Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts for Martje89!

I was quite excited to get you as my buddy, @Martje89! We both love some of the same sets, colors, and architecture styles, so I had tons of ideas bouncing around, I just wasn't quite sure exactly which ones were going to work out best!

First, my muse decided to take me over to Roaring Heights! It had been a while since I had played over there, and first I spent some time amusing myself with the EA created sims and npcs, just because the names made me giggle. After my muse had me busy playing around with a few of those ideas, I decided I really needed a tester family to make sure everything else worked right!

So, I present, the McCord Family! thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915741
Graham and Lola, their two boys Liam and Gabriel, and Rose, their miniature schnauzer!
Screenshot-77_zpsf8elv2hd.jpg

They gave me quite a hard time about posing for a family picture. First Rose kept trying to wander off, and then Lola kept staring into the sky for no particular reason. And by the time I retrieved Graham (who had gotten tired of rocking aimlessly) it was getting dark.
Screenshot-75_zps0lzpditg.jpg

And here is Graham, working on the Classically Cool Car Fixer-Upper Car.
Screenshot-79_zpsrmkytzos.jpg

You might have noticed parts of your second gift in the background of these pictures. ;)

Comments

• Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited May 2016
    Your second gift was not originally planned, but once I had the McCord family running around in my game testing other things and leveling skills and such, I suddenly had this idea for a house for them. So, your second gift is Jazz Age Dreams, a 3 bedroom, 3 bath house built on one of the 20x30 lots on the beach (silly me forgot to note the exact address of the lot!)
    Screenshot-64_zpsd6mjc5ia.jpg

Link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915742

More Pics:

First Floor
    Screenshot-65_zps7pka0ywt.jpg

Second Floor
    Screenshot-66_zps2k0b9ebx.jpg

Kitchen
    Screenshot-68_zpsq5ve7xej.jpg

Living Room
    Screenshot-69_zps292nyfvw.jpg

Master Bedroom
    Screenshot-70_zpsc1zjuwae.jpg

Boys Room
    Screenshot-72_zpsj86vyaq4.jpg

Loft area and Girls Room
    Screenshot-71_zpskbxsafxy.jpg

Back of the house
    Screenshot-73_zps7xf3v1gs.jpg

The zombies decided to test out the rocking chairs in the back. They're rather predictable! ;)
    Screenshot-61_zpshy59nbb5.jpg

And here's one of Lola, practicing her painting.
    Screenshot-62_zpspi8jtgtv.jpg
    edited June 2016
    Your next two gifts really need to be shown together!

You had mentioned supernatural was new to you, so I wanted to give you some fun supernatural sims to play with. I decided to go with a pair of werewolf twins, who make their home in Dragon Valley.

The deBautte Twins:
    Screenshot-89_zps75goh3tt.jpg

Though they're twins, they have quite different personalities! Sebastian wants to be an International Super Spy, and Francesca dreams of owning her own bottomless nectar cellar!

Once moving to DV, they immediately starting meeting the neighbors!
    Screenshot-88_zpsurdmostz.jpg

Screenshot-85_zpswxqfbdco.jpg

It wasn't too long before a burglar decided to pay them a visit. He had a rather nasty surprise to find the house full of werewolves!
    Screenshot-86_zpscpkzl7jk.jpg

And then, the twins wandered over to take pictures at your other gift: Wisteria Gardens and Nectary! I took the Stone's Throw Greenhouse and redid it as a nectary with plenty of things to do, to give your sims somewhere fun to visit.
    Screenshot-80_zps59qakq51.jpg

Here's the overhead view:
    Screenshot-81_zpsjn9q2g9w.jpg

And here Francesca demonstrates her nectar making skills:
    Screenshot-87_zpsp0nhvn6f.jpg

