Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Disturbs Me

Comments

• Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing the patch is optional when I need the fixes? I don't see where the content is an optional thing its already in my game as an option I don't call that optional I call it forced on me because I want the fixes.

????? This makes no sense. You literally DO NOT have to click the button to make a sim a cross dresser. So unless your computer mouse is possessed by demons, the button will not be pressed at any time. Are you not understanding? Are you purposely being difficult? I honestly can't tell.
    Don't twist what I said the patch added the content in my game already I don't care if its optional in the game not to use it. It's already there and the options to use it are there. Meaning that I rather have had it be an option for the content to be added in my game because its a patch to fix bugs. That is what I mean by forced to have it.

You're mad because the options are in your game? Wow... *puts palm to face* I feel my headache coming back...
    Your comments sound like a 6 year old throwing a fit because their sibling is looking out their window...
    Yes I am mad I never asked for that in my game. Everyone plays differently and I don't play that way. That is very inappropriate to say that because I don't like the forced content. You don't play my game and I am not sitting here telling you to accept something you might not like in your game so don't do that to me.

First of all, I am NOT telling you how to play your game. Second, I am NOT telling you to accept it. I am simply informing you that this patch is an OPTION. Inappropriate? Lol. About every plum comment you post is offensive and is reported, So don't tell me I'm being inappropriate. If you don't like it then DONT USE IT and direct your temper tantrum somewhere else ma'am....

You are being very catty with her, and deliberately egging things on. I usually don't ever get in between ppl, but there are times when I see the nit picking being fostered by one who is claiming he/she isn't. Frankly, I can't blame her for firing back. Why not just drop it, you're enjoying this little sparring match too much. I really don't understand why there has to be this pecking order or why it's allowed. Ok, fire at me now, I've developed some pretty thick skin from commenting online over the years. :-)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Is this going to turn into another thread @SimGuruDrake has to close? I thought we had moved beyond that.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    This thread should've been closed page one.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    LadyUcciLadyUcci Posts: 24 New Member
    This patch is NOT optional, if you do not update it, you can NOT play your game, I think it is UNFAIR to force everyone who plays this game to have to play something they don't want to...I have spent a TON of money on this game and in my belief there should be a way to turn this new gender stuff off if you don't want it in your game. Not everyone is ok with a man in a dress and I don't think we should be MADE to play it. There are mods out there for this exact thing, and if that's how someone wants to play their game then more power to them. But this is MY game and I don't want to play it like this. I am NOT bashing the LGBT community but this going too far. This is a game and EVERYONE plays their game differently and it shouldn't be forced on the whole sims community. I didn't ask for this update, I don't want this update and now I have NO desire to even play my game that I have loved so much and for so long and have been playing since The Sims original.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Pardon me, but is the optional part some sort of toggle thing? (I haven't updated my game yet.)

Because many simmers have asked for those...toggles...like for turning on/off Supernaturals, even toddlers!, etc...

Wonder what would happen and the reactions would be like if toddlers ever came in a patch, lol? Hmm...

It's literally three little buttons under the gender tags in cas... Also the clothing is filtered separately, so it's not even different what so ever to pre patch..

What about Townies? Are they affected? (Is this why some simmers are freaking out about this optional content?)

If the Townies aren't affected, and it's like an on/off switch kind of deal...what in the world are some simmers feeakinf out about (besides getting blinded by cross-dressers and transgendered folk)?

I mean, if we're talking about content "forced upon" us, then maybe I should be complaining about every bit of content from every patch and EP/GP/SP possible, like the pools, the clown, the gardener, the aliens that came with GTW, and so on.,.

I've heard some simmers wanting toggles for toddlers. Toddlers! Really? With that mentality, I want a toggle for every supernatural being "forced" upon me. (I dislike most Supernaturals, except fairies and mermaids.) What about a toggle for YA, teens, or Elders? (I don't like playing some stages, and some are identical in TS4.)

