Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    I attempted a legacy challenge in TS4 for the very first time..... I made it to generation 3 before I got so bored because I feel like I'm playing the same Sim over and over again. And mind you I'm a creative person. My main thing is building but I also live for story telling, especially out of my builds, and I just couldn't get it done with this.

The family I'm playing is an Adams Family-like bunch that I originally created in TS2 and recreated in TS3. I didn't get bored with any of them. While I had fun making them in TS4's CAS (they look beautiful thanks to the Vampire pack), the gameplay was very boring for me and it made me a bit sad.

@BlueBlack007 Your fur babies are absolutely sweet. <3 The two in my picture are my little ones, bunch of sweethearts. I also have a giant fur baby (horse) that's so gentle it's like riding a couch. lol Actually we have a couple, but the family has their own designated baby even though we love them all. :) I'm a little down I can't make any of them with this upcoming EP.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Baenre wrote: »
    I attempted a legacy challenge in TS4 for the very first time..... I made it to generation 3 before I got so bored because I feel like I'm playing the same Sim over and over again. And mind you I'm a creative person. My main thing is building but I also live for story telling, especially out of my builds, and I just couldn't get it done with this.

The family I'm playing is an Adams Family-like bunch that I originally created in TS2 and recreated in TS3. I didn't get bored with any of them. While I had fun making them in TS4's CAS (they look beautiful thanks to the Vampire pack), the gameplay was very boring for me and it made me a bit sad.

@BlueBlack007 Your fur babies are absolutely sweet. <3 The two in my picture are my little ones, bunch of sweethearts. I also have a giant fur baby (horse) that's so gentle it's like riding a couch. lol Actually we have a couple, but the family has their own designated baby even though we love them all. :) I'm a little down I can't make any of them with this upcoming EP.

Thank you for the compliment, I am so sorry to hear bout not being able to make them in your game, they look adorable, I am also sorry that you could not finish your challenge, I feel for ya, as I have not played My game for months now , I check in once in a long while to see how My over 2k character creations are doing, but other then that, since not a lot of Gothic stuff in game, I find Myself playing My other games more in stead, I am not sure if I even want to get the Pets pack yet, I just might get only for the New World in it and not for the Pets, especially if I am not able to make My Breed I have either. I hope you have a great day or Evening, whichever the case may be, :) .
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Baenre wrote: »

OMG me too! I decided to turn my sim into a vampire and start a legacy with Vlad and it got really boring for me. I didn't even get to her having Vlads babies because I got so bored. I went all the way back to a previous state in that save where she was a kid to start over. but I feel like its going to get boring again after a while. This is why I cant do legacies in 4 and end up making a new sim.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited October 2017
    what i miss most in TS4 is the working traits
    traits which i give sims in CAS or when they are born with which make sims act along
    in TS4 never happens, they have few weak nuances but overall, they are all happy & cranky about the same things, sometimes they seem all extremely unballanced personalities, psychologically even highly disturbed, not reacting in any human way to situations & not interacting with other sims in a way people are used to

the following scene is from my current TS3 game as illustration how lively on the other hand TS3 traits work, despite the fact that TS3 sims are not that strong personalities as TS2 were, still TS3 traits work miles ahead of what i experienced in TS4
    i was with the other sim on the bench in the shopping district of the town i am playing atm, she lives alone & those two sims acted all on their own, they all don't live together, they didn't know each other initially, all relationships are formed either when i am playing them rotationally & visit other sims or when they act completely on their own, which happened here

those two sims are both virtuos but other character values clash decidedly
    he is childish & she is a diva, she was enraged & in horror about his jokes & silliness & he found her lacking any humour & haughty
    i tried later as i played her to visit him & reconcile, it was not possible, their personalities just clash
    initially i wanted them together with two other virtuos sims to form a band but
    from that interaction i as player am forced to change what i had in mind & i like that, the game & those sims challenge me to get more creative
    & what i especially like is those sims have their own life, their own head & they are not mindless puppets which i can put together as i want, they are simulated personalities & that's the minimum a sims game has to deliver - which TS4 just doesn't

also this situation is not some scripted brawl, as such are present in both games but an actual simulation sprang from the character values of those sims - & that's how a sims game has to be !