Meanwhile, Sebastian spent time making friends with the new fairy in town, the lovely Gabriella Vinetwist made by @Shannen
    Screenshot-83_zpshy0jcity.jpg

deBautte Family Link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8917857

Nectary Link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8917856

Post edited by Bookworm742 on
    Reserved
    And this one too, just in case.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    What a great family and a very nice presentation!
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    edited May 2016
    Aww I love the McCord Family! Thank you so much @Bookworm742 :smiley: I can imagine you had to be really patient to take a picture of them all together, but they look great. I can't wait to put them in my game! Roaring Heights is still fairly new to me (I haven't owned it for very long) so this will be the perfect opportunity to explore that world some more :heart:
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I love the McCords and why they came to Roaring Heights and also the neat house. I really like the funky pattern in the kitchen and living room, it's one I didn't think I'd like on the walls but now that I see it I do! I'm glad your muse decided you should build it! :p
    Love the wallpaper in the kitchen and that fun countertop pattern! I love the green accents! Nice detailing on the house.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Your gifts look awesome!

I cheated on taking my family portraits as I'm not blessed with the virtue of patience. I used MOO, put the Sims on their spot and took their family pictures lol *confession time* so I admire the fact you took time for the family portrait :)

And I love the house, Imma steal and 3D print it o:)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    The McCords sound like a lovely family. :) With a wonderful home! I love the style and the colors. That back sun room is so cool, too!
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @Bookworm742 the McCord's look like a fun family! :) Love your family portrait of them, even if it was challenging to take the picture :)

And their home is lovely :) Such nice colours!

Rec'd :)
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @Bookworm742 The McCord's are simply adorable, aww they little pooch is adorable. Aww I really like the Jazz Aged Dreams, it's really cute. I think they will be happy in Roaring Heights :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I really like Jazz Aged Dreams, very art deco looking and perfect for Roaring Heights! My favorite part is sun porch with the skylights :)

Your gifts look awesome!

I cheated on taking my family portraits as I'm not blessed with the virtue of patience. I used MOO, put the Sims on their spot and took their family pictures lol *confession time* so I admire the fact you took time for the family portrait :)

I didn't know you move sims with MOO!!! :o **shakes head** so much to learn... :)
    Kgaff wrote: »
    I really like Jazz Aged Dreams, very art deco looking and perfect for Roaring Heights! My favorite part is sun porch with the skylights :)

Your gifts look awesome!

I didn't know you move sims with MOO!!! :o **shakes head** so much to learn... :)

In Sims 1 or 2 (not sure anymore) I threw my Sims away with MOO, than you could click on their avi and they'd reappear in perfect mood lol. I believe it was Sims 1, for 2 I needed maxmotives I believe. So I've been doing stuff to Sims with MOO for a long time lol!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Kgaff wrote: »

Your gifts look awesome!

In Sims 1 or 2 (not sure anymore) I threw my Sims away with MOO, than you could click on their avi and they'd reappear in perfect mood lol. I believe it was Sims 1, for 2 I needed maxmotives I believe. So I've been doing stuff to Sims with MOO for a long time lol!

I think I did that by mistake a few times, back in S2 days, lol. But yes, I've done the whole "pose with MOO" thing many times...but I discovered while playing around with them this time that my sims' legs were doing all sorts of crazy things in those rocking chairs when I used it! :open_mouth: Was kinda creepy! So, sometimes the MOO thing works, and other times it doesn't. :lol:
    Oh, the fun you had with this! A super spy and a bottomless nectar wish! Great make-over for the nectary.
    edited June 2016
    I looove the nectary and the twins @Bookworm742! To be honest I haven't played much yet with making nectar, so this might be a great way to get in to it.

Also the twins, I think they're funny! Spies probably secretly love nectar as well ;) well that is if it's slightly 007-ish!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    edited June 2016
    Your second gift was not originally planned, but once I had the McCord family running around in my game testing other things and leveling skills and such, I suddenly had this idea for a house for them. So, your second gift is Jazz Age Dreams, a 3 bedroom, 3 bath house built on one of the 20x30 lots on the beach (silly me forgot to note the exact address of the lot!)

