Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Disturbs Me

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    And please stop saying 'opinion' like this thread title wasn't offensive.

The OP knew what they were doing and the same 'opinions' some of you are defending could be cut & pasted in as when someone was racist back in the day and FELT that they had merit to their 'opinion'.

Truth be told, opinions aren't even really NEEDED on this TOPIC since it's been SAID..and said...and said...AANNND said again that everything regarding the CAS IS optional.

'disturbing' sure offended me and the OP should've probably found another word if she was gonna make the same thread that's been made a dozen times today. You all want people to respect your opinions but you're not being very respectful to the transgender posters who're probably already logged off of this forum due to the amount of ignorant things posted here today.

'opinions' aren't supposed to do that.
    The only thing 'disturbing' is how you all use the 'opinions' shield to play off the sheer ignorance and hurtful things that have been said about the update and be honest, most of it was due to the trans-friendly portion of the update.
    If you don't want it in your game, IGNORE it.

There's literally no reason to be creating threads with the words 'disturbing' in it.
    No. reason.
    adu4i9k8
    I hate this patch it is disturbing. I have no problems with this in real life but when I am forced a patch with content I never asked for in my game then I am upset. You have to realize that not everyone is ok with cross dressing in the game. Though having said that I am giving it a chance for telling stories.

🐸🐸🐸🐸.. What part of optional do you not get? Seriously. The option for unisex clothing and all that is under three little dots and is filtered out, YOU DONT HAVE TO CLICK ON OR USE THEM.
    Random sims WONT be using unisex clothing so YOU WONT SEE THEM.
    Honestly... I do not see the forced part!!! Just because you don't want a certain feature in the game doesn't mean someone else doesn't! It's better to have the OPTION rather than it not to be there at all!!!

The forced part to any patch is maybe players want the option to opt out of said content patches? I know I would like to download new ways to play and new content separately from my bug fix patches. Today it is whatever, tomorrow maybe it's something you really didn't want. But had to take it even if you didn't want it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    xtahwyashctibxtahwyashctib Posts: 39 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

The forced part to any patch is maybe players want the option to opt out of said content patches? I know I would like to download new ways to play and new content separately from my bug fix patches. Today it is whatever, tomorrow maybe it's something you really didn't want. But had to take it even if you didn't want it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they never let us pick and choose which content we wanted in patches. Why would they start now?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

The OP knew what they were doing and the same 'opinions' some of you are defending could be cut & pasted in as when someone was racist back in the day and FELT that they had merit to their 'opinion'.

Truth be told, opinions aren't even really NEEDED on this TOPIC since it's been SAID..and said...and said...AANNND said again that everything regarding the CAS IS optional.

'disturbing' sure offended me and the OP should've probably found another word if she was gonna make the same thread that's been made a dozen times today. You all want people to respect your opinions but you're not being very respectful to the transgender posters who're probably already logged off of this forum due to the amount of ignorant things posted here today.

The only thing 'disturbing' is how you all use the 'opinions' shield to play off the sheer ignorance and hurtful things that have been said about the update and be honest, most of it was due to the trans-friendly portion of the update.

There's literally no reason to be creating threads with the words 'disturbing' in it.
    No. reason.
    adu4i9k8
    I hate this patch it is disturbing. I have no problems with this in real life but when I am forced a patch with content I never asked for in my game then I am upset. You have to realize that not everyone is ok with cross dressing in the game. Though having said that I am giving it a chance for telling stories.
    Well first of all the patch didn't just include changes in CAS which ARE so very optional and no you're not OKAY with that in your day to day life because you wouldn't be bothered by something that is OPTIONAL in the update.

You and the rest of the people whining about this are the only disturbing things related to this patch and discussion.
    Where are you seeing the patch is optional when I need the fixes? I don't see where the content is an optional thing its already in my game as an option I don't call that optional I call it forced on me because I want the fixes.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    Noogster wrote: »
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    Yes because men who wear "female" clothes, and females who wear "male" clothes, and trans people are so disturbing. I wish they wouldn't shove it down our throats!!11!! If only it was optional....oh wait! :|

They never said it was disgusting, they only stated they don't want it in their game. So why are you putting words in the OP's proverbial mouth? Just because they have a differing opinion to you doesn't mean you need to speak so harshly of them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, or at least that was what I was always taught.
    No she put her own words in her own mouth. Read the title. And where did I use the word "disgusting"?
    PATCH DISTURBS ME
    Considering the patch includes transgender sims, as well as non-gendered clothing, I think she might be saying that it's disturbing. Idk you tell me.