4fuwzq.jpg
    14ty7w9.jpg
    wjxhs.jpg

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Cynna
    thank you for your post, your experiences with TS4 seem to be similar to mine

& btw, i tried to play toddlers
    i waited to play them until i bought the Parenthood GP, just to give the game the best possible starting point & surprise me in a positive way
    i didn't play long because the parents, both were just so incredibly scripted & mindless & shallow & i just couldn't bare it
    they were both family oriented, to make sure they really liked to have a family life & love children but nothing helps in TS4, they couldn't care less, neither for each other nor for their in game born child
    it starts already that they don't wish to do something with each other, they don't wish to form a family, don't wish to interact with the family
    this was always for me the starting point in the last two sims games, the wishes, then accompanied by the autonomous interactions from those sims & along that the story always unfolded

eg, in the same TS3 town as above i play a farmers family, the parents of the husband, both elders, seem so incredibly in love with each other, they can't keep their hands from each other, i see them always kiss, hug or even woohoo autonomously
    the wife of their son on the other hand is family oriented & she engages autonomously with her children, hugs them, talks to them, tells jokes, wants to be near, plays with them - this is how i want those family oriented sims to act on their own, out of their own impuls
    & unfortunately, the TS4 sims i experienced as i played the last time were not in the least interested in anything really, family life probably was the last interesting thing to them - TS4 traits are just horrible
    Cynna wrote: »
    Despite knowing that a lot of things would be missing from the base game, I was still very excited for TS4's release. I bought the eighty dollar pack because I just had to have everything. Ever since then, it has been a fruitless quest to try to get something out of my initial investment. Each pack, I keep hoping that this might be the one that brings the game to life for me. Sadly, that moment hasn't happened.

This is the first version of the game where I haven't actually played very much. Instead, I've taken to telling myself a story. I spend time fiddling with CC, decorating, setting up shots, then taking lots of pictures and writing imagined dialogue.

In previous iterations, I took loads of pictures as well. However, scenes happened spontaneously, through actual game play. I didn't need to create a story because the game created the story for me. I watched my Sims go about their lives and, eventually, a story always unfolded on its own (with a little tweaking here and there). It was fun to watch personalities clash, love matches made, children born, teens going through growing pains, children creating friendships that lasted a lifetime. These were the things that happened for me in the older games.

Up to now, I don't get that same type of enjoyment out of TS4. I still don't know what toddlers are truly like because I find it difficult getting to the part where children will be born to the main family in my game. I'm unable to play for the length of time that is required to have a couple organically fall in love, court, get married, and begin to have their family. I just can't stay interested long enough.

With the story that I'm telling myself now, perhaps I will eventually get there. Perhaps, by that point, I may begin to appreciate the game. Yet, if I have to get to a certain life stage (toddlers/Pets) in order to begin enjoying the game play, that tells me that the game has failed. At least, it has failed in my case.

I realize that my experience is not the same as everyone else. However, it is the one that is most important to me. That goes without saying, yes? And for me, so far, TS4 is falling down on the job. Everything that I needed to make this game playable (that is, enjoyable) has been missing:

individuality, personality traits that mean something, quirkiness, lifelong aspirations, unique character interactions, genuine emotional responses, a Sim's sense of connection to the world and other Sims, fun careers, interesting "chance cards" with genuine consequences and rewards, activities, places to go, customization, exploration, the ability to pick up stakes and begin anew with another family in an entirely new world (not neighborhood, world!). All of those things are missing.

I keep waiting and hoping for this to be corrected. Until then, I keep plugging along, telling my story to entertain myself and, of course, booting up TS2 or TS3 when I actually want to play a game, rather than tend to a beautiful, yet, very static dollhouse.

