Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Disturbs Me

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sometimes, we often forget we all come from different backgrounds and cultures and teachings and ideas and life experiences. It is up to us to to remember that. Not everyone in the whole world would love this patch and that is just a fact.

Yes, but there is no need to be hateful or say hurtful things to others. A lot of people are forgetting about this part too. We can all have different backgrounds but we should be able to come together without tearing others down.

I don't think I have done that have I? I hope not. But let's let people have their feedback why not? if they are unhappy why should anyone rush in and tell them how wrong they are for being unhappy? And or call them names because they are unhappy. I'm unhappy for other reasons. But I'm not you and you aren't me so in the real world it's not right to tell people they shouldn't be unhappy. I don't like thought police.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    From what I've heard of this aspect of the patch...It's optional, isn't it?

Also, umm...what's "disturbing" about it? :frowning:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    Yes because men who wear "female" clothes, and females who wear "male" clothes, and trans people are so disturbing. I wish they wouldn't shove it down our throats!!11!! If only it was optional....oh wait! :|

They never said it was disgusting, they only stated they don't want it in their game. So why are you putting words in the OP's proverbial mouth? Just because they have a differing opinion to you doesn't mean you need to speak so harshly of them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, or at least that was what I was always taught.
    No she put her own words in her own mouth. Read the title. And where did I use the word "disgusting"?
    PATCH DISTURBS ME
    Considering the patch includes transgender sims, as well as non-gendered clothing, I think she might be saying that it's disturbing. Idk you tell me.

One word, autocorrect. Also the patch disturbs her, and that's her prerogative. Also, I don't see transgendered sims in this patch. I see unisex clothing, unisex hairs, peeing options, awesome lighting, and the ability to change a sim's bodytype and voice to be more inclusive. So yes, that's what I see, the ability to make the game more inclusive rather than exclusive.
  • Options
    lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2016

I don't think I have done that have I? I hope not. But let's let people have their feedback why not? if they are unhappy why should anyone rush in and tell them how wrong they are for being unhappy? And or call them names because they are unhappy. I'm unhappy for other reasons. But I'm not you and you aren't me so in the real world it's not right to tell people they shouldn't be unhappy. I don't like thought police.

I don't think i ever said you were? Being unhappy is not an excuse for being hateful to other people.
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    I can only imagine what it would be like if this patch wasn't optional

Yeesh..
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options

I don't think i ever said you were?

No, I just wanted to make sure. I am happy it's optional.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    xtahwyashctibxtahwyashctib Posts: 39 Member
    Sometimes, we often forget we all come from different backgrounds and cultures and teachings and ideas and life experiences. It is up to us to to remember that. Not everyone in the whole world would love this patch and that is just a fact.

Yes, but there is no need to be hateful or say hurtful things to others. A lot of people are forgetting about this part too. We can all have different backgrounds but we should be able to come together without tearing others down.

Why not let people be unhappy? I witnessed TOTAL CHAOS today with transgendered people called every name in the book. People being banned over it. What if someone you loved was trans? Would you still sit there and say "who cares, let them say it" when they are being called a freak and told they must have some sort of mental problem? I doubt it.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    Alright let's get one thing straight here. The patch is NOT optional. At least if you want to get the lighting update and/or play your game in the future. However, the content in the patch IS optional.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes because men who wear "female" clothes, and females who wear "male" clothes, and trans people are so disturbing. I wish they wouldn't shove it down our throats!!11!! If only it was optional....oh wait! :|

They never said it was disgusting, they only stated they don't want it in their game. So why are you putting words in the OP's proverbial mouth? Just because they have a differing opinion to you doesn't mean you need to speak so harshly of them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, or at least that was what I was always taught.
    No she put her own words in her own mouth. Read the title. And where did I use the word "disgusting"?
    PATCH DISTURBS ME
    Considering the patch includes transgender sims, as well as non-gendered clothing, I think she might be saying that it's disturbing. Idk you tell me.

One word, autocorrect. Also the patch disturbs her, and that's her prerogative. Also, I don't see transgendered sims in this patch. I see unisex clothing, unisex hairs, peeing options, awesome lighting, and the ability to change a sim's bodytype and voice to be more inclusive. So yes, that's what I see, the ability to make the game more inclusive rather than exclusive.

It is hinting at trans sims, with the inclusiveness of mascluine and feminine voices together, masculine and feminine body types and the ability to conceive or not. All of that can create a trans sim.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

PATCH DISTURBS ME

And this optional "inclusive" aspect, which is optional, is..."disturbing", why?

It's optional, last time I checked...?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

No, I just wanted to make sure. I am happy it's optional.

Well i am too, but my point still stands. There is no reason for people to personally attack others on this site.

• Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    Geez after seeing how people cut up on this forum , I now understand what "troll teh forums" means in the game. Appropriate shade lol.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I hate this patch it is disturbing. I have no problems with this in real life but when I am forced a patch with content I never asked for in my game then I am upset. You have to realize that not everyone is ok with cross dressing in the game. Though having said that I am giving it a chance for telling stories.