One word, autocorrect. Also the patch disturbs her, and that's her prerogative. Also, I don't see transgendered sims in this patch. I see unisex clothing, unisex hairs, peeing options, awesome lighting, and the ability to change a sim's bodytype and voice to be more inclusive. So yes, that's what I see, the ability to make the game more inclusive rather than exclusive.

It is hinting at trans sims, with the inclusiveness of mascluine and feminine voices together, masculine and feminine body types and the ability to conceive or not. All of that can create a trans sim.

I guess, but why can't it just be people. I mean deep down we're all humans so why the need for labels? I've never really fully understood that unless you're talking in biological terms, and even one day that may be done away with at the rate science is going.
  • Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they never let us pick and choose which content we wanted in patches. Why would they start now?

Because it would be nice if it could happen. Don't want Star Wars, no problem don't download. I like that idea.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes because men who wear "female" clothes, and females who wear "male" clothes, and trans people are so disturbing. I wish they wouldn't shove it down our throats!!11!! If only it was optional....oh wait! :|

They never said it was disgusting, they only stated they don't want it in their game. So why are you putting words in the OP's proverbial mouth? Just because they have a differing opinion to you doesn't mean you need to speak so harshly of them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, or at least that was what I was always taught.
    No she put her own words in her own mouth. Read the title. And where did I use the word "disgusting"?
    PATCH DISTURBS ME
    Considering the patch includes transgender sims, as well as non-gendered clothing, I think she might be saying that it's disturbing. Idk you tell me.

One word, autocorrect. Also the patch disturbs her, and that's her prerogative. Also, I don't see transgendered sims in this patch. I see unisex clothing, unisex hairs, peeing options, awesome lighting, and the ability to change a sim's bodytype and voice to be more inclusive. So yes, that's what I see, the ability to make the game more inclusive rather than exclusive.

It is hinting at trans sims, with the inclusiveness of mascluine and feminine voices together, masculine and feminine body types and the ability to conceive or not. All of that can create a trans sim.

I guess, but why can't it just be people. I mean deep down we're all humans so why the need for labels? I've never really fully understood that unless you're talking in biological terms, and even one day that may be done away with at the rate science is going.
    We need labels because it's easier to convey your emotions/opinions/ect. whenever you use them.

Instead of saying "I'm attracted to people of the same sex" you can just say "I'm gay" to the same effect.
    Instead of saying "I don't identify with the gender that was given to me at birth" you can just say "I'm trans."

Are labels always necessary? No, because people question things sometimes and what they identify as or what their sexuality is can change. But they are helpful.
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member

No. reason.
    adu4i9k8

🐸🐸🐸🐸.. What part of optional do you not get? Seriously. The option for unisex clothing and all that is under three little dots and is filtered out, YOU DONT HAVE TO CLICK ON OR USE THEM.
    Honestly... I do not see the forced part!!! Just because you don't want a certain feature in the game doesn't mean someone else doesn't! It's better to have the OPTION rather than it not to be there at all!!!

In all reality, this is optional. It's like adding spooky stuff to the game, there is no holidays in the game but you can have Halloween whenever you want. You use the Halloween decor whenever you want it to be Halloween. If you don't want it to be Halloween, then you simply don't use the Halloween decor. Simple...
  • Options
    mousemuffinmousemuffin Posts: 27 Member
    I have never seen someone so unable to grasp what the word "optional" means in my entire life. Especially after endless, and might I add calm, explanations from MANY people.

If you get the patch to fix your bugs you will get these OPTIONS added. The default is EXACTLY how your game was before this. If you go into your game right now and play it is exactly the same as before. You never ever have to use any of these OPTIONS, because they are OPTIONAL to enable and use. No townies will ever appear using these options or dressing in the clothes made for the other genders. If no one had told you this was included in the patch you wouldn't have even noticed until you went into CAS and saw a tiny extra box for extra options. Your game is EXACTLY the same as before. There is just now an extra option menu if you WANT to use it. You don't have to.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member

This is why they options. You never have to touch it if you don't want too...
    She knows, she just doesn't want to hear it. In through one ear, out the other.
  • Options

PATCH DISTURBS ME

We need labels because it's easier to convey your emotions/opinions/ect. whenever you use them.

Instead of saying "I'm attracted to people of the same sex" you can just say "I'm gay" to the same effect.
    Instead of saying "I don't identify with the gender that was given to me at birth" you can just say "I'm trans."