Let's make toggles for everything some simmers dislike, lol. :smiley: Maybe TS5 can be just a blank sim with an empty neighborhood and then we pay everything else in optional dlc (and download CC)? (Because no way is a business going to make money with free or free optional content. And it's not realistic, easy, or cost-effective to make every little thing optional...)

Nope! Townies aren't affected! Just hating on it because they can! No real problem, just ignorant views..
    Yes! It's the same with toddlers! I don't get it either! It's not forced at all but they still cant grasp the optional definition >.<
    If everything were all toggles like you said people would still scream "you forced this on me!!" Lol

What if someone told you this? this is the problem, you just said people are ignorant. That is where these defensive and arguments start when others can't respect each other.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    LadyUcci wrote: »
    This patch is NOT optional, if you do not update it, you can NOT play your game, I think it is UNFAIR to force everyone who plays this game to have to play something they don't want to...I have spent a TON of money on this game and in my belief there should be a way to turn this new gender stuff off if you don't want it in your game. Not everyone is ok with a man in a dress and I don't think we should be MADE to play it. There are mods out there for this exact thing, and if that's how someone wants to play their game then more power to them. But this is MY game and I don't want to play it like this. I am NOT bashing the LGBT community but this going too far. This is a game and EVERYONE plays their game differently and it shouldn't be forced on the whole sims community. I didn't ask for this update, I don't want this update and now I have NO desire to even play my game that I have loved so much and for so long and have been playing since The Sims original.

The content of patch is optional. You don't have to play any other way than how you want to. You can switch the gender options off and continue playing your way.
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I am NOT bashing the LGBT community but this going too far. l.

Lol, girl.

The content within the patch IS OPTIONAL.
    There's nothing further to be discussed.

This VIDEO GAME just became a lot more inclusive for people who DESIRE these new options.
    THERE IS NO PROBLEM.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Closing this thread until I've read through comments.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    Thread is reopened. Please keep things civil.

Additionally OP has been asked to adjust the title once I reopen this.

Thanks!
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't really have a problem with it. Some male stuff might look good on females and vice versa. Etspecially, since males do not have a lot of long hair. And since townies will spawn as usual, people who dislike it won't encounter it anyway.
    The problem I do have is that the forums have truned into tumblr- there were already pronoun threads (although pronouns absolutely do not matter in this game).
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    More choices is always good, TS4 did something that has not been done in previous games for a change and that is great.

Its all optional, lighting looks great. I love this patch.

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I can't believe this thread has gone this far. The OP was clearly mistaken in her assumptions about the patch, as shown in the patch notes, which have been linked as a source on page one to boot, and to top it off, in the hour or two since the thread was made, the OP hasn't replied to a single post since. Light the match to set the fire, and watch the place burn? :D Good job there, I guess.
    June 2 2016 Patch Notes

These options are entirely in your control and the game itself will not modify how Sims appear in your world. Instead this is about adding more tools in your toolbox, and letting you pick the tools that make sense to you while ignoring what doesn’t.

The worst part about the whole mess since the update hasn't even been all the name calling and agenda pushing. It's been the fact that people jump to conclusions and make assumptions prior to reading the facts, or testing out the features, or seeing pictures posted of the options available, or any of that.

It clearly says in the patch notes under the very first feature list (and prior to the feature even being discussed), that the game itself will remain as it's been and that only the player will (or should, depending on bugs I guess) have access to the new features as tools. And yet snarky remarks about how "townies will look more ridiculous now" pop up, even in the OP of this thread, made 12 hours post-patch release.

There are even 'hidden' extras in the patch such as more carpet and wall colors, more places to drink water from, "Ask to Just Be Friends" new break-up option... all going unnoticed, lol.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888767/hidden-features-not-in-the-patch-notes/p1
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I've got a question that concerns the term 'optional'. When I open my game (I've done the update), will the new gender thing be the default situation and do I have to turn it off? Or is it the other way around? (please if someone would be so kind to answer that question, could you tag me, it's a bit of a wild forrest out here concerning this subject ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited June 2016
    There are a million other "this is weird" posts that this could have been posted on without you having to make another one.