When TS4 was in development, I had hoped for a game that would surpass the ones that came before. I hoped for a leap forward in the way that TS2 was a huge leap from TS, and that TS3 (in some ways) was a leap forward from TS2. I didn't even get that. Instead, TS4 was two giant steps backward. So many things were sacrificed for so little in return. For example, if we've gone back to a closed world again, why are objects so blocky and infantile? Why, when I have my Sims look upward and I try to take a picture of the sky, do I actually see the edge of the world and a band of clouds instead of a beautiful sky?

This should not be happening. But it is what it is. I'll keep on hoping for better. Hopefully, one day I'll find it. If not in this generation of the game, maybe in the next.
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    What I just don't understand is why EA always tries to fix things that aren't broken. It started with Sims 3. Look at Sims 2, I don't think many people complained about the great neighborhood stories, the well thought through premades, the personalities and interactions, memories and turn on/offs. The sims were done in a remarkable matter! Then in Sims 3, they focussed on the open world, but why didn't they keep the amazing sims features from Sims 2? The open world was laggy, so in Sims 4, they should have just made the worlds smaller (like they did) and keep the openess and add multitasking and going to other worlds (with loading screen).
    Now look at what we would have: the amazing Sims 2 sim features, a smaller open world, multitasking and CAS from Sims 4.
    I have never understood why they left out or changed features that were perfectly fine to begin with....DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @Rukola_Schaaf

Unfortunately, your experience with this game is truly the same as my own.

We're both looking for simulation of life and genuine relationships. After all, they're called Sims aren't they. Yet, this version of the game is the most lacking in that regard.

Too bad, though, that the games efforts toward this end are so incremental as to be negligible in the large scheme of things. Because, that functionality should have been there from the very beginning.

If a game called The Sims doesn't release with the Sims already fleshed out in a significant way, is it really a Sims game? Perhaps a more fitting name would have been: Sim You Later or Better Sims Next Time.

It's almost painful to see the series go down this road. The best thing that I can say about this game is that it's pretty. It's very pretty. That's why I use it (plus, lots and lots of poses) to create stories. Because the game hasn't done it for me, otherwise.

This is the first and only Sims game that I've ever had so many complaints about. Only because I want it to be better!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Rukola_Schaaf

We're both looking for simulation of life and genuine relationships. After all, they're called Sims aren't they. Yet, this version of the game is the most lacking in that regard.

Too bad, though, that the games efforts toward this end are so incremental as to be negligible in the large scheme of things. Because, that functionality should have been there from the very beginning.

If a game called The Sims doesn't release with the Sims already fleshed out in a significant way, is it really a Sims game? Perhaps a more fitting name would have been: Sim You Later or Better Sims Next Time.

It's almost painful to see the series go down this road. The best thing that I can say about this game is that it's pretty. It's very pretty. That's why I use it (plus, lots and lots of poses) to create stories. Because the game hasn't done it for me, otherwise.

This is the first and only Sims game that I've ever had so many complaints about. Only because I want it to be better!
    Exactly what I bolded. I do think by the way they thought they had that covered when they developed Sims 4. ‘Emotional sims’, manipulating those emotions, multitasking, more advanced - smooth - animations, them being ‘quirky’ again. I truely think they did their best to try and make the sims interesting, hence the advertising they were ‘smarter than ever’ and acting as if sims never had emotions before. They overlooked a few essential things in the process though and, how typical, totally overdid other aspects, which is why it doesn’t work.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited October 2017
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with Us, I am hoping that EA and or the Guru's see these and think on how to make the Sims 4 much better then it is now, at least that is My hope for this game, if not then I am so hoping the Sims 5 comes out much better then Sims 4 did, maybe if they have a different Team work on it like say the Sims 2 Team maybe? here is to hoping for a Better game in the Sims Franchise, one with More Gothic type stuff is My Hope anyway, :)