Are labels always necessary? No, because people question things sometimes and what they identify as or what their sexuality is can change. But they are helpful.

It will be a good day when there are no labels and people want feel like they need them. I like I'm human.
  • Options
    Where are you seeing the patch is optional when I need the fixes? I don't see where the content is an optional thing its already in my game as an option I don't call that optional I call it forced on me because I want the fixes.

????? This makes no sense. You literally DO NOT have to click the button to make a sim a cross dresser. So unless your computer mouse is possessed by demons, the button will not be pressed at any time. Are you not understanding? Are you purposely being difficult? I honestly can't tell.
    Don't twist what I said the patch added the content in my game already I don't care if its optional in the game not to use it. It's already there and the options to use it are there. Meaning that I rather have had it be an option for the content to be added in my game because its a patch to fix bugs. That is what I mean by forced to have it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    If I'm being honest, I think people who are so upset by this have some underlying prejudices, otherwise why would they be so upset about the unisex clothing? If you don't have to use the content if you can literally just leave everything the way it is, why are people getting so plumming upset?

Hating because they can? That's how I'm seeing it..
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    If I'm being honest, I think people who are so upset by this have some underlying prejudices, otherwise why would they be so upset about the unisex clothing? If you don't have to use the content if you can literally just leave everything the way it is, why are people getting so plumming upset?

Yes and its utterly late and tiring.
    Especially for people who want us to 'respect their opinions'.

hgh12p1l
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member

????? This makes no sense. You literally DO NOT have to click the button to make a sim a cross dresser. So unless your computer mouse is possessed by demons, the button will not be pressed at any time. Are you not understanding? Are you purposely being difficult? I honestly can't tell.
    Don't twist what I said the patch added the content in my game already I don't care if its optional in the game not to use it. It's already there and the options to use it are there. Meaning that I rather have had it be an option for the content to be added in my game because its a patch to fix bugs. That is what I mean by forced to have it.
    How sad. Do you want us to hold a prayer vigil? I'm sorry that the demon of unisex clothing has infected your holy game. I shudder to think of how this must be affecting your life.
    tumblr_inline_ni01f0E6af1ryw50a.gif
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Oh please not such a thread again.
    We all know what happened yesterday.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2016

PATCH DISTURBS ME

No.

I'm a female and Ase.xual, and proud of it. Please respect my right to be called whatever it is I want to be called or addressed as.

I'm Hispanic. You want to take away that "label", too? :frowning: Oh, I'm also Christian. You want take away my religious label, too? (Since people are all the same, so religions must be the same too, right? Why do we need all of those denomination labels and stuff? /sarcasm)

Let's be real: The real world is not color-blind, race-blind, sex/gender-blind, or orientation-blind, blind to religion, etc.

For some people, they need labels to form communities with common interests and have similar experiences and support each other.

Some of us need our personal support systems and our various communities.

I would ask you if you could please respect that.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

No. reason.
    adu4i9k8

In all reality, this is optional. It's like adding spooky stuff to the game, there is no holidays in the game but you can have Halloween whenever you want. You use the Halloween decor whenever you want it to be Halloween. If you don't want it to be Halloween, then you simply don't use the Halloween decor. Simple...
    Wow really that isn't the same as a patch that fixes bugs.Of course you don't have to buy the content if you don't want it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member

PATCH DISTURBS ME

Yes but labels just complicate things. I think I need to be abducted by aliens and sent to another planet sometimes because humans just confuse me sometimes.
  • Options

No. reason.
    adu4i9k8

I very aware it's all optional inside the game and thanked them first thing for making it optional. I may use some outfits myself for some Sims, but I'm probably not going to play a transgender Sim. I have problems with some of the meshes and the new patch gave me weird bugs in my game like my house's wall is missing. For real. So, I'm not here to debate right or wrong I'm just saying people shouldn't force their views on other people. I don't force mine on anyone. Though if I were true to what I believe I'm supposed to if that sounds logical to you. I am just here to see if I can get my game fixed and to be honest I didn't need or want this and would have preferred a really, really good bug fix patch so I can go back to my game. But it's been broken for over a month so .,...time on my hands.

• Options

You're mad because the options are in your game? Wow... *puts palm to face* I feel my headache coming back...
    Your comments sound like a 6 year old throwing a fit because their sibling is looking out their window...
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,859 Member
    I thought you all liked options?
    My Top Song of the Day: Still Fly by The Devil Wears Prada
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I thought you all liked options?

Here I thought options expanded the game and made it better, not backwards and "disturbing".. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top