You do realize you could just ignore this ONE thread right? Also, lets not exaggerate, there are less than a handful and none of them are on the front page anymore. People can post what they want....
    You know what I do when a thread annoys me? I ignore it......
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I've got a question that concerns the term 'optional'. When I open my game (I've done the update), will the new gender thing be the default situation and do I have to turn it off? Or is it the other way around? (please if someone would be so kind to answer that question, could you tag me, it's a bit of a wild forrest out here concerning this subject ;))

It is the other way around.

When you go into CAS things will appear as they normally did--If you select that your Sim is male they will populate with the male CAS items that were always tagged for them as before with the same gender options as before--in order to use the additional clothing you will have to turn the male filter tag off to unlock almost the entire CAS library and you will have to click the three little dots (...) underneath the gender icons to adjust any of the gender settings (for instance you could change it so that your Sim still has a masculine frame, clothing preference is still masculine, they still get others pregnant, but they pee sitting down rather than standing up). Those options are completely opt-in if you so choose to use them. Otherwise if you just want to use CAS as you have always done then simply go through the same flow as you've always done. :)
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I have a question regarding CC. I love the idea of the whole girl wearing her boyfriend sweatshirt and jeans or little brother dressing up in big sister's clothes. I wonder how CC would work with the new mixing of the meshes. Would the CC be obsolete as in regards to that function because a lot of it the creators made their own meshes specific to one gender. Or is there something in the game engine that will mix the meshes automatically for unisex clothing?

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

I absolutely agree with you. I have been really busy and sick for the last 2 months and was actually going to play my game this evening, then I found out there was an update and read the patch notes.
    I personally do not have anything against the LGBT community, but I do not want gender identity forced in my game play. I feel like if the sims team could spend a year working on this, then they could have also fixed the incest bug. In addition, if they added this for the purpose of equality, then why not add some traditional family play too? Maybe if they had introduced a balance of play styles, it would not be so heated in so many threads today.
    I started a new game during the Easter Challenge. I have one male sim. The last time I played, he was in Granite Falls. I have aging off, he has all perfect plants and several aspirations done. I cannot play this game without updating to this patch. I do not want to go into this save file and find that his best friend Don is now wearing a dress and changed his name to Donna.
    I have tried to keep an open mind and have looked at several Youtuber's channels to see if indeed, this "option" does not affect townies, and so far, nobody has posted any game play, only "raving about the new gender options". Since nobody is showing any actual game play, I don't want to update and find out that my whole save file has changed from my traditional families to all new types of families.
    Everybody has there own way of playing which is why I love the Sims series, and I respect how other people want to play their games, and I would hope that other simmers reading this understand that I just don't want to play that way.
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake I have a question regarding CC. I love the idea of the whole girl wearing her boyfriend sweatshirt and jeans or little brother dressing up in big sister's clothes. I wonder how CC would work with the new mixing of the meshes. Would the CC be obsolete as in regards to that function because a lot of it the creators made their own meshes specific to one gender. Or is there something in the game engine that will mix the meshes automatically for unisex clothing?

As I don't feel I could properly explain it please check out this post by SimGuruModSquad here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888736/1-19-28-expanded-create-a-sim#latest

He does a much better job covering what changes have been made on a tech/coding side than I ever could XD Feel free to pass it on to any of your favorite CC makers who may not know we have this documentation available for them :)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,621 Member

I absolutely agree with you. I have been really busy and sick for the last 2 months and was actually going to play my game this evening, then I found out there was an update and read the patch notes.
    I personally do not have anything against the LGBT community, but I do not want gender identity forced in my game play. I feel like if the sims team could spend a year working on this, then they could have also fixed the incest bug. In addition, if they added this for the purpose of equality, then why not add some traditional family play too? Maybe if they had introduced a balance of play styles, it would not be so heated in so many threads today.
    I started a new game during the Easter Challenge. I have one male sim. The last time I played, he was in Granite Falls. I have aging off, he has all perfect plants and several aspirations done. I cannot play this game without updating to this patch. I do not want to go into this save file and find that his best friend Don is now wearing a dress and changed his name to Donna.
    I have tried to keep an open mind and have looked at several Youtuber's channels to see if indeed, this "option" does not affect townies, and so far, nobody has posted any game play, only "raving about the new gender options". Since nobody is showing any actual game play, I don't want to update and find out that my whole save file has changed from my traditional families to all new types of families.
    Everybody has there own way of playing which is why I love the Sims series, and I respect how other people want to play their games, and I would hope that other simmers reading this understand that I just don't want to play that way.