Sorry it took me so long to leave a comment... :hushed: But I have a good reason for that! I've been playing the McCords in their Jazz Age Dreams home :love:

Jazz Age Dreams is such a great house :blush: The white and green on the outside match perfectly and I love the tiles you used for the roof. The inside is wonderful as well. I love the green accents, the open floor plan, the bold patterns and the fact that you used so many decorative items! It makes Jazz Age Dreams such a cosy family home. One of my favourite places in the house is the conservatory (I don't know if that's the right word, I Googled lol). The light, the view... so nice! Lola and Liam love to hang out there to work on their art and music skills. You've put so much detail into the McCord's house. Thank you so much!

Screenshot-157_zpsnioiex2o.jpg

Rose is a very cute dog. She likes to be near Gabriel. They even sleep together.

Screenshot-181_zpsqt5q7ow2.jpg
    Screenshot-154_zps1k5imtbl.jpg

Liam just celebrated his birthday and became a teenager.

Screenshot-164_zps1bjzq6pk.jpg
    Screenshot-165_zpstqpqkhg3.jpg

Gabriel celebrated his birthday as well and is now a toddler. Lola just learned him how to walk and talk.

Screenshot-169_zpsh9xon6in.jpg
    Screenshot-179_zpsvotth41n.jpg

I can't wait to further explore Roaring Heights and play with the McCords! Again, thank you so much for these wonderful gifts :smiley:

P.S. I will comment on The deBautte Twins and Wisteria Gardens and Nectary later because I have to go now. :'( I have a very busy weekend ahead of me. But I did have a look at the pictures and they are wonderful! :heart: I need to put them in my game as soon as possible :wink:
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Other compliments are in the gift exchange thread :)

Twin werewolves and a nectary? Sounds like fun in the game to me!!! The picture with them confronting the burglar was priceless and made me chuckle. The idea for taking the store greenhouse and turning it into a nectary is quite clever... this will be an enjoyable place for many sims to take time browsing the racks and trying their hand at making their own. <3 the idea of being able to do this without traveling far.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Bookworm742 Such nice gifts. The McCords are a lovely family, perfect for Roaring Heights. Love the schnauzer, too. Their home is very striking - the exterior has great contrast between dark and light. It's very elegant overall.

Loving the werewolf twins. They're quite attractive (at least part of the time lol). And Wisteria Gardens and Nectary is nicely done and looks as though it would be a fun place (and popular) to visit.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @Martje89 I'm so glad you're having fun with them! I did too! ;) And the conservatory/solarium (either of those terms would work, or even sunroom, but I like the other two choices better, personally) is one of my favorite rooms too. Hope you get lots of time to enjoy your game, after your busy weekend!

@ciane I did! The random burglar appearance made me laugh...Sebastian raced out of bed and over there to beat him up! I hadn't actually seen a werewolf sim do that before! :lol:

@SjappielovePaul the nectar making can be pretty entertaining...I still don't think I've tried all the possible combinations of fruits! And yes, Sebastian seems to enjoy Francesca's creations so far!

@tanubanue Thank you! I didn't know I was going to like that pattern on the walls as much as I did, I was just kinda playing around looking for something that wasn't too modern, and not too busy, but not boring either. It turned out better than I expected! :smiley:

@ADWilson I've always loved the way the store greenhouse looks, I just never did use it much. It's so much real estate for just some random garden plants! Tried to make it into a place that would be a lot more useful to have around town, with fun stuff for sims of all ages, and I think it turned out well! And it just goes so nicely with DV (and Moonlight Falls, and Roaring Heights, and probably other places too, but those are the ones I actually tested it out in!)

@suzses Thank you! I had a lot of fun with all of these. Been a while since I'd played with pets or werewolves! And the nectary definitely seemed pretty popular with the residents of DV...it was a hot spot of nightlife at least 3 different times Francesca visited in the evenings, and was always pretty full of sims. ;)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Bookworm742 What a clever idea Wisteria Gardens and Nectary is. I looks a lot more fun than the old greenhouse.
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    The twins look like an interesting pair! :) I've never played with a werewolf before but they look like such fun I think I might give it a go!

And Wisteria Gardens and Nectary is a great make-over of greenhouse! It looks great :) Definitely need this in my game so I think some stealing is in order :wink:

rec'd!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Bookworm742 - beautiful sims and builds! wRECked them x