Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✿ Easing into Spring Gifts for... the lovely CMBAKER16 ✿

✿ Hello there, my dearest buddy! ✿

Surprise, I'm your buddy! I had a lot of fun working on my gifts for you, and I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for you!

So no worries, I have most definitely not forgotten about you. I really wish I could have gifted you something right on this first day of gifting, but unfortunately, something in real life took up way more time than I'd expected, so I'm still finishing up the last touches on your gifts. I want them to be as good as possible for you, instead of giving you something rushed! Your gifts will be here asap, and in the mean time, here's a different kind of gift:

gifts-for-new-moms.jpg

I also have a little sneak peek of your first gift:

Screenshot_5x.jpg

✿ See you soon @cmbaker16! *hugs* ✿

Comments

• pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2016
    ✿ Gift 1: Historic House - Made-Over!

Maybe you recognize this house, maybe not. It's Midnight Hollow's Historic House, which was originally occupied by the Specter family. It's such a lovely house, but it's so dark! So I figured it was time for a little huge make-over. The furniture, walls, garden.. everything's been moved around and given a touch of Spring! Here and there you will find little hints to your next gift, which will be the household that lives here... I hope you like this redo!

1_zpsb2czeltr.png

For more images, go here! (I hope it works - this is my first time ever using photobucket)

*hugs*
    Post edited by pxelskies on
    edited June 2016
    ✿ Gift 2: The Elvin Family

5_zpsosxtwjgf.png

The Elvin family consists of Daisy and Connor, their little boy Oscar and the family's beloved cat Faye. At first sight, they seem like the perfect family - all of them seem to kind and dapper fairies, that live in a neat house. But I'm going to tell you a few secrets about them...

2_zpswdfxlkvz.png

This is Connor Elvin, young adult. He is very charismatic and dapper, and comes from a long line of elite fairies. But if you look closely, you'll notice that something's off... Right - Connor has no wings. Years ago, he was cursed by an evil witch, who took away his magical powers and turned him into a monster - every full moon, Connor turns into a werewolf. He tries desperately to hide this from the world outside, and his wife is the only one who knows about it. Connor is a writer, and he also loves to read.

Connor's traits:
    • Bookworm
    • Charismatic
    • Genius
    • Brooding
    • Proper

1_zpsilbvbefy.png

This is Daisy Elvin, young adult as well, and lover of everything green! She's a very kind young lady and is known for using her magic to help others. She loves to cook and to work in her vegetable garden, and tries to be as eco-friendly as possible. Since she found out about Connor's curse, she's terrified of anyone else finding out and judging her family for it, which caused her to become even more perfectionistic than she already was. The house, her garden, the food she cooks - everything needs to be perfect.

Daisy's traits:
    • Perfectionist
    • Loves the Outdoors
    • Green Thumb
    • Eco-Friendly
    • Friendly

3_zpsloouffsz.png

This is Oscar Elvin, son of Connor and Daisy. His parents aren't entirely sure if his wings will still come, if he's 'just' human, or if his father's terrible curse has affected him as well... Oscar doesn't worry about it, though. He's a brave little kid that loves to explore new things. He also loves monkeys.

Oscar's traits:
    • Brave
    • Clumsy

4_zpsdwlsu97r.png

And last, but definitely not least - the family's cat! Her name is Faye, and she has a gorgeous long white coat, with some hints of gray. She has a tiny little black spot at the back of her right ear, though, which caused her to always feel like the odd one out - the cats of all the other fairies never had odd spots like hers. She's a little shy, but adores her family, and she's a very bright cat.

Faye's traits:
    • Genius
    • Neat
    • Shy
    edited June 2016
    ✿ Gift 3: Abbot's Antiques

1_zpsewcvbo1n.png

Abbot's Antiques has been around for centuries, but no one knows exactly how old the store is. It is currently owned by two twin sisters, better known as the Witches of Abbot. Most people seem to think of Abbot's Antiques as just an ordinary consignment store, but rumour has it there's something hidden in the basement...

4_zpsrfctuswh.png

6_zpsvsnpnc9l.png

10_zpsvuovutqb.png
    More photos can be found here.
    edited June 2016
    ✿ Gift 4: The Abbot Sisters

PicMonkey%20Collage_zpsqiojbthu.png

These are the Abbot sisters, Martha and Mary, the owners of Abbot's Antiques. They might look identical, but their personalities couldn't be more different. Martha is your typical evil witch, that's into potions, curses and everything dark, while Mary uses her magic to help others, and is hopelessly waiting for the man of her dreams to come by the store one day. Martha is the one who cursed Connor Elvin, but not even her sister knows about this.

2_zpsbhavxv72.png

Mary's Traits:
    • Animal Lover
    • Hopeless Romantic
    • Good
    • Over-Emotional
    • Born Salesman

1_zpsmqkm22qi.png

Martha's Traits
    • Brooding
    • Diva
    • Night Owl
    • Evil
    • Born Salesman
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Beautiful sneak peek Marit! :)
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Wonderful little house! Can't wait to see more!
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Looks very promising :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's so adorable!!! I can't wait to see more, but take care of RL first you should always come first I can be patient :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I'm keeping my eye on this one! It's looking pretty good so far!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Great sneak peak :) Love that style of house! It's gorgeous :)
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @MariTomKaulitZ Ohhh what an adorable sneak peak, I cannot wait to see whatelse is in store for your buddy. - Also here is a *hug*, I feel like you may need one. *Hug*
    Thank you so much everyone! And thank you @cmbaker16 for being so patient! *hugs*
    I have now uploaded my first gift, stay tuned for more :) (But first, I'm heading to bed - it's late here!)
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @MariTomKaulitZ it's so lovely thank you, I tried to get on the exchange to download it but sims 3 is giving me an oops page *stomps and pouts* so i'll have to wait till it lets me on to do so *stomps more and throws a tantrum*

Hope you have a good sleep and get lots of rest :D
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    @MariTomKaulitZ It also gave me an oops page. Were you able to upload it ok? It's a wonderful make over :)
    Love it! Love the Victorian style in MH, but they do tend to be too dark to fit in anywhere else...so this one is great, it will go almost anywhere! (I am also getting the oops page, however :( )
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2016
    Gorgeous!!! LOVE it! Really nice job!
    It's not showing in your studio. I wonder if you'll have to rename it and upload again.
    Wonderfull place Marit :) I love it!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited June 2016
    Lovely house! Beautiful color palette and comfortable furnishings have turned a dark, drab house to a light, fab home. Looking forward to seeing who lives here :)

Edit: The new link works!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    Thank you for the kind messages, guys <3 And I'm glad you like it @cmbaker16!

I have no idea what went wrong yesterday that caused the Oops message :o I reuploaded the house and posted a fresh link, and it seems to work fine for me. So I hope it works for you as well this time! :)
    Yes, worked for me! Got it recd :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Thank you Sjappie! I'm glad to hear it worked :)
    Link is working for me now, yay! :smiley:
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Historic House is beautiful. I can't believe it came from the darkness of Midnight Hollow! :o The layout is great and I love the kitchen!
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Oh wow that house is just lovely, I gota say that the nursery is amazing. I really love the shelf above the crib with all of the toys siting on it. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg