Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Emotions Tied to Memories

Not sure if this should be here or Ideas but I'm putting it here.

Anyway, I was playing my game the other day and took a screenshot. When I set the pic to memory, it came out sad. My sim wasn't sad, it was a happy pic. This got me thinking of how much I miss being able set the emotion like we used to be able to do. I would like to see that come back but with a list of every emotion the sims feel inside the game. I love the rest of the memories thing but I really miss setting certain emotions per pic. And it seems like some emotions are automatically sad. Anyone else miss choosing the emotions?
Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel

Comments

• Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2016
    Maxis adding/removing/tweaking things that we don't requested, what a surprise!

Edit: Why "E.........Axis" was censored? Mess.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm sorry, what do you mean?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm sorry, what do you mean?

They mean no one asked Maxis to change how we used to do this in this game. They changed it anyway. You couldn't pick happy, right? When you could pick an emotion you wanted before? I don't know I don't use photos to spawn emotions for my Sims. I wish actual memory of the Sim would make them have an emotion not a picture.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I can't even figure out why they changed the memory system, they actually made it worse
    I don't see anything the new method has over the old one, I miss being able to pick an emotion too :|
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    That's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

I don't really use pics to spawn emotions either but I kind of use as a scrapbook for myself to see how things progress. If that makes sense. With the new system you can't choose any emotion. As soon as you make the screenshot a memory it chooses the emotion of the active sim. It's kind of aggravating when a happy pic is ruined because the emotion isn't really recognized. Know what I mean?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I don't really use pics to spawn emotions either but I kind of use as a scrapbook for myself to see how things progress. If that makes sense. With the new system you can't choose any emotion. As soon as you make the screenshot a memory it chooses the emotion of the active sim. It's kind of aggravating when a happy pic is ruined because the emotion isn't really recognized. Know what I mean?

I'm sorry, I didn't know they actually changed it. Why? I used it once or twice when the game first game out to see what is was about. No offense, but I would rather have a real memory system. But I assume people liked that feature in this game. That is what upsets people, nobody ask them to take this feature away.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I'm sorry, I didn't know they actually changed it. Why? I used it once or twice when the game first game out to see what is was about. No offense, but I would rather have a real memory system. But I assume people liked that feature in this game. That is what upsets people, nobody ask them to take this feature away.

I would much rather have the old memories from previous games but if it has to stay this way, I would at least like to choose the emotion.
  • Options
    Oops my reply posted as a quote. Still figuring this whole forum thing out. I'm usually a lurker not a poster. LOL
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    that they took the choosing emotion option away annoyed the plum outta me. my sims are "happy" most of the time, but when you take a wedding photo u actually want it to be "romantic" for the sims to memorize, ya know?
    nope, had to put a bunch of random emotional decor near the sims to "get them in the mood".

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I just want the old Sims 3 memories system where they were automatic, with the option to add your own capture as a memory. Having to capture all your own memories is way to much effort so I just don't anymore. And in Sims 3 I would always read through my spouse's memories when my sim just married because it was fun seeing what they did. This memory system isn't really good at all and not being able to choose the emotion anymore.... just why.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    There's memories in TS4? That's news to me.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    There's memories in TS4? That's news to me.

Sort of. Not in the way they were in previous games but it's screenshots you can make as memories.