P.S. I am waiting to see what this New Pet pack has in it come Thursday, I am however not happy that Werewolves are not in it, as I was wanting those for My Gothic type play, but I guess I will wait and see what the New World that is suppose to be looks like , with My luck it is probably all sunny happy go lucky, which I want Fog and night and more room for My New Vamps and others, at least I am hoping there is more room for My Vamps and such, :)
    So far I have not done much with the Pet pack, I made a few creations with it, but not a lot, I do not know if it is just Me not being interested in the game any more, or if it is the game itself being lack of gothic stuff that I use in My game play from the past games in the franchise, I tend to play My other games more now then I do Sims 4, I was hoping that being Xmas time that something else would pop up, but I am not seeing anything new thus far for the Xmas month, guess I have to still wait like always which is getting tiring after so many years now, sigh :(
    Oh My Goodness, I just can not believe what I saw for Items that we got for 2017, there is basically 5 items total, But they are in so many different colors it is just insane, and most of what we got there is no way I will ever use it in My game, especially those Hats, cause No self respecting Gothic Type player would wear those, so they are not going on My gothic Sims either, I am not happy with this years Xmas Items, nope.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Cats and Dogs was kind of the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me. I got it; I paid full price. Since that's less than I would have paid for a pizza dinner with the family, I don't feel too put out (despite it being 50% off less than two months later). However, I had forgotten just how much of Sims 4 is repeating the same thing over and over and over again. The vet clinic had me tearing out my hair within a week. The scripted parties are terrible in that regard as well.

I started playing Sims 3 again, and I am still trying to figure out how they went so wrong with Sims 4. My sims are engaged; the male sim threw his bachelor party which was okay, but did not have the spark to make it great. However, my female sim's party was a blast. There was non-stop fighting, male dancers, regular dancing, dancing on counters, and all sorts of drunken revelry. She held it at a bar, but brought food from home. There was even a drama heavy moment when someone kissed a dancer when a friend of her spouse was apparently there, who slapped the kisser, obviously furious.

I did not need a checklist to have an epic party which left her with a good moodlet. But the thing is, I held these two parties two nights in a row, and they were both so different because of the different guests with different traits and the different places they were held. While yes, there are definitely things in these parties that could be improved on, adding a checklist isn't one of them.

Ummm, yeah. I'll play Sims 4 again and have fun with it, but it definitely isn't a game that can keep me engaged for weeks at a time.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Honestly, I hate the scriped parties , and dates . It is more fun when we didn't had to be tell what to do.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited December 2017
    I looked back on my concerns in this thread and they were about toddlers and these mature teens, as well as the game's art style.
    We have toddlers and Parenthood now and I have partially gotten use to the art style and partially adapted it with custom content, so it doesn't bother me anymore. I haven't gotten far with Parenthood, so I don't fully have an opinion on it yet, but this pack along toddlers has me seriously playing now.

I do agree with what Cynna has written. Incidents of interest happening on their own is rare to non-existent, outside of vampire attacks and alien abductions. Currently I am creating what I am calling Immersion Buffs.
    Not for my sims, Buffs for me.

Examples:
    Gamma and Cedric: Incognito:
    Camma will allow Hecate to see her alien form, but refuses to allow Cedric. She likes him but fears he will think she is ugly.
    Cedric sneeks up on her for a look and drama resorts, but he makes it up to her
    GeekCon Competion: Best CosPlay costume:
    Group My sims up into clubs and have them go to the teen hangout and show off their CosPlay outfits. Have the sims community vote on the costumes.

The winners get money or some choice objects.
    Meadow and the Ghost: Crossing Over:
    Meadow solves the mystery of the blue lady and the ghost crosses over.
    I should use ghosts to build empathy points for Meadow. She calms them down and cheer them up and then the haunted lot trait disappears for a while.

These weren't written specifically to address what is lacking in the game, but I think will do that going forward.

I will play these out and post them as story elements in my simming moments thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918301/ck213s-ts4-favorite-simming-moments-melonie-bloom-pg-04#latest
    I did this in TS3 to help my simming come alive, but I really need it for The Sims 4.

What I haven't brought up is more game play related issues I have.
    I have a thread in the Ideas forum for a game pack version of their Dangerous Stuff stuff pack concept.
    We need to inject some more excitement, risk, and reward in this game, as well as doing something about traits.

