons. So for those of us who want it we can still do it, but for those who don't its not even an easily accessible option once your playing a sim.

@madoka unfortunately when they hit their teens there was no option i could find to change it withought the cheat, did i miss something? have you tried it?

You're a gem - thanks for testing it out!! I'm fine with using a cheat if the thought ever occurs to my that my little boy ought to be a girl! Haha. I think it's just another level of "Endless Customisation" and I'm loving it. I played yesterday for the first time in a lonnnggggg time and loving all the new CAS combinations you can put together now. Loving it, loving it, loving it!

Oh... and that lighting!! /swoons
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

Isn't there a new "change sim" option in the wardrobe? I thought that allowed to change everything like in cas.fulleditmode
  • EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
    Just curious - in all your 8+ hours of playing, did you not click on a wardrobe even once? For me and other players, this gives the new option of "change sim" which allows gender re-assignment and allows for the unlocking of CAS items for all gender options. If you did click on a wardrobe and that option does not exist for you, you may be experiencing a bug or you may be using CC that is not compatible with this patch.
    All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    #EAGameChangers

Isn't there a new "change sim" option in the wardrobe? I thought that allowed to change everything like in cas.fulleditmode

lemme have another look... BRB
    edited June 2016
    EngramAu wrote: »
    Just curious - in all your 8+ hours of playing, did you not click on a wardrobe even once? For me and other players, this gives the new option of "change sim" which allows gender re-assignment and allows for the unlocking of CAS items for all gender options. If you did click on a wardrobe and that option does not exist for you, you may be experiencing a bug or you may be using CC that is not compatible with this patch.

Yep i just checked XD bare in mind i have had a hanflu of hours sleep right now and i've obviously missed it XD

EDIT: also funnily enough thinking back i dont think i did click it untill i just now! Once i made my sims and was happy with them i was more focused on testing out whether townies spawned with the opposite genders clothing i didnt even put a dresser in the house XD
    @NeonHighways @EngramAu you know when your not looking for something initially and you just completly miss it when you go looking for it (like the car keys you put in a slightly diffrent spot the day before) thats what happened to me XD Just checked and its there! I feel so silly XD
  • EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
    Glad you have it and you're not experiencing a bug! And I totally understand - had I not read about that option being on wardrobe objects, I probably would have totally missed it as well.
    All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    #EAGameChangers
    Glad you have it and you're not experiencing a bug! And I totally understand - had I not read about that option being on wardrobe objects, I probably would have totally missed it as well.

I think in my excitment i missed a few things tbh, im glad the option is there! Theres a few things ive missed in the past that i only found out recently (like make up woohoo after an argument) when ive got 800+ hours of gameplay in the game according to origin.
  • 00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you, @LunaNova for taking the time to test this and pass on your findings.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

The option to "Change Sim" is also available on the base game drawers to, so you don't need the wardrobe from Get Together to do this. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Thanks for letting everyone know. I was a little put off at first but I sat down and started dressing one of my regular male sims in female sims clothing and had so many good laughs out of it, it turned out to be a great time. :) It's a ton of fun to play around with.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Thanks for the test.. it would have been horrible to see my males townies going around with a pink skirt, green socks and a yellow blazer, because that'll the real risk not males dressing as females but dressing as townie females.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I=Thanks for trying this out, this give me at ease .I'm glad this won't effect my game play. And I won't see any random generated of such.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Thank you for checking, @LunaNova ! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I can't say I'm not a tiny bit disappointed about townies not being generated with clothing previously restricted to the opposite gender, kinda wish there was an option for that. Overall, very happy with the patch :) Thanks Sims Team!!! <3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I can't say I'm not a tiny bit disappointed about townies not being generated with clothing previously restricted to the opposite gender, kinda wish there was an option for that. Overall, very happy with the patch :) Thanks Sims Team!!! <3

I wonder if it's moddable! I'm way behind on posts so might have missed if someone said it is.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.