March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ASK A GURU: Dine Out Twitch Live Stream [LINK IN MAIN POST]

Comments

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    1. Is the wood fire oven or foods like lasagna, calzone, returning?
    2. Can we serve foods that were restricted to bars/pubs in our restaurants (or cook them at home) like french fries, pretzels, etc?
    3. Can we now cook pizza at home?
    4. Are there new kitchen appliances like blender, deep fryer, juicer, trash compactor, etc?
    5. Can we have different menus for different times of the day? For example a breakfast menu, a lunch menu and a dinner menu?
    6. Are there buffet restaurants?
    7. Are urinals and stalls returning so we can put them in the restrooms?
    8. Are there 2x2 tables or larger?
    9. Are those signs and blank signs exclusive to the restaurant venue or can they be used in any lot type like retail, gym or even residential?
  • renanfreittasrenanfreittas Posts: 1 New Member
    The new foods can be made ​​at home?
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Can household members be assigned to man the different stations in the restaurants, or do they have to be hired from outside the household?

Can our Sims rate the restaurant at all, and if so, is it automatic, or can we choose the rating to give?

Do our Sims get the option of ordering multiple items at once, or is it a one by one process of ordering items from the menu?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • dcampbell405dcampbell405 Posts: 8 New Member
    In the trailers there are no more then 4 people at a table.....will we be able to have dinner with more then four people? Like a whole family or group?
  • DCJRockDCJRock Posts: 2 New Member
    Can we order a dish in a restaurant and eat it in our house? In other words, can restaurants do take-away service?
  • PestanaJrPestanaJr Posts: 1 New Member
    Is it possible to have a restaurant working in more than one floor? (The kitchen on one floor and the eating space on another)
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Will the game remember the Sim who owns the restaurant when you're not playing with that household? Will the game generate NPC Sims when you send another family to the restaurant or is the staff the same as when you play with the restaurateur? :)
    Is there any Asian themed foods? Like sushi? I NEED to make a Chinese/Japanese restaurant with sushi and other seafood <3 thank you for answering to our questions! :smiley:
  • AnAwesimSimmerAnAwesimSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Can your sim be a chef in the resturants? If so can you own the resturant and be a chef?
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Any new foods besides the experimental foods?
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions:

1). Does owning a restaurant work like owning a retail store in regards to funds? Can funds be transferred between all accounts (i.e. restaurant, retail, household)? With retail, the household owns the store. Is this the same with a restaurant or can ownership be one Sim in the household?
    2). I have lost my retail store several times by moving my household or moving someone out. Do restaurants have the same functionality as retail?
    3). Do restaurants have levels/goals to complete before you can open a specific type of restaurant? Or is the restaurant you buy based on how much money you have?
    4). If your restaurant gets a bad rating...what can happen (i.e. customers stop coming etc.)
    5). Do we have the option to set the pricing on how much food costs?
    6). What are some of the reward perks? ( I don't want to ruin any surprises, but an example would be great).
    7). Are there specific store hours that a restaurant can stay open? For example, if I want a 24-hour diner, is this possible?
    8). How many customers are in the restaurant at one time? Does it depend on how well the restaurant is doing? We will see different Sims dining? With retail, the same Sims visit the store.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited June 2016
    Since our sims can date in restuarents and we have new romantic table interactions are there any new dating goals for restuarents?
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • GozeppelinGozeppelin Posts: 96 Member
    edited June 2016
    Will the restaurants pull staff from townies that are in the culinary career, similarly to how lounges pull their performers from the entertainment career?

What happens if my Sim is feeling a little rebellious and decides to change into their pajamas in a fancy restaurant?

What is your single most favorite type of dessert ingame and in real life?
  • Georgina_hamillGeorgina_hamill Posts: 1 New Member
    How much is the game pack going to cost ? :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    How much is the game pack going to cost ? :D

$20.00
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I just want to know if there's a new type of strairs. I've been waiting for different models for so long.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited June 2016
    I saw that you had a somewhat Asian themed restaurant in the trailers. But no sushi options?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    • Will owning/managing a restaurant count as a job/career
    • How do you acquire a birthday cake, while at the restaurant?
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Will there be more new food options besides the experimental ones we saw in the trailer?

Is there a limit on the number of dishes/drinks we have per restaurant?
  • emmajayne72emmajayne72 Posts: 1 New Member
    If our sim owns a restaurant do we only make a profit when actively playing on that lot or can we be on our home lot?
  • ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    Dear Guru's

In regards to restaurant perks! Is this something that will have to be done in order to reach 5 star rating or to maintain 5 star rating or both?

And could you please touch base on the perks like "Curious Customers" There is a ? in the pic. Does this mean they will be more apt to try new dishes?

Which leads to another question: Will we have the option to create a "Daily Special?" to where we will have to manage the supply of ingredients more closely?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    1) If you create a restaurant with one table and four chairs, what do the other customers do? Do they stand around waiting to sit? Do they leave and come back later? Do they get angry and pitch a fit?
    2) Is there a certain number of tables and chairs required to get a higher rating?
  • ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    I saw in the trailer the host was on the phone! Was he adding somebody to a reservation list or was he being like the "Retail Employee" and not working?
  • SJ_SaharaSJ_Sahara Posts: 4 New Member
    every time after i exit sims 4 when i get to the origin page my computer freezes, how do i fix it?
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Can we change the menu prices?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Is there a purpose engagement at the table interaction in dine out like in sims 2?