My idea is behind this spoiler tag since it is lengthy:
    Danger%20Danger.jpg
    18%20Drama%20And%20Danger.png

The afterlife subject could be one aspect of it, but you could do more with a game pack.
    I would like to see other things that make life risky and exciting for our sims and for ourselves.
    My interest in the game perked up with the addition of Vampires, but I am still looking for my burglars.

I've always liked burglars in the game.
    I prefer having my sims under some threat because it makes you care about their well being and you become more protective of them.
    And you can find yourself in funny, hysterical situations in The Sims when bad luck strikes. And on top of that, it can set you on the path of drama. Ugh, Laundry, what was I thinking when I voted? We need that Dangerous Stuff Pack..., forget that, we need a Dangerous Game Pack.

This pack could bring us new features.
    -Cemeteries (finally). All these risk taking or just simply unfortunate sims will find a final resting place for their body in the grave yard.
    -A Thrill Seeker trait. There should be an opposite trait for sims who want to avoid risks and dangers.
    -Enemies/Rivals for love interest/Scorned lovers who try to get payback in some way when your sim cause them drama.
    -Taking risks to get ahead in your career which may get you advancement, perks, or money, or may get you fired.
    Beware of evil coworkers, or making enemies of coworkers. They could undermine, or sabotage your efforts.
    -Social dynamics for trait compatibility and especially incompatibilities
    -Fears! What happens when your sim's fears occur?
    -Choices that could possibly bear fruit, or come back to haunt you at a later date.
    -Burglars and cops---cops will go after kleptomaniacs too if the kleptos get a reputation.
    -Objects with extreme need fulfillment and skilling rates, but also dangers.
    -A slight increase in game play difficulty to make game play a challenge. ( may be controversial) Perhaps introduce difficulty settings.
    -Social cool off system: Sims in extreme drama will refuse to talk to each other. Either they avoid each other or fight. Friendly socials should stop after a certain level in the drama.

Things like the wishing well, alien abduction, vampires, burglars, acts of God and SimGods, risky choices, bring excitement to the game.
    Balance is important though. Not so much that you tire of it, but not so little that you get tired of waiting for something to happen. That is different for each simmer, but if you are buying a danger pack, then you want and expect these kind of events.

04-21-17_9-58-43nbspAM.png

04-21-17_9-59-21nbspAM.png

Oh Meadow, I have got to prepare you for an unapologetic, self-serving world.
    04-21-17_10-01-11nbspAM.png

I like adversity in my Sims game, and preparing my sims to handle it.
    This adds to a more interesting game, but I still want Burglars, and drama making sims that respond to opportunities, or how they are treated in the world, especially over time.
    04-22-17_5-10-06nbspPM.png

[Update]

Parenthood: The Gateway Pack To Drama and Danger.
    https://youtu.be/9mLI6Sq4eFc

LGR made a comment in his Parenthood review about character values not really having a big impact in adulthood. (7:11)
    On this point, I believe Parenthood would be a perfect setup for a Drama and Danger game pack.

Those traits and values earned by sims could be put to the test in a Drama and Danger game packs
    The D&D pack would have social situations and community venues where our sims handling of:

-Manners,
    -Responsibility,
    -Conflict Resolution,
    -Empathy
    -Emotional Control

Determine the outcome of those situations.
    It's really a combination of character values, certain traits, current emotions, and related skills.

In Drama and Danger sims with a negative combination receive the brunt of the danger and drama while those with positive combinations are prepared for it. However, there should also be situations where sims with negative combinations can be successful.

Soo...
    What if you don't have Parenthood and your sims have no character values?
    Well then your sims will get a default middle of the road character value rating.
    Having the right combination of traits, skills, and emotional state will be much more important if you don't have Parenthood.

Parenthood would be the training ground for your sims to handle life's risks and uncertainties.
    Drama and Danger would be the real world test.

So what would be some interesting social situation and community venues for our sims if such a pack were to happen?
    Please post ideas.

