Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Please Add Self Employment to The Sims 4 **

This Unemployment don't cut it for my Sims. I would love to have my sims employment listed as Self Employed as was in Sims 3. I know there is no court house to register a Sims Self Employment but they can use the computer to register.

I'm not the kind of Simmer who play the available careers with all my sims and they are far from Unemployed when they are Painting into a million simolean income. Currently I'm playing a farming family who use the garden as their fortune with a custom built farm/home in play. I would like a Roadside Stand used for selling Art work or Food grown in the family gardens. I know you can build stores for that but that process is too long and takes away from the love of painting and gardening. A internet market for collectors or programmer skills.

I need to see self employment in TS4.

Self Employment Fields

Painter or Artist,
Farmer or Gardener,
Programmer, Author,
Collector
Store Owner,
Restaurant Owner

Are there other hobbies or skills that can be listed in the Self Employed category?
Am I the only one who plays this way?

Comments

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I would love that too. It makes no sense that a store owner is categorized as unemployed.
  • CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    I love this!! :)
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Yes I need this! I have an ambitious sim who owns and runs a very successful retail store but he is always tense from being unemployed :|
  • GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    I haven't played with sims in the retail area just yet... reading this is surprising. How can you be an owner, but you're unemployed? If anything you're self-employed, not unemployed. Ahh -- enough of my pet peeves at the moment.

I don't think you're the only one that plays this way. The only careers I liked for my sims were the ones that could work for themselves or worked where I could follow them to work.

The Sims 4 is lacking in this area, but I wish it will be improved. I love to have and more so, to 'see' my sims working and earning a living, but it's so very limited at the moment.
    [Fan since The Sims]

• FinnatixFinnatix Posts: 46 Member
    Such excellent ideas :)
    It's bit rediculous that my hard working store owner/painter with a decent income is listed as unemployed....
  • AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    I'd like to see them add "work from home" as an option. So, you'd be Self Employed and could sell your creations from your house. Have a small shop in the front of your lot, or live in the basement / second floor of a building where the first floor is all shops.
  • agoanstendagoanstend Posts: 13 New Member
    You can run a Get-To-Work store if you buy Get-To-Work for 40$ U.S , You can self craft,In turn self sale, In turn get skyrocket cash or slums cash.
  • sherykahsherykah Posts: 32 Member
    Alorxico wrote: »
    I'd like to see them add "work from home" as an option. So, you'd be Self Employed and could sell your creations from your house. Have a small shop in the front of your lot, or live in the basement / second floor of a building where the first floor is all shops.

Love it. I see some Sims in the game that are "Stay at Home Mom" but what but that still doesn't cover Self Employed.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    sherykah wrote: »
    I need to see self employment in TS4.

Self Employment Fields

Painter or Artist,
    Farmer or Gardener,
    Programmer, Author,
    Collector
    Store Owner,
    Restaurant Owner

Are there other hobbies or skills that can be listed in the Self Employed category?
    Am I the only one who plays this way?

Musician could be a self-employment option as well :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Way overdue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited January 2017
    sherykah wrote: »
    I would like a Roadside Stand used for selling Art work or Food grown in the family gardens. I know you can build stores for that but that process is too long and takes away from the love of painting and gardening. A internet market for collectors or programmer skills.

Restaurant Owner
    With Dine Out, you can now own a Restaurant.

And with City Living, there are a couple objects of note: The Street Gallery. Allows you to put Paintings on display and sell them. Gives options in regards to starting a "Yard Sale" and marking up prices.

And the Come and Get It Street Store. Same mechanics as The Street Gallery, more or less, but for selling other types of items. It even names Produce as one type you can sell in the description.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    agoanstend wrote: »
    You can run a Get-To-Work store if you buy Get-To-Work for 40$ U.S , You can self craft,In turn self sale, In turn get skyrocket cash or slums cash.

Please read.. yes you CAN own a store with Get to Work. But it's not considered a JOB of any sort. Since if you ONLY run a store-the game considers you UNEMPLOYED.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I would love for this to make a return. I was delighted when they added this in TS3. It'd be great if they'd patch it in or something to TS4.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    This would be great. It always bugs me when my successful business owners with the Ambitious trait get tense because they are "unemployed".
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Signed... I really, really want this to come back too!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Oh I forgot we did that in Sims 3 yeah we need to bring that back.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I forgot about that gameplay in Sims 3 yeah self employed would be awesome in Sims 4.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    This thread is from June and they STILL haven't patched this in. I was just making a sim the other day, who should have been ambitious, but I knew I wanted him to garden and own a store..... So I didn't even bother because I didn't want him to be tense all the time.
    It's sad really. Adding to the list of whats overlooked in this game.....
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    What I don't understand either is way cant we become self employed masseuse's either since the Spa pack came out you would think we could do that as a job. Be good to have like mobile hairdressing and make up artist too.
    Also I don't understand why we cant be a repair man/woman, pizza delivery, or mail man/woman as they are in the game but if u get chatting to them or move one them into your household it says they are unemployed
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I have a rag to riches ambitious Sim that would benefit from this suggetion
    She's a master Gardner and Painter and never worked a day in her life but she get's into moods all the time from being unemployed.
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    Yes'm please! I loved having self-employed sims in previous sims games!
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,063 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Way overdue.
    So true. This should have been an option by now. I take it for granted in the sims 3 because there are so many jobs to choose from along with professions. Hope it ends that way with Sims 4.
  • sherykahsherykah Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks, EA for the self-employment, the Gardener career and working from home.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Although there's been progress in this respect, I'd still like to see your Sim able to register as self-employed. It annoys me when my Ambitious shop owner gets tense for being "unemployed" when he's working 12-hour days.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes...
    WbUrFQm.png