Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to play old versions of the sims 4

kitcendokitcendo Posts: 5 New Member
Origin automatically updates my The Sims 4 (to 1.19.xxxxxx i can't remember)
then a lot of my mods not working

i'm very happy with my old version
i don't want to play the newest one
i just want to play what working with my stuff

delete mods or wait for mods creator fix it are not my choice
please help me
i just want to rollback what i have

sorry for bad english
thankyou

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Hey @kitcendo and welcome are you asking how to roll back a game patch? If so sorry there is no way
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    I am sorry that you are having issues with your mods.
    You are unable to roll back to an earlier version. You will need to remove the mods that are causing issues or are not working , and wait until the creators make an updated version. I am sorry :(
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    The only way to stay with an old patch is to disconnect your computer from the Internet before it gets patched to the new one. Also, there is a setting in Origin to turn off auto-patching. I'm just posting this here for reference for anyone who hasn't patched yet and for future patches.
  • Options
    kitcendokitcendo Posts: 5 New Member
    thank for everyone

first, i think there is easy to do it because it is not complicate thing
    heard it is impossible make me so sad T T
  • Options
    MarcustzbMarcustzb Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2017
    So i was uninstalled the game and reinstall it with TS4 disc and after Installed the game, I simply opens it without updating via origin.
    It's shows TS4 Old main menu once I opened it.
    Post edited by Marcustzb on
    Find me via Origin, Search by my name from my profile :)
  • Options
    Justscorpio112Justscorpio112 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys..

i've found something that might work if youre having trouble with the update, and the game doesn't load your mods. just follow these instructions ->

1. go here C:\Users\name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
    2. open the "Options" (config settings file)
    3. find "modsdisabled" and change the value from 1 to 0

this worked for me guys.
    let me know if this helps you out ;)
  • Options
    taykitchtaykitch Posts: 1 New Member
    hey i change my modsdisabled to o not 1 its not fixing my mods in the games
  • Options
    anabananazanabananaz Posts: 1 New Member
    OMGG IM SO MAD WITH THE NEW UPDATE! ALL OF MY MODS ARE GONE! DOIHAVE TOWAITFOR THE CREATORS TO FIX IT? HOW LONG DOES THAT USALLY TAKE??? IM SO MAD RNNN
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited April 2023
    anabananaz wrote: »
    OMGG IM SO MAD WITH THE NEW UPDATE! ALL OF MY MODS ARE GONE! DOIHAVE TOWAITFOR THE CREATORS TO FIX IT? HOW LONG DOES THAT USALLY TAKE??? IM SO MAD RNNN

Updates automatically disable mods. Just click on the options tab in your game to re-enable them. Many mods have already been cleared. Here is a link to the current thread which lists most mods that have been cleared or broken with the new patch. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008121/broken-updated-mods-cc-april-2023-spring-kits-patch/p1

Please keep in mind that when you choose to use mods, it's your responsibility to remove broken mods before enabling them again in your game. You can check the thread above for links to update most mods. Usually it doesn't take long, but I still have some mods removed from the prior update that have not yet been cleared.