[Update: 11/25/17]
    I like setbacks and having the unexpected happen in my game, but they must be RARE occurrences.
    Happening too much gets annoying fast.

That stuff should probably be tied to risky behavior.
    IF you know a choice might bring about unwanted consequences, you are more accepting of the fallout because the reward is worth the risk. This way it's more in your hands than simulation randomness.

I would love this if EA put some depth into it like taking a sim's Values, skill level, career level, traits, and emotional state into consideration while calculating the risk/reward outcome.

#DramaAndDanger

[Update: 12/26/17]

Above I mentioned trait compatibility and incompatibility.
    This is from what I noticed about TS3 and TS4.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Incompatible traits does not make for incompatible sims in TS4.
    It just determines what traits your sims are not allowed to have.
    You lose out on the built in drama and challenge of sims who have opposing traits.

Try it yourself and make a Snob/Neat/Ambitious sim and a Goofball/Slob/Lazy sim and see how wonderfully they get along.
    The most you are going to get out of the Neat sim is a tense emotion to the messy environment the Slob has made, not the Slob herself.
    The only way for them to not live well together is if you force them with mean socials.
    10-23-16_7-46-41nbspPM.png

I made a similar household in TS3 and the difference is night and day.
    Screenshot-2500.jpg

Screenshot-2501.jpg

The conflict arises naturally without your help, but also has drama built into the socials when you have sims of opposing traits.
    Asking the slob to actually clean up the place gets you drama.
    Screenshot-2502.jpg

It's pretty easy to imagine: "Heck no I am not cleaning up. I made us breakfast (burnt waffles), you clean it up."
    Screenshot-2503.jpg

Screenshot-2506.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Honestly, I hate the scriped parties , and dates . It is more fun when we didn't had to be tell what to do.

You know all you have to do is uncheck the box before throwing your social event/party and you don't have to do any goals? The goals are an option if you want to earn medals.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I just really hope EA/Maxis are truly taking note of what players are giving as feedback. That would be awesome! And I'm not talking about the devs for the game, I'm talking about those in power.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

I just really hope EA/Maxis are truly taking note of what players are giving as feedback. That would be awesome! And I'm not talking about the devs for the game, I'm talking about those in power.

Amen to that, :)
    I have gotten the New Stuff Pack for Laundry, and I was surprised by it, but at the same time I have only made 1 creation or maybe 2 the most from items within that pack, and now I am bored again, I can not get myself to actually play My game and do laundry, I do not know if it is because I am more into Gothic type things or not, I just have to figure out what to do with My Sims 4 game while I wait to see what the Next pack will be I guess, :(
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Rukola_Schaaf

Yeah I agree! I was very active on TS3 forums, and never had a complaint about the game itself.. I had an issue with the save file glitch and some other random stuff, but with the help of others I was able to work it out.. I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when I was 11 years old.. 3 is my favorite and 4 is my least favorite, even under Sims 1.

4 is a sterile environment, stripped of what makes the Sims world relatable and therefore doesn't foster an emotional connection of any sort to it's players. I don't want to see my sims smiling like loons all the time, I don't want everyone to always be happy and "Aww shucks!". I want weird things to happen, a sense of danger and a feeling that there are mysteries to uncover.. Sims 2 definitely got down the mysterious part! And Sims 1 had all sorts of dark and quirky things that I absolutely love...

You won't find any odd things in 4 though.. Instead of prank calls in the middle of the night telling you that the end is near, you get calls for a bonfire party... Woo :neutral:
    Jemkatk wrote: »
    @Rukola_Schaaf

Yeah I agree! I was very active on TS3 forums, and never had a complaint about the game itself.. I had an issue with the save file glitch and some other random stuff, but with the help of others I was able to work it out.. I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when I was 11 years old.. 3 is my favorite and 4 is my least favorite, even under Sims 1.

