Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one having this issue?

AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
While i am kinda happy with the new patch (really just the like m-preg part, i play on low setting so i can not use the new lighting and how the body shapes by themselves are weird, and how this is favoring the female sims more; though that's a whole different story). I find the clothing for men ugly. Not only do they give my males hints of breast (but some will tweak with my sims chest and body).

Edit: Unless i am the only who wants an outfit that does not give my men boobs.

I took out my Mods folders twice, didn't work
Repaired game twice, didn't work
generated a new game file twice, didn't work
restarted computer, didn't work

Below are some examples i took.
Before *my boy SunJae
before%20top_zpszr1mnnj6.png~original
Afters
top%202_zpsus0zvaxk.png~original
after%20top_zpsekddosvw.png~original

My boy Jae (CC skirt and high heel boots i have)
After%20my%20CC_zpsmvzb7sdf.png~original
After (EA items)
After%20fulbody_zpsgknnneqd.png~original
top%203_zpsywec2nbv.png~original
Example%204_zpsmizw3zgx.png~original

At least this proves that it not as simple as taking a female clothing and checking male, that you would need a whole new mesh-.-

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    oh? Look at this sim:
    tPP0gwz.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    oh? Look at this sim:
    tPP0gwz.png

Hmm.. i still find the body shape weird like his whole middle shrank giving him some weird curves, and his shoulders are wider than his hips. Though it just could be my preference and view (i like the fishy, or pretty ones more than i like a super buff one stuff in a dress two sizes to small.)

Good sims though :)
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Hmm.. i still find the body shape weird like his whole middle shrank giving him some weird curves, and his shoulders are wider than his hips.
    That's natural. They are still biologically males.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i just tested it it looks like it depends on what you select

for example compare
    107kf0j.png

with
    mh55vn.png
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Speaking as a female, sometimes you have to go to a lot of stores before you find the right dress
  • Options
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    Hmm.. i still find the body shape weird like his whole middle shrank giving him some weird curves, and his shoulders are wider than his hips.
    That's natural. They are still biologically males.

While i understand that i known a few male to have pronate body (shoulders and hips same size) not every male has a v-shape body or really small hips that they look top heavy.
    imhappy wrote: »
    Speaking as a female, sometimes you have to go to a lot of stores before you find the right dress

Cis female i do know how hard it is to find a dress (though i very rarely ware them, rarely do i even shop for clothing) I swear i can't put on a dress without thinking i look weird.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ceejay402 wrote: »

for example compare
    107kf0j.png

with
    mh55vn.png

I saw that it is just with some clothing, i was just wondering why all the clothing could not morph my males, or pop boobs on them. Guess i wouldn't be using Unisex items or the body anytime soon. :neutral:

Edit: I mean i love the white jacket with striped shirt if it didn't make my boy look like he has a size C chest.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

for example compare
    107kf0j.png

with
    mh55vn.png

I saw that it is just with some clothing, i was just wondering why all the clothing could not morph my males, or pop boobs on them. Guess i wouldn't be using Unisex items or the body anytime soon. :neutral:

Edit: I mean i love the white jacket with striped shirt if it didn't make my boy look like he has a size C chest.

Yeah it's not perfect let's hope modders can either add a better slider to remove or someone fixes the options
  • Options
    TetraFantasyTetraFantasy Posts: 3 New Member
    I noticed the boobs of my female sims look....pointy(?) when wearing masculine clothing.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Maybe this is what was meant in the patch notes.... "*We came close to 100% coverage of all assets, but some were proving difficult for various reasons. We chose to lean towards the ‘give access to more’ over the ‘make everything perfect’ side however. Let us know about any issues you run against."

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888722/june-2-2016-patch-notes#latest
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Yeah I do think that's what that note was referencing @NZsimm3r - I was exploring some of the new CAS and I for sure noticed some items work across genders better than others - some of the male items give my female sims pointy chest areas and bubble butts that they don't have and some of the female items give my male sims the appearance have having a rather noticeable chest area even when they don't - hopefully some of these will get further tweaked as we go on. But I also noticed that this can depend on the size of the sim - my super skinny flat sims don't seem to fare as well, whereas my sims with more meat seem to carry the conversions a bit better.