To put it in the frankest terms I can, my dude...

Townies (generated not imported via gallery), are defaultly "cis". When you start up CAS, it starts up defaultly cis, and DOES NOT go beyond the gender binaries unless you SPECIFICALLY customize it to. And even then, it's only for that one character. You can stick into your traditional transphobic world as much as you like.

CIS is the DEFAULT. Trans/Beyond Binary is the OPTION.

All it is doing is catering to those that aren't normally catered too. Don will not change to Donna unless you specifically set it so. Even if it theoretically did, you can CHANGE IT.

The only "surprise" you might get is if you import a sim from the Gallery that someone CUSTOMIZED their gender to be "non-cis" for the lack of better word. Even then, you can delete them or change it yourself and it won't change back.
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »

To put it in the frankest terms I can, my dude...

Townies (generated not imported via gallery), are defaultly "cis". When you start up CAS, it starts up defaultly cis, and DOES NOT go beyond the gender binaries unless you SPECIFICALLY customize it to. And even then, it's only for that one character. You can stick into your traditional transphobic world as much as you like.

CIS is the DEFAULT. Trans/Beyond Binary is the OPTION.

All it is doing is catering to those that aren't normally catered too. Don will not change to Donna unless you specifically set it so. Even if it theoretically did, you can CHANGE IT.

The only "surprise" you might get is if you import a sim from the Gallery that someone CUSTOMIZED their gender to be "non-cis" for the lack of better word. Even then, you can delete them or change it yourself and it won't change back.

Thank you so much for your insults, I guess it is not ok to not want to play my game as you want to play yours.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »

When you go into CAS things will appear as they normally did--If you select that your Sim is male they will populate with the male CAS items that were always tagged for them as before with the same gender options as before--in order to use the additional clothing you will have to turn the male filter tag off to unlock almost the entire CAS library and you will have to click the three little dots (...) underneath the gender icons to adjust any of the gender settings (for instance you could change it so that your Sim still has a masculine frame, clothing preference is still masculine, they still get others pregnant, but they pee sitting down rather than standing up). Those options are completely opt-in if you so choose to use them. Otherwise if you just want to use CAS as you have always done then simply go through the same flow as you've always done. :)
    Thanks for your clear and thorough response. Well, personally - and let me phrase this carefully - I don't see then how this is 'forced' on people at all. When you don't do anything it simply isn't there. I've had a lot of features forced on me in Sims 3 (vampires, mermaids), but this one is obviously handled the 'genie' way, so kudos for that on my behalf. And it's clear you made a lot of people very happy with this. I hope it's also possible to create a transgender (or a few) in your game and then turn it off again. The way the supernatural toggle is handled in 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2016
    You know what you can do, if you don't want to have this in your game? Mod it out. There will be enough people who don't like this. I'm personally always excited for more options :smile:
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,621 Member
    Where is the insult?? "Transphobic??" Well...I hate to break it to you, bruh...but what you said was very transphobic. No insult, just fact. You can do what you want how you want it; but all I was saying it won't affect how you play it. Rude? Perhaps. But no insults. I just do not appreciate seeing people up in arms over something that is NOT directly imposed on them and crying about it, when it seems like they're probably more upset that it isn't directly catered to them.

You can play however you would like, but don't go around expecting everyone to not comment on the things you post on a public forum.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Is there a way for me to continue my game without updating to this patch? In my post, I have a save file that I have spent hours on, and I do not want to loose the progress that I have made, and I just don't want the gender identity to affect my townies. I have tried to find out via Youtube, how the patch affects the pre-made households, but so far nobody is confirming whether or not there are bugs.

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top