4 is a sterile environment, stripped of what makes the Sims world relatable and therefore doesn't foster an emotional connection of any sort to it's players. I don't want to see my sims smiling like loons all the time, I don't want everyone to always be happy and "Aww shucks!". I want weird things to happen, a sense of danger and a feeling that there are mysteries to uncover.. Sims 2 definitely got down the mysterious part! And Sims 1 had all sorts of dark and quirky things that I absolutely love...

You won't find any odd things in 4 though.. Instead of prank calls in the middle of the night telling you that the end is near, you get calls for a bonfire party... Woo :neutral:

Thanks for making Me laugh, I do agree with your statement, I can not say that I miss Sims 1, 2, 3, because I still to this day play them all, the only problem I have is with Sims 4 due to the lack of gothic type stuff that I Luv to use in My games, My other games I can use CC, but Sims 4 I can not, the game just wont work If I try to use it so I have to go without CC, other then that I take the Sims 4 for what it is and play it more to make My creations then to actually play the game, :)
    Felicity wrote: »
    Cats and Dogs was kind of the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me. I got it; I paid full price. Since that's less than I would have paid for a pizza dinner with the family, I don't feel too put out (despite it being 50% off less than two months later). However, I had forgotten just how much of Sims 4 is repeating the same thing over and over and over again. The vet clinic had me tearing out my hair within a week. The scripted parties are terrible in that regard as well.

I started playing Sims 3 again, and I am still trying to figure out how they went so wrong with Sims 4. My sims are engaged; the male sim threw his bachelor party which was okay, but did not have the spark to make it great. However, my female sim's party was a blast. There was non-stop fighting, male dancers, regular dancing, dancing on counters, and all sorts of drunken revelry. She held it at a bar, but brought food from home. There was even a drama heavy moment when someone kissed a dancer when a friend of her spouse was apparently there, who slapped the kisser, obviously furious.

I did not need a checklist to have an epic party which left her with a good moodlet. But the thing is, I held these two parties two nights in a row, and they were both so different because of the different guests with different traits and the different places they were held. While yes, there are definitely things in these parties that could be improved on, adding a checklist isn't one of them.

Ummm, yeah. I'll play Sims 4 again and have fun with it, but it definitely isn't a game that can keep me engaged for weeks at a time.

I Luv reading this, it brings back the good ole days for Me, so I thank you lol.
  • NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    I wish that maybe there would be some sort of Generations thing that ensures townies who live in the houses will give birth to offspring to inhabit them in generations to come, so I don't have to keep spending hours creating townie households to make out that my town isn't dead. They should have pre-set offspring, with fully designed outfits and traits. All base game unless the worlds are from other packs, in which case fitting that pack.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    NathanA wrote: »
    I wish that maybe there would be some sort of Generations thing that ensures townies who live in the houses will give birth to offspring to inhabit them in generations to come, so I don't have to keep spending hours creating townie households to make out that my town isn't dead. They should have pre-set offspring, with fully designed outfits and traits. All base game unless the worlds are from other packs, in which case fitting that pack.

Yes. Story mode for unplayed Sims. I miss it so much.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I can't believe I still try and have faith in this game..I guess I feel like if I just keeping having faith it'll be a good game. I come back to it when something new comes out, but honestly it doesn't hold my interest it ranges to a few hours to maybe a week tops...I really really dislike this game...and I feel my voice and opinion don't count...cuz I don't like it like everyone else...I'm sorry to bring him up, but I feel exactly how LGR feels with TS4...but he gets bad comments and flames...why? For speaking the truth? ... I just wish I could love this game...but I can't...:(...
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    I can't seem to get "in to" Sims4. After making my sim, building or editing a house or apartment (from the extremely limited selection), and playing for about an in-game week, I get extremely bored. There's just nothing to do. Want to go visit a neighbor? Wait for a load screen. Want to go to a venue? Wait for a load screen. And there's nothing to actually "DO", either. At least with Sims3 there were places to go, things to do. Sims4 seems like it's just work, sit at home, repeat. I still play Sims3 3-4 times more than Sims4 because it's so mind numbingly boring. And don't get me started on all the bugs and glitches they have claimed to fix, but somehow still manage to be in the game...