This is why they options. You never have to touch it if you don't want too...

• Options

Why not let people be unhappy? I witnessed TOTAL CHAOS today with transgendered people called every name in the book. People being banned over it. What if someone you loved was trans? Would you still sit there and say "who cares, let them say it" when they are being called a freak and told they must have some sort of mental problem? I doubt it.

Please, don't put words in my mouth. I have other reasons to be concerned about a patch. I have not said any such thing today or any other day which would imply I think 'who cares'. I don't agree with calling anyone a name. However, we don't have the right to get into the OPs mind to find out or make fun if she is disturbed. And frankly sometimes people aren't going to accept me, whoever I am, or you or anybody for anything and trying to bash them into isn't going to work. Trying to shame people into your way of thinking or me into my way of thinking is just wrong.
  • Options
    And please stop saying 'opinion' like this thread title wasn't offensive.

The OP knew what they were doing and the same 'opinions' some of you are defending could be cut & pasted in as when someone was racist back in the day and FELT that they had merit to their 'opinion'.

Truth be told, opinions aren't even really NEEDED on this TOPIC since it's been SAID..and said...and said...AANNND said again that everything regarding the CAS IS optional.

'disturbing' sure offended me and the OP should've probably found another word if she was gonna make the same thread that's been made a dozen times today. You all want people to respect your opinions but you're not being very respectful to the transgender posters who're probably already logged off of this forum due to the amount of ignorant things posted here today.

'opinions' aren't supposed to do that.
    The only thing 'disturbing' is how you all use the 'opinions' shield to play off the sheer ignorance and hurtful things that have been said about the update and be honest, most of it was due to the trans-friendly portion of the update.
    If you don't want it in your game, IGNORE it.

There's literally no reason to be creating threads with the words 'disturbing' in it.
    No. reason.
    adu4i9k8
    I hate this patch it is disturbing. I have no problems with this in real life but when I am forced a patch with content I never asked for in my game then I am upset. You have to realize that not everyone is ok with cross dressing in the game. Though having said that I am giving it a chance for telling stories.

But the content of the patch is optional. You can have everything else in the patch and still switch off certain things to your liking! It's only a few clicks here and there in the options menu.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

It wasn't optional its in my game as an option is it not?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

The content of the patch is optional aka you can remove it. Meaning you don't have to see it, play it, use it, etc. If you don't want too.
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    But the content of the patch is optional. You can have everything else in the patch and still switch off certain things to your liking! It's only a few clicks here and there in the options menu.

It isn't even that much effort is it? I think in CAS all the defaults are set to as things were,so if you just never touch anything to do with the CAS updates then your game will be the same as ever- I might be wrong it's almost 6am here and I haven't slept yet,hopefully someone with better brain function can say definitively.

"It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member

The OP knew what they were doing and the same 'opinions' some of you are defending could be cut & pasted in as when someone was racist back in the day and FELT that they had merit to their 'opinion'.

Truth be told, opinions aren't even really NEEDED on this TOPIC since it's been SAID..and said...and said...AANNND said again that everything regarding the CAS IS optional.

'disturbing' sure offended me and the OP should've probably found another word if she was gonna make the same thread that's been made a dozen times today. You all want people to respect your opinions but you're not being very respectful to the transgender posters who're probably already logged off of this forum due to the amount of ignorant things posted here today.

The only thing 'disturbing' is how you all use the 'opinions' shield to play off the sheer ignorance and hurtful things that have been said about the update and be honest, most of it was due to the trans-friendly portion of the update.

There's literally no reason to be creating threads with the words 'disturbing' in it.
    No. reason.
    adu4i9k8
    Well first of all the patch didn't just include changes in CAS which ARE so very optional and no you're not OKAY with that in your day to day life because you wouldn't be bothered by something that is OPTIONAL in the update.

You and the rest of the people whining about this are the only disturbing things related to this patch and discussion.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member

It wasn't optional

IT is.
    It's in your game as a part of a patch.

You're not being FORCED to play any differently than you were before.

xo0yscju
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    [

Do not twist my words around. I never said the patch was optional. I said that there were OPTIONS. Just don't change anything in the CAS.

• Options
    Girkl wrote: »

It isn't even that much effort is it? I think in CAS all the defaults are set to as things were,so if you just never touch anything to do with the CAS updates then your game will be the same as ever- I might be wrong it's almost 6am here and I haven't slept yet,hopefully someone with better brain function can say definitively.

I mean quick and painless to be honest
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member

No. reason.
    adu4i9k8

🐸🐸🐸🐸.. What part of optional do you not get? Seriously. The option for unisex clothing and all that is under three little dots and is filtered out, YOU DONT HAVE TO CLICK ON OR USE THEM.
    Random sims WONT be using unisex clothing so YOU WONT SEE THEM.
    Honestly... I do not see the forced part!!! Just because you don't want a certain feature in the game doesn't mean someone else doesn't! It's better to have the OPTION rather than it not to be there at all!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top