Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building question...

Is there an easy way to delete one or a few floor tiles without deleting the floor in the entire room? Holding the control button while placing floor tiles doesn't seem to work in TS4...
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You can just cover those few with a different tile if that's what you want to do. Hold the shift/control I think? Geez. I can't remember! lol

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Wall it off if you can, delete them there with the sledgehammer, then remove the walls. That's the only way I know to do it. Or if you're looking to just change the floor tiles to another, just do that. The game counts in the cost of the previous tiles with the new ones and add/subtracts the difference accordingly.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Wall it off if you can, delete them there with the sledgehammer, then remove the walls. That's the only way I know to do it. Or if you're looking to just change the floor tiles to another, just do that. The game counts in the cost of the previous tiles with the new ones and add/subtracts the difference accordingly.

I was going to suggest that, but then that removes the whole floor and opens it up to the lower level. I think it's just sledgehammer and hold it down while highlighting the ones you want gone.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Draw a room around the area you want to delete. Select the room. Hit Delete key. You might need to go up a floor and draw a flat deck/ceiling to cover the hole after.